Talk:Super Mario Party
I would like to help out and edit this page with new info like minigames, but I am unable to, is the page locked from me doing that right now? Just looking to help out. Thanks. Magitroopa (talk) 13:32, 13 June 2018 (EDT)
- Yes, page is currently locked to autoconfirmed and above. 13:33, 13 June 2018 (EDT)
- Yeah, unfortunately, new users can't edit every page. To prevent vandals from doing any serious damage to the wiki, all new wiki users are required to go through an autoconfirmation process to edit certain pages. To become autoconfirmed, you need to make at least five edits and have an account for at least four days. There are many pages that aren't locked, but feel free to request any edits you want to make on this page! -YFJ (talk · edits) 13:39, 13 June 2018 (EDT)
- 1 Gold Rush Mine
- 2 Kamek
- 3 Whomp Domino Ruins
- 4 No Additional Characters
- 5 Paratroopa
- 6 Australian Classification
- 7 Unique Dice Blocks
- 8 Subdued Colors
- 9 E-rating.
- 10 "first home console game to not be numbered"
- 11 Gamescom demo.
- 12 Add references to the confirmed characters
- 13 Is this correct?
- 14 Golden Town is included in Partner Party
- 15 Character Table
- 16 Mario Party 7 reference
- 17 Template for Super Mario Party
- 18 Unlocking criteria
- 19 Dice Blocks
- 20 Online Mario-thon
- 21 Dice Block Pictures
- 22 Gems
Gold Rush Mine
Maybe add this to the "Others" segment of playable characters.
- Kamek (Curses the board with hidden "Bad Luck Spaces") <ref>https://youtu.be/vX6qUywlnjg?t=1h18m30s<ref>
Whomp Domino Ruins
- Added. You seem to be pulling these images from Discord. Why not join the Super Mario Wiki Discord server? 19:07, 14 June 2018 (EDT)
No Additional Characters
I remember seeing in one of the videos that all the characters revealed in the direct or play videos will be the only playable characters. Should we add that to the article? User:FireFlower
- I dont think so Nintendo could add a few more characters you never know, i asked them in an email wether characters like birdo or kamek will be playable they simply said wait and see.Mariobirdofan02
It's actually most likley that the playable characters revealed so far won't be the only playable characters in the game, because Pom Pom has always appeared with Boom Boom in her appearences.
The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk).
- Perhaps. But the comments here aren't useful because FireFlower hasn't specified which video and what part of the video that said these. If you recall something, you should try pinpointing the information first rather than suggest content you recall from memory to be added to articles. After all, memory is highly prone to distortion, and we can't verify it either way if you can't be specific. KaBoom! 18:54, 19 August 2018 (EDT)
Add this one to the "Board items" segment of confirmed items
According to https://youtu.be/8IvmajTJivI?t=8m59s Paratroopa brings you to a rival's space for 5 coins. If you have less than 5 coins, he tells you that you have insufficient funds.
The preceding unsigned comment was added by G3kken (talk).
Before adding this to the page, I wanted to know if the Australian Classification can be considered a reliable source. Because according to them, it is Nd Cube who are the developers of the game. http://www.classification.gov.au/Pages/View.aspx?sid=uNNBprW4u3SDf%2bEoCaGn1w%253d%253d&ncdctx=okzTfCb8OTKe0zl36CB08S6AthRvPQY3Q6nI5Zz62E5g3r34tKlwTh7UuKUI1kJ%2bscURO7bmfpScHgp1PojiNw%253d%253d --(TALK) 21:54, 22 June 2018 (EDT)
- Even without their verification, I wouldn't say it's a huge stretch that they are indeed developing the game. (T|C) 21:54, 22 June 2018 (EDT)
- I know that it is quite obvious they are developing the game, but I just find it odd that Nintendo does not mention this anywhere. Even on their official website, it is indicated as being developed by Nintendo without mention of Nd Cube. --(TALK) 22:03, 22 June 2018 (EDT)
Unique Dice Blocks
There are some confirmed Dice Blocks for most of the confirmed characters
- Mario's Dice Block has 1, 3, 3, 3, 5 and 6
- Luigi's Dice Block has 1, 1, 1, 5, 6 and 7
- Peach's Dice Block has 0, 2, 4, 4, 4 and 6
- Daisy's Dice Block has 3, 3, 3, 3, 4 and 4
- Yoshi's Dice Block has 0, 1, 3, 5, 5 and 7
- Rosalina's Dice Block has +2 coins, +2 coins, 2, 3, 4 and 8
- Shy Guy's Dice Block has 0, 4, 4, 4, 4 and 4
- Koopa Troopa's Dice Block has 1, 1, 2, 3, 3 and 10
- Bowser's Dice Block has -3 coins, -3 coins, 1, 8, 9 and 10
- Boo's Dice Block has -2 coins, -2 coins, 5, 5, 7 and 7
- Hammer Bro.'s Dice Block has +3 coins, 1, 1, 1, 5 and 5
- Donkey Kong's Dice Block has +5 coins, 0, 0, 0, 10 and 10
Wario, Waluigi, Goomba, Monty Mole, Bowser Jr., Diddy Kong, Dry Bones and Pom Pom do not have confirmed numbers on their Dice Blocks, but should I add the confirmed Dice Blocks to the article?
