From the Super Mario Wiki
Hinopio is an enigmatic Toad in the game Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. Hinopio used to live in the Mushroom Kingdom, but moved out a long time before the events of Super Mario RPG to set up his own shop in Barrel Volcano. Hinopio seems to be comfortable in the volcano and spends his time running his shop, which is actually two shops that sell both items and armor. His "Hino Mart," as the place is called, also has an inn inside of it.
- Hinopio's name is a portmanteau of "hi [pronounced he]" (the Japanese word for "fire", used in reference to Hinopio's flaming home) and "Kinopio", Toad's Japanese name.
- On a shelf in the back of Hinopio's shop there are toy models of Captain Falcon's and Samurai Goroh's F-Zero racers, the "Blue Falcon" and the "Fire Stingray", in addition to an Arwing from the Star Fox series.
- Hinopio is the last original Mushroom Person Mario meets in the game.
- Hinopio is the only Toad to have a tattoo; this fact is shown in the Player's Guide.
- Hinopio is the only Toad with a unique cap, a flame cap.