User talk:Glowsquid/Archive 11
|This is an archive of past discussions. It is kept for historical reference only. If this page is unprotected, do not edit the contents. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
- 1 64 Kilobytes...Good Way to Support Retro Consoles
- 2 Just a Random Question
- 3 Re Perry Block
- 4 The Shroom Warning
- 5 Quiz time! Quiz time! Who called the Quiz Master?!
- 6 PROBLEM WITH THE CROSSWORD
- 7 Reginald Fils-Aime
- 8 Re: The Shroom
- 9 Munchlax
- 10 Hello
- 11 'shroom Quiz
- 12 Yet another Shroom header
- 13 Hey. You.
- 14 Out of control huh?
- 15 'shroom Quiz
- 16 Welcome Commitee
- 17 BA-DUM TISH
- 18 Quiz Job
- 19 McThanks
- 20 Heh
- 21 Question
- 22 119!
- 23 Shroom Help
- 24 shroom sections
- 25 Back
- 26 Mi Shroom
- 27 Um...
- 28 Status?
- 29 How to join the shroom
- 30 Chat
- 31 I Check Recent Changes Too Much
- 32 the shroom
- 33 thanx
- 34 I Am Vague... Yep
- 35 Jen
- 36 Thanks
- 37 Hey
- 38 Citations
- 39 It's Not my Eyes...
- 40 OMG, Already!
- 41 Hi
- 42 About Stooby
- 43 hi
- 44 Shroom
- 45 The Fireman
- 46 That's Scary *gasp*
- 47 YAY BOOBIES (lulzj/k)
- 48 IT DOESNT LOOK LIKE MUCH DOES IT
- 49 YOU WOULDNT BE PLANNING SOMETHING WOULD YOU
- 50 crossword
64 Kilobytes...Good Way to Support Retro Consoles
At the time of writing this, it was.
I'm just gonna say a bit more stuff, mainly because I talk to you for your very serious, helpful answers. You're like the most serious user. Almost like an oppostie to me. Er, oppostie? See, that was a FUNNY typo! Sounds like 'postie!'
Anyway, I'm surprised at the low quality of some major articles. Such as Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, which is a game, therefore deserving of a good article. You should have seen the dumb things written in the Opening Movie section. Crikey. From now on, I'll just search random pages and read them thoroughly for mistakes.
Also, the Prankster Comet article had a shocking mistake in the image caption, as if no-one noticed.
Oh, and is Stooben gonna be back soon?
Just a Random Question
Re Perry Block
Thanks so much. now I'll be able to continue my writing. one more thing... could you check my work (if you want to) on the world pages (super princess peach) once and a while, just to check if I'm on the right track
thanks so much
MC Hammer Bro. 18:14, 5 June 2008 (EDT)
The Shroom Warning
About the warning you sent me, i wanted to work for the Fake News section of The 'Shroom. Please tell me what section of the Shroom Fake news can i work on Princesspeachfan2008
Quiz time! Quiz time! Who called the Quiz Master?!
Reciently the quiz section of the 'shroom was vacant but I've signed up! That's ok right? However I have no Idea what to do so you'll have ti give me a run down.
MC Hammer Bro. 19:51, 6 June 2008 (EDT)
Sorry, I couldn't get my section done. I was busy with final-related things for most of may and last week when I found the fan game I had to PM the maker to play it, but I wouldn't have the time to play a good portion or even get the report on it in. :S SJ derp :P
PROBLEM WITH THE CROSSWORD
hmm.. blittzwig, the clues are missing -- 09:39, 8 June 2008 (EDT)
- CRAP! For some reason, I thought the clues were a part of the Crossword image. Ugh. --Blitzwing 10:35, 8 June 2008 (EDT)
Can we censor out one of the words in a quote on the page stated in the header? I just thought I'd ask you, I know the word isn't as bad as the one on the Bob Hoskins article but still... SJ derp :P 12:24, 8 June 2008 (EDT)
- I opposed the proposal to change the Bob Hoskin thing. Now guess what my response is. --Blitzwing 12:34, 8 June 2008 (EDT)
Re: The Shroom
Hello agian boss. 2 questions for ya: First of all, when do I need to have the quizz done by? second of all, how many do I need to make. Oh and other one: what do I do with my finished product?
MC Hammer Bro. 15:01, 9 June 2008 (EDT)
Cool thanks. but How many quizzes do I have to make? and do I have to send you the quiz in the format that it would be in the shroom ([[ ]]) or just the questions.
Alright then. I'll send you the finished product over the fourm. Talk to you later. User:MC Hammer Bro.
