Is there any reason why this doesn't cover the world maps in games such as Super Mario Bros. 3 and New Super Mario Bros.? They aren't really covered anywhere else on the wiki.
(--) 10:18, 14 December 2017 (EST)
Reorganize this page
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
clean up 5-0
This article seems to have the "everything but the kitchen sink" syndrome. The article start with: A map is an item used in all of the Mario role-playing games. Then begins flip-flopping with various maps in almost every Mario series, with Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World and New Super Mario Bros. U 's map screens (and it's not the only 2D Mario games to have this by the way), Super Mario Sunshine 's map (already covered here), Super Mario Galaxy 2 's map (already covered here), and Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga 's map (already covered here).
The worst thing is that the page uses the Magical Map as an image, but no information about it is actually found on the page, and and by the same way, covered on his own page like most of the other maps mentioned above. The page then, ends by mentioning the maps of the Mario Kart series, which in my opinion is not really that worthwhile of keeping.
The only map that, I believe is worthy of keeping on this page, is the one from Super Paper Mario, which can be purchase from Flamm in the game. As the page mentions: These maps will lead Mario and the heroes to hidden treasures throughout the game. Although there is information about that here, all those informations could easily be move here, in a way similar to how Guide Book currently is.
For short: Delete all informations from maps that is already covered on other pages, delete informations about the maps from the Mario Kart series, keep everything about the maps from Super Paper Mario, and move the information from List of maps in Super Paper Mario here. This would definitely help the page to have a specific topic.
- LudwigVon (talk)
- TheDarkStar (talk) Per proposal.
- Toadette the Achiever (talk) Yeah, I disagree with Bazooka Mario here. Per proposal.
- Doomhiker (talk) Per all. A category for maps in general should be created, though, for user who want to easily find all of the pages for different maps.
- Owencrazyboy9 (talk) Per Doomhiker.
- Yeah, I think this discussion would've benefited if it was more open-ended rather than proposal format. It's clear the page needs clean-up and coverage questions and answers, but I think a proposal is a little premature. KaBoom! 18:01, July 5, 2019 (EDT)
- The page is currently a mess, and the propose change are somewhat major (clean-up, and a merge), so I thought that a proposal was the best way to bring arguments regarding the page's coverage. Moreover, the only "Map" which I believe, deserves to be covered on this page is the Maps from Super Paper Mario, which is actually a specific item called "Map". The propose change are to delete everything that isn't Super Paper Mario's maps, and merge everything from List of maps in Super Paper Mario with this page to only keep coverage of the maps from Super Paper Mario. - (TALK)