Delete this page
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
leave as is 0-0-13
OK, what? This page is just downright stupid because it talks about something that only one of its kind exists, and has a conjectural name that just sounds wrong. For all we know, this entire page is just speculation about what might actually be a regular Piranha Plant with modified features to make it act like the quicksand pit. And the thing about the Sarlacc pit is just complete and utter speculation. We know almost nothing worth talking about this thing other than the fact that it's just a notable Piranha Plant that eats up everything that sinks into the center like a Sarlacc pitt. In short, this page is not worth keeping at all. We can just talk about it like it's a normal Piranha Plant, but just reference it as something special when we do talk about it.
Proposer: Skuchi037 (talk) (banned)
Deadline: September 10, 2017, 23:59 GMT
Delete the page
Keep the page, but make changes
- Doc von Schmeltwick (talk) It can't reasonably be merged with anything, it's fairly unique, it's a thing that exists, it's a particularly large thing that exits, it has an actual purpose, ergo, it warrants its own page. Normal Piranha Plants appeared in Double Dash as well, and this is completely different. It certainly warrants a page more than the sponsors do.
- Time Turner (talk) It looks and acts different from other Piranha Plants, and anything insinuating that they're regular Piranha Plants would be speculative in and of itself. Per the opposition.
- TheFlameChomp (talk) Per all.
- BBQ Turtle (talk) Per all, especially now an official name has been found for it.
- Alex95 (talk) - Per all.
- LinkTheLefty (talk) - Official name has been found and the changes have been made, so per all. Might have to look into whether or not the Yoshi Desert Piranha Plants should have their own article, though.
- Baby Luigi (talk) Per all.
- Niiue (talk) Per all.
- Camwood777 (talk) - I'm too lazy to write something unique, but I'd rather not just robotically say "per all" and make it look like I'm a black sheep. So, uh, this is what you get. This is why you don't allow a disappointment to vote.
- TheHelper1000 (talk) - Per all, plus considering that I made the article way back in 2015, I'm obviously on this side.
- Yoshi the SSM (talk) Per all.
- LuigiMaster123 (talk) Per all.
- MarioComix (talk) Well, considering my stance on the Bouncing Notes from Music Park, my stance on this proposal would actually be contradictory, and so I've shuffled over to this side.
- Pit Plant is the name in the Nintendo Power Player's Guide. 13:02, 28 August 2017 (EDT)
- It's not pulled from a description (i.e. not "pit plant"), it's pulled from a title in which it's helpfully capitalized. Hello, I'm Time Turner. 13:03, 28 August 2017 (EDT)
"This page is just downright stupid" - Subjective
"only one of its kind exists" - One time appearances is nothing new
"has a conjectural name that just sounds wrong" - Resolved
"this entire page is just speculation" - Nah
I agree on the Sarlacc Pit thing, though. "Possibly a reference" shouldn't fly. Now that an official name has been found, is there a point to this proposal anymore? 13:02, 28 August 2017 (EDT)
@LTL: For what it's worth, the Prima guide calls the Yoshi Desert enemies just "Piranha Plants" (Page 45, written by Bryan Stratton and Steve Stratton). Hello, I'm Time Turner. 17:38, 28 August 2017 (EDT)
- Those are also the only Piranha Plants in that game. We don't need a page for the sucking-looking Piranha Plants from MK64. Doc von Schmeltwick (talk) 17:44, 28 August 2017 (CT)
We have a page on Pink Donkey Kong Jr., one that plenty of people agree is sensible. I think this is honestly more key than him/her/it/"our lord and savior, Pink Donkey Kong Jr., may peace be upon him and those whom he bless" in a game play perspective. ~Camwood777 20:58, 29 August 2017 (EDT)
- Pink DKJR was memed into existence and should be considered an outlier in most circumstances. Hello, I'm Time Turner. 23:45, 31 August 2017 (EDT)