The 'Shroom:Issue 105/Fun Stuff
Hello, this is SMB! I did not direct Fun Stuff this month — Superchao (talk) collected the sections, and Henry Tucayo Clay (talk) formatted them and posted the SOTM — but I am the only one who wrote some notes here. I hope you have a Happy Christmas, a Merry Holidays, and a Merry New Year!
Section of the Month
|FUN STUFF SECTION OF THE MONTH|
|2nd||It's aMAZEing!||11||20.75||Meta Knight|
|3rd||Guess That Game!||2||6.06||Super Mario Bros.|
Tropical Freeze Contest
This month, we are having a contest! Henry Tucayo Clay (talk) kindly offered to host Hiding Koopa - Find the Differences!, which is a cross between the two hyphenated sections. Be sure to check the rules in his section below and PM him with your submissions! As per the last contest, there are gift cards to win and Shroom Tokens; so go ahead and see if you can win!
Welcome to Quiz, a place where I... quiz you, on Mario stuff of course though.
- What two things is the Shy Guy Lion a cross between?
- Which Super Smash Bros. game featured Young Link as a playable character?
- What is the objective of the card game Pair-a-Gone?
- What world in Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze is Shipwreck Shore found in?
- Which castle stage in Super Smash Bros. Melee is very similar to one found in Super Smash Bros.?
- What colour is a Mad Pokey?
- What island does Yoshi's Safari take place on?
- What is the name of the mole enemy found in the Tree Zone of Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins?
- Which YouTuber released a parody series called Mario Warfare?
You may recall last month I was considering writing a new section; based on what you all voted, you wanted the "Fan Fiction, by You!" I have not yet had the project green-lighted yet, but I am planning to start February.
Anyhow, it's the holidays, a time to sit back, relax, and take a break from Mario for a while.
Or you could run to GameStop to get Mario ornaments like me:
Well, just like 12 months ago, the theme will be Snow and Ice. Think snow levels, cold enemies, and the like. Pick your level, and get started!
Level 2: Normal
Level 3: Hard
BONUS: What’s the Power-Up?
Well, how did you do? Regardless, thank you for playing Guess Who, where you could just as easily be making Mario snowmen (unless you live in the East Coast like me, where it's 70 degrees for some reason). Well, I hope you learned some things about icy Mario things; I'm sure it's a skill you'll need later in life. Check back in January, and Happy 2016!
Guess That Game!
Think you can solve this month's Guess That Game! puzzle? We have three challenges to solve: the first one is a Mario series video game, the second is a non-Mario Nintendo franchise video game, the third is a non-Nintendo video game. Give it a go!
Challenge 1: Mario Game
- This game barely made it as a 2013 game – at least in the United States.
- The doctors is out... but his brother has stepped in!
- The game was released exclusively for the eShop on Wii U.
Challenge 2: Non-Mario, Nintendo Game
- This game started a new franchise on the Wii U.
- It received high marks from most reviewers.
- The playable characters get inked.
Challenge 3: Non-Nintendo Game
- A series composed of three main entries, released throughout the 1990s.
- Although initially hyped up, the first two games are considered mediocre and the third is critically panned.
- The first games come in a two-fur one package, now that they've been revived by Steam.
Non-Mario, Nintendo Game
That's all for this month! Be sure to check your answers and check back next time!
Did You Know
Did You Know...
- That for reasons unknown Orb Users hate Kinklinks
- That Geno’s real name is ♥♪!?
- That Punchinello was originally going to be called James Bomb
- That the Ice Cilmbers were taken out of Super Smash Bros. 4 because they wouldn’t work with the 3ds version?
- That Donkey Kong appears as a hidden fighter in the Wii version of Punch Out
- That the only thing Wario loves more than money is his pet chicken Hen?
Hey everyone! I'm The Pyro Guy, and today I've got some merry new picrosses for you guys.
Or is it picri? Or picrae?
For an explanation on how to play, see here. This time, the theme is;
In case the big text above is too big to comprehend, I've prepared some great new puzzles for you to solve. Enjoy!
If you managed to successfully complete these picrosses, then well done! Check your answers with the table below.
|Answers (click show, then click the pictures)|
A nice Super Star for the top of your Christmas tree.
The Christmas tree that the Star can go on.
I hope you did well! Make sure you stay tuned for the next issue for a new picross for you to solve! And on that bombshell, happy holidays from me, and see you all later!
It's December, a time where people are filled with joy as the holidays approach. However, it's also fairly chilly, so I can only imagine people of any age sitting by the fire sipping a mug of hot chocolate. At least that's what I do. How could anyone resist? To celebrate, this issue's maze is of an Ice Flower. We may not see many trees with leaves, but this flower's pretty cool!
How to Play:
-Copy the image in an art program (such as Paint, Photoshop, paint.net, etc.)
-Click the line tool and adjust the size as needed
-Use the line tool to get from arrow to arrow
-Zoom in and out as needed
Hiding Koopa - Find the Differences!
HI! I'm your chilly guest writer, Tucayo, here with a very special Hiding Koopa - Find the Differences winter special contest extravaganza 3000! All you gotta do is simple, the next image has twelve Koopas and eight differences in it. Find them, circle them in Paint (or whatever), and then PM them to me! The first one to do so will get a prize! Please note, objects that come in pairs count as one difference.
Here's the original image: (you can click on it to enlarge)
And here's the modified one: (same, you can click to enlarge)
|Front Page About Archives Comments Subscribe Spotlight Contact us Manual of Style Sign up |