From the Super Mario Wiki, the Mario encyclopedia
This is the rules page for the election; campaigns and voting take place on this article's discussion page.
The 'Shroom holds annual elections in December in order to determine who will lead the project for a one year term. This term begins immediately after the incumbent staff posts the January edition, and ends the following year.
- This election starts on Saturday, December 26th, 2015 and ends on Saturday, January 23rd, 2016 at 00:00 GMT.
- Any registered, autoconfirmed Super Mario Wiki user with a Super Mario Boards account may choose to nominate themselves for election on this article's discussion page (linked to in the introduction). The nomination period ends on Saturday, January 16th, 2016 at 23:59 GMT.
- A candidate may choose another member to be their running mate; this individual will become the Sub-director / Editor-in-Chief should the ticket win. The running mate must meet the same qualification listed in Rule 2.
- All candidates must specify what their plans are for the following year.
- No candidate may employ blatantly unethical campaign methods (such as bribing voters, outright copying another member's campaign, etc.).
- Candidates may hold discussions and debates in the election forum topic and in the chat room.
- Any registered, autoconfirmed Super Mario Wiki user may cast a vote for one candidate on this article's discussion page (linked to in the introduction).
- Voters may change their vote at any time during the course of the election.
- In the case of a tie, the Core Staff will establish a runoff election for another week between the tying candidates. Ties beyond that will be handled if they come up by a process decided by the Core Staff.
The following is an example of how a campaign should be formatted:
Sample Candidate 1
This is where the candidate will introduce themselves, state their purpose and motivation for running, and what their qualifications are; if the candidate has a running mate, they also provide an introduction for that person and explain why they are fit for being Sub-director.
Then the campaign's goals will be listed here:
- This is the first goal.
- This is the second goal.
- ...And so on.
This is where other members of the wiki place their votes, like this:
Responsibilities of the Director
- ...publishes new editions of The 'Shroom every month;
- ...sets immediate, monthly, and yearly goals for publication;
- ...chooses a staff team that will assist them in effectively planning and releasing editions;
- ...provides framework for staff cooperation and efficiently delegates tasks in order to enact plans;
- ...is responsible for final review and implementation of policy suggestions.
There are other various tasks that the Director must assume, but these are the most basic duties. If you think you are capable of leading The 'Shroom for a one year term, post your campaign on this article's discussion page. Good luck to all!