Talk:Mario Kart DS
This is a featured article!
It represents the best of the best that the Super Mario Wiki has produced. If there are any edits that will improve the article's quality even further, make them.
|Edit the article · add to discussion (new section) · FA page|
|Mario Kart DS has won a Mario Award in the First Awards Ceremony!!
- In my opinion, the items section should be higher up in the article. Otherwise, it looks great! Eric42 15:35, 2 January 2007 (EST)
- 1 Shy Guy picture
- 2 Eight-person play
- 3 Mission 3-1 Is Wrong
- 4 Picture in trivia section
- 5 Yes
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Why?
- 8 # Of Karts
- 9 Can we?
- 10 Something Interesting
- 11 Mission Level 7?
- 12 Goofs
- 13 Reference to Paper Mario TTYD
- 14 Mario Kart DS editing help
- 15 Redirection Inconsistency
- 16 Character bios in Japanese website
- 17 Mario Kart DS & Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection turned 10 years old today!
- 18 Stats from the guide
- 19 Delfino Square staff ghost?
- 20 Standard Kart Pictures
- 21 Karts Section incomplete?
- 22 B Dasher in MKWii
- 23 20 race tracks online only?
- 24 Game crash observations
Shy Guy picture
The picture of the shy guy is overlapping with the characters picture gallery (with a 1024*768 res). Any way to make it fit? --Cobold 13:20, 23 January 2007 (EST)
- Ah, my 1280 X 1024 res made the pic too big. Is that better? Wa TC@ 15:40, 23 January 2007 (EST)
- Yep, I can see Yoshi now. Thanks. --Cobold 16:04, 23 January 2007 (EST)
MK DS is not the first Mario Kart to feature 8-person play. Double Dash featured up to 16-person play in LAN mode. --Cobold
Mission 3-1 Is Wrong
I have received information that the description for Mission 3-1 is incorrect. DBM11085 has a FAQ at www.gamefaqs.com that says the objective for Mission 3-1 is "Destroy all 5 item boxes!" If someone could correct this article as soon as possible, that's be good. --User:Litnin200
- Wow – no idea how that got there. Maybe it was right before and someone changed it. I'll re-look up the mission ASAP and fix it – thanks - Wa TC@ 18:14, 15 March 2007 (EDT)
- Looking at history, looks like I simply missed one initially in December 2006. Also, Litnin200, you're free to fix it. Wa TC@ 18:16, 15 March 2007 (EDT)
Picture in trivia section
Just a small question. The illustration of a emblem shown at the bottom of the screen appears to me not to be of Tamagon, but instead of Bub from the Bubble Bobble series of games. Just wondering if that caption needed to be changed. -Elias5891
I think that trivia section should be removed. These things like emblems and such are some of the major features in game, not trivia! --Super Mario Whatever 16:34, 22 September 2007 (EDT)
- Should be merged with the main article, yes. - Cobold (talk · contribs) 16:46, 22 September 2007 (EDT)
There are two Luigi curcuits in the leaf and shell cups on the cups table. Could someone please change this because i am not sure about it. Marioface 03:21, 25 September 2007 (EDT)
- One, speak more clearly next time. Two, one is the GCN version the other is the GBA version, apparently. My Bloody Valentine
# Of Karts
Hey... don't you start out with TWO karts, not THREE? It says three in the article.--Waluigi FTW 19:10, 3 January 2009 (EST)
Hey, If you get so far into the game, you can let the characters have 36 karts to choose from! Don't believe me? Follow the link!!!!! 
Does anyone notice that when in Download Play the Shy Guy is the same color as the player's menu color? I'd like to add this to trivia. Should I add it, not add it all, or add it somewhere else in the article?
- This information is not true. I played several times with my sister on Mario Kart DS and Shy Guy changes color within each download play. My menu color is lime-green, yet I sometimes end up with a Black or Pink Shy Guy. (T|C)
Mission Level 7?
