Talk:Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions
- 1 Minion Quest: The Search for Bowser
- 2 More changes for the SS remake
- 3 Pokey
- 4 Battle theme
- 5 Piranha Plant
- 6 Birdo
- 7 Yoshi Theater posters
- 8 Rating
- 9 X Bosses?
- 10 Saving after Final Boss?
- 11 Bestiary
- 12 Unmentioned Changes
- 13 gifs for Minion Quest allies & own article(s)?
- 14 Update Table
- 15 Bosses ?
- 16 E. Gadd Pic Speculation
- 17 Battle differences
- 18 Surfing
- 19 Gold Captains
- 20 New Page
Minion Quest: The Search for Bowser
It's called Minion Quest: The Search for Bowser, not Bowser's Minions. This was shown in the E3 game reveal. I'd make the edit myself, but I don't know how to cite sources. My source is here:  -YFJ (talk · edits) 19:33, 15 June 2017 (EDT)
- So it is. The main game itself is labeled as "Bowser's Minions", but it appears the actual mode itself is differently named. Thanks for finding that. 19:37, 15 June 2017 (EDT)
I own the game, and it calls it Bowser's Minions in the start menu, and the literal title is "Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions so I may have to disagree " Cappy Throw (Talk) 14:13, 3 January 2019 (EST)
More changes for the SS remake
1. Ratings are now given for solo attacks
2. An "Excellent" can now be given for bros. attacks
3. Scenes have been added/changed to tie the game in with minion quest
The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk).
The original GBA game had a solo battle command for both Mario and Luigi which contained the jump as well as the hammer and hand actions. However in the Stardust Fields picture, We can see that there is now a unique action block for jump,hammer as well as hands. I don't know whether this is an advantage or a disadvantage to players. Phil44440 (talk) 05:43, 10 July 2017 (EDT)
Pokey appears in artwork but isn't mentioned anywhere in the article. Where would it go though, the artwork suggests it will be one of the minions you can use in Minion Quest. -- 23:08, 27 June 2017 (EDT)
- Well, in Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle's page we have the Characters with unspecified roles subsection, so you can create it and add all the characters you spot who don't yet have a clear role.--Mister Wu (talk) 04:37, 28 June 2017 (EDT)
This game's remix of the main battle theme was just leaked:
Somebody might want to add that as a music file. However, I am not really versed in doing these kinds of things
Have regular Piranha Plants actually been confirmed to be allies in the Minion Quest mode? I believe it was added to the list before the Fire Stalking Piranha Plant's name was confirmed, though I thought I'd ask before I removed it. --TheFlameChomp (talk) 11:08, 24 August 2017 (EDT)
- For a character that only appeared two times in the original and the only times they are very specific, they haven't shown her, but they haven't shown the locations where she was in the original. Yoshi the SSM (talk) 09:51, 16 September 2017 (EDT)
Yoshi Theater posters
Do we have any word on if those have changed this time? If so, what are they? BooDestroyer (talk) 19:58, 20 September 2017 (EDT) They are changed. three of the four posters are now references to the other Mario and Luigi games. One shows the UFO from Partners in Time. The second one Shows Broque Monsieur and Broque Madame from Bowsers Inside story as well as a random Brock dog. The Fourth One Shows Prince Dreambert standing in front of what appears to be Pi'illodium with the zeekeeper symbol on his face. The 3rd one has a cheep cheep on it. No idea why its just a cheep cheep. --126.96.36.199 18:45, 14 October 2017 (EDT)
I know this may not be contributing to the article that much, but with the amount of content Youtube has seen, does anyone know if the game has added an arena styled area with X bosses? I'm asking mostly out of curiosity, but if it is confirmed, it can be added to the article. Tails777 Talk to me!18:40, 26 September 2017 (EDT)
- As far as anyone can tell, there is no Battle Ring, and thus no X Bosses. I have heard that the Koopalings are replaced with Dark versions (like Dark Iggy, seen in the E3 playthrough) once you recruit them, but I have yet to see hard evidence that this is the case.--Thatguy62 (talk) 18:49, 26 September 2017 (EDT)
Saving after Final Boss?
- Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door and Super Paper Mario save after the final boss. The game is still playable, the only thing that can't be done is re-face the final boss. It's different for the series, but it's not something that completely ruins the game. Tails777 Talk to me!
- Patience. The game just released. Someone will get around to it sooner or later. 16:36, 7 October 2017 (EDT)
There was a couple of changes between versions that I didn't see mentioned in the changes section. For starters the one info booth functions completely differently. Instead of giving hints on what to do next it checks your records and gives you prizes depending on what you've done. Secondly I think the item blocks with cassette tapes should be mentioned since those weren't in the original. Third there's a random Underwater valve in the middle of the Oho Ocean Seabed. It serves no purpose, but it can be spin jumped into to make it spin... but spinning it does nothing. --MilesDaFoo616 (talk) 18:32, 14 October 2017 (EDT) Also forgot to mention the Invincishroom's color was changed from Green and Red to just purple and the Changes made to the Posters in the Yoshi Theater --MilesDaFoo616 (talk) 18:53, 14 October 2017 (EDT)
gifs for Minion Quest allies & own article(s)?
I'm just editing the article and adding all allies to it, should we create a own article for them as well? There's usually a bestiary article, should we include all Minion Quest characters in one article? Because all of them got the same amount of text. Another idea I had was to create a own article just about Minions Quest that includes everything about it.
- There's currently not much to say in this page about the remake part, so for now we can keep the allies and enmies tables here. The animated sprites are in general better and can be used in place of the static sprites, although I think that many of them still have to be prepared. The bestiary would be used for the stats, that for now are not known (we only have the stats at certain levels, not the base stats and the increments at each level).--Mister Wu (talk) 10:42, 20 October 2017 (EDT)
- What do you mean? There are bosses in the game. 11:33, 4 March 2018 (EST)
E. Gadd Pic Speculation
Hey, I just noticed that under the E. Gadd pic is a sentence saying, "A new game?" This looks like pure speculation to me, as if whoever added that was thinking that they'd release a new game starring E. Gadd or something like that. Could it be removed?
I would like to request that a new section be added amongst the battle differences to signify the altered Ludwig battle, seeing as such a prominent difference was not mentioned. I did find the alteration listed in Ludwig and the Koopalings’ pages, however it really ought to be in the battle changes as well. PianoKing03 (talk) 23:08, 25 July 2018 (EDT)
- I agree with this. Though is this the only Koopaling battle that was altered? (T|C) 23:13, 25 July 2018 (EDT)
Well no, actually, the others have been altered, albeit to a far, FAR lesser extent. There were changes, however. For instance, Iggy could change your stats, and there were several new moves as well, such as Larry using the Tennis racket in battle. (or at least, I never saw it in the original) PianoKing03 (talk) 11:13, 26 July 2018 (EDT)
Hey, I just got this game and was having problems getting the Bros. Move surf, and I can't get it, I decided to come here to see if I could get some help but you guys have literally nothing on the topic, can someone who knows how to do this please give it to this page? Cappy Throw (Talk) 16:36, 28 December 2018 (EST)
- This page covers the differences between the original game and this game (the remake) so the page for Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga is a better place to look for information on the game itself. Also, we do have information on the topic as it is covered on the Bros. Attack and on the Splash Bros. pages. Doomhiker (talk) 16:47, 28 December 2018 (EST)
I believe the way Nintendo set it up that Minion Quest is supposed to be considered a seperate game, as they have their own title screen, and besides switching modes via the suitcase the only tie is the unlocking cutscene, I personally will take care of everything if this is a good idea, Cappy Throw (Talk) 15:26, 18 February 2019 (EST)
- I don't believe so. This page would barely have any content left to it if all the Minion Quest content packs up and leaves. Plus, the fact that we can contain all of the Minion Quest content in here basically proves that it fits to remain on this page. MarioComix (talk) 16:16, 18 February 2019 (EST)