Hello and welcome to the Super Mario Wiki, a collaborative knowledge base dedicated to the Mario franchise. We're glad to have you as a member! If you have any questions, just post them on the FAQ talk page or ask an experienced member, patroller, or administrator.
The following pages contain guidance and information about reading, authoring, and participating in the Super Mario Wiki community. If this is your first time visiting, please read our introduction.
How do I do that?
You are welcome to browse through the following categories:
Things you can do
Feel free to delete this message when you're done reading it. We hope that this information is helpful and that you have a great experience contributing to our encyclopedia and community. Remember to enjoy your time here and to also have fun!
Congrats!!! Keep up the good work! =D Grapes
If you want to retrieve everything you experimentally rolled-back, I'm pretty sure you can just undo the actual rollback edit itself (I've had to undo stuff I've mistakenly undone a few times myself). Just use the old-fashioned "Undo" (and not another Rollback), and I don't see why it shouldn't work. - Walkazo 20:38, 5 February 2009 (EST)
- Yeah. And if there is a specific revision you prefer, go to the History section and click on the date and time of the edit. Then click "edit" on the old revision. You can now copy all the text from the older revision. Copy it, then return to the current revision. Now just delete everything and replace it with your copied text. Bam! Good as new (or old in this case). =) -- Son of Suns (talk)
Hiya, SolarBlaze. I thought you'd like to know that the Sysops thought it was fair that the Patrollers gain access to the Sysop Board. So if you get an account on our forums, I'll hook you up with the permissions to see the Sysop Board. Many things go on there that you may want to check out. It's not required for you to reply (or even have an account there), but I thought you'd like to know. — Stooben Rooben 16:39, 10 February 2009 (EST)
- ohai, SolarBlaze. I noticed you were online, and I think patrollers can delete things. If that is true, can you please delete Category:Series? Thanks. :) Yoshario
-Sorry, Yoshario, but as strange as this may sound, I actually have no clue how to delete that, or if it's even possible for Patrollers to delete things. I've recently been promoted to the Patroller rank, and there are still some things that I don't know how to do, yet.
- No worries. I am a sysop on other wikis. To delete things, make sure there is a delete tab above the page, along with a history, move, and watch page. If there's not, then patroller's probably can't delete things. Cheers, Yoshario
-When the page existed at the time, the "delete" tab wasn't around. But it's nothing to worry about, though, because it looks like someone else has already deleted it.
Patrollers cannot delete pages.
But that's not what I came to talk about. Just so you know, there's a little entry bar on the Featured article page that allows you to edit a pre-made template that you just fill in the details. You might wanna use that next time you nominate a FA. Just thought I'd let you know. ;) .
Actually, I just found out that your spelling of the stage was right. For some reason, it was mispelled as "Jungle Hijinx" when Funky Kong mentioned the stage. My mistake. User:SolarBlaze
I guess it's fine how it is. This is probably something that would go good in a trivia section. User:SolarBlaze
I've noticed that, since becoming a sysop, you rarely use your powers. Is there a reason for this? Do you have any questions regarding the functions?
I'm not trying to pressure you, the administration just wants to make sure that you fully understand your powers. If you do have any questions, feel free to ask me. --KPH2293 21:54, 8 June 2009 (EDT)
Yes, I'm fully aware of how to use my Sysop powers. The thing is, is that I never or rarely ever find any instances in which my Sysop powers are needed (other than when trolls and sockpuppets appear). However, I've only managed to catch one of them so far, whereas other people seem to catch them every time. Perhaps I just haven't been looking in the right place. Also, I'm trying to be careful not to abuse these powers. That's one of the last things I want to do.
-SolarBlaze 17:50, 9 June 2009
- Alright, that's fine. Just wanted to make sure. If you don't already, then I would recommend checking this category regularly (very helpful). You're an excellent contributor, by the way. Keep up the great work! --KPH2293 16:14, 10 June 2009 (EDT)
- Why hasn't the header changed? Anyways, can you offer input about my new ideas? I think they're good and I have 2 users on my side (one of which is coincollector) but I want more admin feedback! Marioguy1 (talk)
- Is that a yes to just remove them or a yes to Add a Removal section? Marioguy1 (talk) P.S. I'm writing in subscript because it is subscript day! (see for more info.
SolarBlaze, can I get your wiki-editing history from you? I want to expand your page on userpedia so that it is not a stub! Please give me some dates and how you started working and maybe even your feelings about the wiki. Could you also give me some input on other users for the Relations with other users section? That would be great, thanks a bunch! Marioguy1 (talk)
Ah, yes... My short article on Userpedia. I had almost completely forgotten about it. To answer your question, thanks, but no thanks. I do appreciate the offer, Marioguy1, but I was already planning to re-register over there, so that I could expand that article myself. That article would probably have a lot more information if I were to work on it myself, since it's a first-hand account of my experience(s) on the MarioWiki. Oh, and by the way... I've been meaning to apologize to you for the mess I got you into before, where I gave you permission to remove those "fan votes" from Luigi's article. Sorry about that. SolarBlaze (talk)
- It's OK, that was kind of my fault too :( Marioguy1 (talk)
Hi SB! I don't know if you read The 'Shroom, but currently we are in a great lack of writers, and the Shroom staff decided that we should invite Wiki Admins to be part of it. So, would you like to write for The 'Shroom?? There are some sections that do not require too many work, and it is something you just have to do once a month. I would greatly appreciate if you agreed to sign up :) Thanks --™ The 'Shroom 12:58, 13 May 2010 (EDT)
Fawfulfury65 has taken care of it already.
SolarBlaze 23:13, 30 July 2010 (EST)
I'm sorry, but I have no idea. The only reason I knew where to find scans of the Donkey Kong Country manual, is because someone at the Donkey Kong Universe forum linked to it.
Sure, if you want to. However, I don't exactly have a character that's based on myself.
Ah, I see. And you're welcome.
Hiya!There is a VERY important question I want you to please answer.It is....Do you wanna be friends?I hope so! Kinggoomba is awesome!!"GOOMBAS!!KOOPAS!!They're everywhere!!!"· 00:55, 29 October 2010 (UTC)
MW to North American
Why do we move the Mario Kart Wii vehicles from the North American to the MW name? The
jerk jerks who did this have to move them back! - Billtn 23:41, 3 November 2010 (UTC)
- I hate to butt in, but I think they did it for the good of other people who actually read the wiki. Besides, they mention the North American name at the top of the article. Lost Mini Star09 (talk)
I saw that you blocked Shibmima or whatever his name was. On the speedrunwiki, he created a page about Reverse Phone Lookup.
- Hi SolarBlaze I was wondering if you would like to try out contributing on NintendoWiki, the main wiki of the NIWA alliance and I am seeking out good contributors to help out there as Tacopill recommends. Thanks. Kaptain K. Rool
Ah, okay. Fair enough. User:SolarBlaze
I am curious where you got these DK: King of Swing images
File:DifferentBG.jpg, File:BombPegs.jpg, File:Spikes.jpg, and File:DifferentArea.jpg are all perfect resolution for GBA screenshots. Did you find a website with them (link if possible) or did you take them yourself on a pre-release ROM (obviously do NOT link)? --The Retro Gamer 12:07, 9 July 2015 (EDT)
I got those screenshots from DK Vine years ago. The site has since changed its layout, so I'm not sure whether or not they're still around.