Page should be combined with Sidestepper page. New Page made for Donkey Kong's fishing crap as it has no relation to other mario crabs nor sidesteppers.
Does this actually need a page? It's just about crabs as background objects that don't affect gameplay, enemies based on crabs, and things that look like crabs. Binarystep (talk) 00:42, 18 April 2015 (EDT)
- The majority of this article is generic crap and borders on the same type of crap Sun used to have. The information about the Crab for the fishing thing and as Mario Kart obstacles might be reason enough for it to stay, though. Bazooka Mario BadaBoom! 22:41, 23 June 2015 (EDT)
Pinch this article
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
canceled by proposer
Okay, let's face it: this article borderline fails the generic subjects policy. We already have numerous articles on specific crustaceans, such as Sidestepper, Clawdaddy (including King Clawdaddy), Huckit Crab, Scurvy Crew, the list goes on. The only non-generic crab on this list is the one from Mario Kart 64, though since they're replaced with Sidesteppers in later appearances, I have three options to suggest:
- Trim the article to only include Mario Kart 64 information.
- Delete the article and relocate the Mario Kart 64 info to the Sidestepper article.
- And finally, do nothing.
It may not be quite a bad as some of the other generic subject articles that I've seen, but it still needs to be evaluated regardless.
- Doc von Schmeltwick (talk) I'd be fine with removing the DKCTV part (Crabby's an implied character) and splitting the hermit crabs (as hermit crabs in real life are actually considered to not be actual crabs, but a relative), but every game appearance on here is an interactive element and thus does not fail the generic subjects policy. They even give coins in Odyssey if chased underground if I recall right.
- TheDarkStar (talk) - per doc, every instance of crabs in the mario series except the dkctv ones is interactive (the ones in 3d world give coins too iirc)
I'm not fully sure about this one, since this article also mentions crabs from Super Mario 3D World and Odyssey. I am a bit skeptical about the Dream Team section at least. I think I'll wait to see what others think about the matter before I decide on this one. Keyblade Master 17:33, February 22, 2021 (EST)
- Yeah, I think the Odyssey and DKC entries contain gameplay quirks that I think are worth mentioning. I also disagree with Waluigi Time: crabs are obstacles worth mentioning, they serve as a kart racer's "enemies" in the same way your average enemy does in a platformer game. Ray Trace(T|C) 17:37, February 22, 2021 (EST)