- I think you have to get at least a star in every mission. (T|C)
- Well, that's never gonna happen! =P :( -J-Yoshi64
I would also like to know how to unlock mission 7, so I followed this link:gametipcenter.com/mario-cart-unlock-mission-7-in-mission-mode
Why did you delete that? WikiofSmash 00:12, 13 July 2011 (EDT)
Reference to Paper Mario TTYD
Isn't the battle stage Twilight House a reference to Paper Mario TTYD's Twilight Town? The stage has a similar appearence to the area.
Mario Kart DS editing help
Hello? I am new to Super Mario Wiki and I am confused. I read the Introduction and Help but when I try to create Mario Kart DS glitches, I click 'here' in red letters, but I can't create the page! Can someone help me?
The preceding unsigned comment was added by OiraM (talk).
- The page was deleted because it was not how you do things. Also sign your comments with ~~~~ Dr.Wario ''Perverse-When things are upside-down and you start to like them that way.'' 19:11, 2 September 2011 (EDT)
If you press "talk" and if it says "create a page for Tails777", then you can make your own page on DS glitches. well, that's all i got!'
"MK1" through "MK8" each redirects to a corresponding Mario Kart game, except for "MK5". Should it be added for consistency? Hippopo (talk) Sure, why not? Toadbrigade5 (talk) 23:21, 23 September 2014 (EDT)
Character bios in Japanese website
Could someone please translate the bios from the website below into English ? It also includes unlockable character bios.
Mario Kart DS Japanese website - Characters&Karts: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/amcj/chara/index.html
Infinite8 09:31, 29 September 2015 (EDT)
Mario Kart DS & Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection turned 10 years old today!
Today's Saturday, November 14, 2015 and Mario Kart DS & Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection turned 10 years old today! However, I was thinking that maybe we should have MKDS or Nintendo WFC as a featured article or something along those lines. --Michael (talk) 00:27, 14 November 2015 (EST)
Stats from the guide
I have the NDS Pocket Guide, and it has a list of stats for the karts. I don't know how the stats listed on the wiki were approximated, but they generally match up, except that the guide (mostly) rounds to the nearest unit. However, it also lists a sixth stat: weight. I don't know if this is useful, but I can post the full list of stats if someone asks for them. Hello, I'm Time Turner.
Delfino Square staff ghost?
Standard Kart Pictures
The pictures for the karts Standard Bowser, Standard Dry Bones, Standard Donkey Kong, Standard Daisy, Standard Luigi, Standard Peach, Standard R.O.B., Standard Toad, Standard Waluigi, and Standard Yoshi need to be added in the Karts section. TheUnknown67 12:31, 9 July 2016 (EDT)
- My sister had tried to get pictures for the Standard Karts, but the models didn't have any textures aside from Mario's kart. KaBoom! 18:13, 9 July 2016 (EDT)
Karts Section incomplete?
- It should mention that each of a character's three Karts will have a similar stat balance (i.e. their stats will be comparable) - It says Dry Bones has the best turning curve, but it's his Karts that have it (same with Drift and Weight, but not the other three stats) - "Acceleration: The time the kart's top speed is achieved when accelerating" is grammatically incorrect and slightly confusing - Potentially mention that all the standard karts share the same texture and model, and only change their color (perhaps also specify the color) - Point out that the Standard SG is effectively identical to the Standard YS, and is probably the exact same kart
18.104.22.168 04:32, 21 November 2017 (EST)
B Dasher in MKWii
Isn't the B Dasher in MKWII? if so should it be added? 22.214.171.124 09:55, 24 November 2017 (EST)
- The B Dasher only appears in Mario Kart DS, Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, though the Sprinter is its successor and is referred to as the "B Dasher Mk 2" in some regions. --TheFlameChomp (talk) 10:13, 24 November 2017 (EST)
20 race tracks online only?
Which 12 racing tracks are excluded from online racing in Maro Kart DS? --126.96.36.199 11:06, 9 October 2018 (EDT)
- They can be found on the course table. Those without the asterisk means they couldn't be raced online. – Owencrazyboy9 (talk) 11:42, 9 October 2018 (EDT)
Game crash observations
The game crashes if:
- More than 4 fake item boxes (only reachable using cheats)
- Multiple consecutive lightnings (also requires cheats)
--188.8.131.52 09:35, August 22, 2019 (EDT)