Arcade version came out first?
This article's very first sentence is "Wrecking Crew is the first original Mario game for the Famicom..."
Well, I checked some videos on YT, like this one:
and as you can see the Vs. version is copyrighted 1984! So it came out before!! Still, being that the title seem a modifed version of the simple Wrecking Crew it is possible that they created WC as a NES game, and just happened to release the arcade version first, but it seems to me that the foreground/background thing is made pureposelly for the arcade version, that has two screen on the opposite sides of the cabinet, while in the NES version it only seems a useless residual! What are your thoughts about it?--Kombatgod 03:23, 25 May 2011 (EDT)
- Okay, I changed the first part.--Kombatgod 09:31, 24 June 2011 (EDT)
I don't believe it came out first. For example, Vs. Super Mario Bros. came out after Super Mario Bros., as every other Nintendo Vs. System game. Furthermore, the "Sequels" subsection still mention that Vs. Wrecking Crew came out after.
Banon (talk · edits) 10:53, 7 April 2013 (EDT)
Do we need two boxes
Vs. Wrecking Crew
As seen in the above link, Vs. Wrecking Crew is (appropriately enough) more of an older style arcade experience than an action-puzzle platformer: the game board is virtually static, the only enemies are Gotcha Wrenches, and Luigi plays simultaneously on the other side of the construction wall much like Spike. I'd say the differences are about on par with, if not greater than, Vs. Super Mario Bros. It's not common that Nintendo VS. System titles were that drastically different compared to their home versions. Can we perhaps gather more game information and give it its own article? LinkTheLefty (talk) 05:20, 25 July 2015 (EDT)
Split Vs. Wrecking Crew from this article
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
To put it bluntly, the proposal that merged the article in the first place took place in a time where any article that happened to be short was seen as a stub and therefore something to eliminate; in short, it really shouldn't be taken into consideration. As discussed above by LinkTheLefty, Vs. Wrecking Crew displays notable differences from Wrecking Crew, making it it less of a port and more of an entirely separate game or, at the very least, a remake (and we're in the habit of giving articles to remakes). Especially considering that Vs. Super Mario Bros. already has a separate article, there's no reason for this to be left behind.
- Time Turner (talk) Per proposal.
- Niiue (talk) Per proposal.
- Doc von Schmeltwick (talk) Different title. It's not like when Donkey Kong and Mario Bros. got "ported" to other systems, as this has a different title and a few other vast differences.
- Yoshi the SSM (talk) Per all.
- Camwood777 (talk) - Seriously; how did we miss this?
- TheFlameChomp (talk) Per all.
- LinkTheLefty (talk) As far as I can tell, this is nearly its own game.
- Mariomaster86 (talk) Definitely. I can help with more information about the game.
- Owencrazyboy9 (talk) Per all, especially Time Turner.
- LuigiMaster123 (talk) I could've sworn this article was split at one point. Anyways, per all.
- Mario jc (talk) Per all. (All the more reason it should be split.) I'm assuming "VS." will be in capitals like the others.
- It takes a proposal to undo another proposal. Hello, I'm Time Turner. 16:06, 16 September 2017 (EDT)