I was wondering: is there any generator in the game that does not have a Piranha Plant inside? For that reason, I would think that we should use the name "Goop Generator" for this article instead. I have heard this name used before by official strategy guides (PRIMA calls them this if you're wondering). The title as it stands just seems redundant. Plus, we don't know that these are really Piranha plants. The Goop surrounding most other Piranha Plants can be sprayed off, but not for these guys. They may be Piranha Plant-shaped Goop for all we know. --Stumpers
- Goop Generator does indeed exist as a separate article, so the two may be merged; by the way, Prima is not official. Also, the back of Super Mario Sunshine's box identifies these as Piranha Plants. YELLOWYOSHI398
- What official walkthrough? .
That does not give you permission to retitle the page, just because some walkthrough said it. Unless that was the NINTENDO OFFICIAL WALKTHROUGH, made by Nintendo itself, that name is most likely false. All walkthroughs are official as long as they properly tell you everything. User:Dry Paratroopa/sig
- In fact, until some good proof is shown, I'm changing it back. User:Dry Paratroopa/sig
Uh, yeah, I really really think the title of this article should be changed to "Polluted Piranha" or "Polluted Piranha Plant", as that is what they are referred to as in the guide book. Also, doesn't it kind of just sound better...? PHOENIX (talk • edits) 23:00, 22 October 2010 (UTC)
- What guide book? Those things aren't even 50% reliable. Besides, this would force us to change the name of Goop Generator to some random, crap, unofficial name. These plants live in the Goop Generators, that's why they're called Piranha Plant(s) in the Generator(s). Plus, it's a more official-sounding name. This Is War 14:43, 25 October 2010 (UTC)
I think it's Nintendo Power...well, if you say so, I just think "Polluted Piranha" more effectively describes what the role of it is in the game. When I first read the other name, the first thing that popped into my head was like a generator that you use when your power goes out...could we at least change it to "Piranha Plant in the Goop Generator", you know, to avoid confusion and be more specific...? PHOENIX (talk • edits) 02:55, 26 October 2010 (UTC)
- NP is about 50% reliable, as shown by Knife's handy listing below. I understand the electricity point; I thought that at first, but then I read the Goop Generator page, and it made sense (well, to me it did, anyway. Not sure about other users). This Is War 13:29, 26 October 2010 (UTC)
Well again, whatever you think is right...I just think it sounds kind of redundant as it is, u know? To me, it would sound a lot better if it was changed... PHOENIX (talk • edits) 21:28, 30 October 2010 (UTC)
- 15:32, 26 July 2007 (EDT) It is not the Generator, it lives in the Generator. Should Earth be merged with everything?
This is SO not the place for this. It would go as a Proposal. User:Dry Paratroopa/sig
- I'm pretty sure that Versus Books is unofficial. --Reversinator 13:42, 10 August 2010 (UTC)
Reversinator is correct. In fact, here's a list of official sources in order of priority (this list applies to naming only):
- North American in-game information (naming on the wiki will usually come from the NoA translation)
- Japanese in-game information (can also apply to games that were originally developed outside of Japan)
- Other regional in-game information
- Instruction booklets
- Nintendo Power
- Development name
- Users (this will always be conjectural and should only be done if nothing can be found for the above)
Change the title of this article from "Piranha Plant in the Generator" to "Polluted Piranha Plant"
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
CHANGE THE TITLE 18-2
Alright, I've put up with this long enough...the title of this article needs to be changed! The title is needlessly lengthy and frankly too reliant on the Goop Generator article for clarification. I can understand arguments that say it makes sense because it comes out of a Goop Generator, but Bullet Bills come out of Bill Blasters, and Bob-ombs sometimes come out of Bob-omb Dispensers, and we don't call them "Bullet Bill in the Blaster" or "Bob-omb in the Dispenser," why should this be any different?
- Phoenix (talk) Per my proposal.
- LeftyGreenMario (talk) The current name is a misnomer. The name implies that the Piranha Plant is INSIDE a generator and has nothing to do with its appearance. Polluted Piranha Plant is a better-fitting name. Besides, the current name we have is a mouthful, and changing the name means less words, which means it is less tiresome for the reader.
- UltraMario3000 (talk) Per LGM.
- DKC2 King Liam (talk) Just sounds more reasonable.
- FourPaperHeroes (talk) Per all.
- Ultrahammer5365 (talk) Kinda new at this, but yeah, per all.(I AM doing this right, aren't I?)
- SWFlash (talk) Per proposal.
- Bop1996 (talk) Per proposal. (What? It's a good proposal.)
- Bowser's luma (talk) Per all.
- Loxo (talk) I agree with you, Pheonix.
- IGGY7735 (talk) Makes sense.
- Magikrazy51 (talk) Piranha Plant in the Generator, Monty Mole in the Cannon/Tank, Lakitu and Spiny in the Cloud, Goomba in the Boot, see the problem?
- TheBreakshift (talk) Per all, particularly Magikrazy51 (talk).
- Yoshidude99 (talk) Sounds better considering they made out out of goop.
- Mariomario64 (talk) Polluted Piranha Plant sounds more fitting; plus, Piranha Plant in the Generator is a little too long of a name
- Pseudo-dino (talk) Per Mariomario64
- Reddragon19k (talk) Per all if you please!
- Mario4Ever (talk) Per all.
- Rise Up Above It (talk) Per Edo. I'd prefer to merge the two articles.
- Fuzzipede27 (talk) Per All. They are the same thing.
I don't understand why we even have separate articles for Goop Generator and Piranha Plant in the Generator, since the piranha plant is just an extention of the generator. You never encounter a plant without a generator (unlike Bullet Bills or Bob-ombs), and every generator has at least one plant. You could say the plants are the heads and the generator is the body. Once you destroy all the heads, the body dies, and the generator vanishes. For me that's enough to consider it one big creature. We don't have, iirc, separate articles for body parts (King Bob-omb's Mustache, olol), so the two things should be merged to Goop Generator, Polluted Piranha Plant, or whatever fancy name that comes to mind. - Edofenrir (talk)
- @ Rise Up Above It - I agree with Edofenrir too, but there's no reason why we can't simply change the title of the article and then merge it to Goop Generator if that's what people want...my main priority is getting the name changed, but I can also see where merging the two articles would be useful as well. I just think we should handle that with two separate proposals... Phoenix (talk) 14:39, 26 February 2011 (EST)
- It comes out of a slime puddle with a bulge in its center. I think it's a mere design choice. - Edofenrir (talk)
Hmmm. I prefer the long name, but then merging the two articles together under a new conjectural name...couldn't we simply merge the articles together and leave the name as Piranh Plant in the Generator? This Is War 11:25, 27 February 2011 (EST)
- Also, as an added bonus, we can finally get rid of the conjectural template... Phoenix (talk) 17:59, 9 March 2011 (EST)
- Actually, in Bianco Hills episode 1 there is a generator that spawns Strollin' Stus. Pseudo-dino (talk)