- Yes, add them. We will add the rest when we know what they are. Yoshi Egg 1990 17:39, 28 June 2018 (EDT)
- Probably not. Art style changes with the game. That'd be like pointing out that Mario Galaxy has a darker color scheme than Mario Sunshine. 12:54, 24 July 2018 (EDT)
- Do you have a source? DK Fan
Yes, here it is: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/super-mario-party-switch
The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk).
"first home console game to not be numbered"
Someone should add "since the original" to the end of that statement, since it's just "Mario Party", not "Mario Party 1". 126.96.36.199 21:33, 12 August 2018 (EDT)
Some guy on Youtube managed to play the Gamescom demo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14XfFKKa7LE Apparently, the twenty characters confirmed will be the only ones at launch, with Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dry Bones and Pom-Pom as unlockable characters. DK Fan
- How do you know those will be the only characters at launch? There could be more. I mean there is an entire month in which we could find out more about the game. User:FireFlower
Add references to the confirmed characters
Is this correct?
Really thinking it isn't dice in singular. As I didn't find a source that reafirms that. I didn't undo it because it would be turning into an edit war. What do you guys, native in english think? Sources? -- (talk) 15:17, 26 September 2018 (EDT)
- "Die" is the singular usage. But if the game actually uses "dice", should be sourced to avoid typo corrections. 20:07, 26 September 2018 (EDT)
- Just confuses me! Just because English is not my first language. In no dictionary I've seen that, but, if you are native, who am I to disagree. -- (talk) 11:46, 27 September 2018 (EDT)
Golden Town is included in Partner Party
YT video mirror: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olMekbxpwMs
188.8.131.52 16:37, 30 September 2018 (EDT)
Can we maybe colour the character table headers like the Mario Tennis Aces character table? We could base the colours on the character-exclusive diceblocks.
The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk).
- Right now we don't even have images of individual dice blocks on the Wiki, but it's worth considering when the game releases. MarioComix (talk) 21:15, 1 October 2018 (EDT)
Mario Party 7 reference
Just like Mario Party 7’s Party mode, whomever rolls first is now the red player, second is blue, third is green, and fourth is yellow, regardless what player number you are. DDRHottestPlayer (talk) 09:42, 5 October 2018 (EDT)
Template for Super Mario Party
Please create one with all relevant articles. Syncro263892XL 16:55, 5 October 2018 (EDT) I mean, it's already created. Does its respective template has some things missing? Syncro263892XL 13:39, 6 October 2018 (EDT)
I suggest having a screenshot of the dice blocks themselves next to their descriptions and numbers rather than or next to the character images. I would obtain the screenshots myself but I do not own the game yet. -- Marble Q (Talk) 11:50, 8 October 2018 (EDT)
- There are images of the dice blocks (with a small CSS icon) in the "About Dice Blocks" under Party Pad's Advice section. We would wait for sprite asset rips or cropped screenshots. And the table should be somewhere similar to the one in Mario Party: Star Rush page. - Infinite8 12:15, 8 October 2018 (EDT)
This segment should include all of the different cups and what minigames are in them, and what score grants you maximum points in each. Toad Cup: Barrelling Along, Sizzling Stakes, Croozin' for a Broozin (the player must survive for 60 seconds in order to get 1000 points), Trike Harder, Gridiron Gauntlet (the player must survive for the full 90 seconds in order to achieve 1000 points). Toadette Cup: Precision Gardening (Im not entirely sure but i believe that the player must finish the minigame in 13.50 seconds or less to achieve 1000 points), Snack Attack (By using the scores given in-game, I believe that the player must get 28 points in the minigame in order to get 1000 points), Feeding Friendsy, Fuzzy Flight School (the player must survive for the full 90 seconds to achieve 1000 points), Candy Shakedown. Kamek Cup: Gridiron Gauntlet, Fuzzy Flight School, Snack Attack, Croozin' for a Broozin and lastly there is a random space. Judging from my personal experiences and by looking at the worldwide rankings I believe that there are 3 possible minigames that it could be; Barrelling Along, Sizzling Stakes and Candy Shakedown. This mode also has a custom cup which can only be accessed offline or with friends and you can choose any minigames out of the 10 available to create a custom cup Also, I suggest that the scores be used specifically for Online-Mariothon and other closely related artiles because they do not appear in any other modes. If this were to be turned into an unique article, should the title be Mariothon or Online Mario-thon as they are practically the same mode. (The reason im not doing this myself is that I am unsure whether this needs an entire article) jimmynacho