Yet another Shroom header
Hiya, Blitzwing. I was just telling you that I'm leaving the wiki temporarily, due to personal matters. During that period, I won't be able to write my 'Shroom sections. I don't know if I'll continue after I come back, but just letting you know that I won't be able to write for the next few months. Sorry that I only got to write one section. But as I said, I will be leaving the wiki. Temporarily, hopefully. Marcelagus (T • C • E)
- Hello, I just got back from vacation, and I probably won't be able to finish my section by the 2nd, but I'll try my best to get it in by the 4th. Thanks for your understanding, Blitz. Marcelagus (T • C • E)
- Yay. Go Crypt go. Is Stooben still doing the News? If so, I might take another month off... heh heh. Thanks, O mighty sysop. 3D, and to think four months ago you were just an average user!
Out of control huh?
Check out your fourm inbox. I sent you my finished product. Make any necessary changes or tell me to fix/recreate it.
Reply on fourm or talk page know tell me you got it.
MC Hammer Bro. 12:47, 15 June 2008 (EDT)
Does the Welcome Committee exist and where can it be found? If it does not exist, could you please delete the last sentence of Template:Welcome, as it is redundant? (The template is protected.) —Soler (talk · edits · edit count) 07:25, 16 June 2008 (EDT).
- Shoot. Oh, and one question: would it be OK for you to find Stooben Rooben's email and PM it to me? I really want to tell him something and he's in cold storage here. I'm hoping he still checks his email. Would that be in keeping with rules? 3D, i has... caramelldansen?
Hey! I'm Jaffffey if you've heard of me and you can call me JAff. I'm here to request the quiz job in the shroom. I have a lot of time on my hands (no girlfriend yet) so I'll work hard on it. All I need is a sort of rubric for how to make a quiz. Thank you for your time.MisterJaffffey G0 Glowsquid/Archive 11
I like saying 'Mc' before anything.
Hey, thanks for accepting my Proposal and fixing it on the page. (oops, bottom of page...forgot) And thanks for supporting my view...I didn't know if I was making any sense. Now to see what other Users say... Oh, and are there any things in the Shroom that I should/could sign up for? I'd like to make some contributions to it.
On the Proposals page, rule 6 states "At the deadline, the validity of each vote and the discussion is reviewed by the community." Do you happen to know what this means? A proposal I made has reached its deadline, but I haven't archived it yet, for fear of violating this rule. (I'm asking you because you're the only other online user.) Thanks. —Soler (talk · edits · edit count) 07:39, 22 June 2008 (EDT)
Also, whichever member of your 'Shroom staff is responsible for updating MarioWiki:The 'Shroom/Single forgot to do it. That had me confused until today, as I normally read the Single Page edition. Being ignorant of how to fix this, I made a botched attempt at updating it, which you might want to correct. —Soler (talk · edits · edit count) 08:16, 22 June 2008 (EDT)
Actually, there are still some problems that I'm not sure how to fix, like "<div>" showing on the page. I'm afraid to delete these outright, in case it screws up the page. My first job was botched, but I've just finished fixing up most of the problems. You're welcome anyway. Oh yes, thanks for telling me that about the proposals. (I'm deplorably rude—I should've thanked you first.) —Soler (talk · edits · edit count) 11:05, 22 June 2008 (EDT).
EDIT: I tried to fix them, but I've no clue how to. Also, it looks like Template:'Shroombox hadn't been updated since Issue XIII. I've done it, but the sections might be in the wrong order and I don't know the next release date. Sorry to bother you. —Soler (talk · edits · edit count) 03:12, 23 June 2008 (EDT).
Hello there is vandalism that I found. Page "Mario Party 9" created by User:Drew. There is only gibberish and he has already been warned (by you) about gibberish articles. good luck
MC Hammer Bro. 19:37, 22 June 2008 (EDT)
Cool thanks. Um Only Sysops can delete pages right? just wondering....
MC Hammer Bro. 19:54, 22 June 2008 (EDT)
- Some wiki pages no comeing up on my computer. How I fix? Yoshita Moto 15:18, 29 June 2008 (EDT)
Hi Blitzwing! I was thinking about joining the 'Shroom lately, but I can't beacause of these questions. First, none of the positions are really possible for me. So can I make up my own position? Or do you have any positions better suited for a first-timer? Does the same go for the fake news? Secondly, how do I send you my work? I can't use e-mail, so can I AIM it to you or post it on your talk or something like that? I'd appreciate the help, cuz I really wanna join the 'Shroom. Z3r0 Tw0
Thanks for the help. I haven't visited the forum yet, but I will ASAP. I hope to actually join the 'Shroom within the next month. Z3r0 Tw0 Update: Uh oh. I've got a problem. I'm not allowed by my parents to give out my (their) e-mail addresses. So I can't use the forum. Are there any other ways to send you my work?
Hey Blitz. I thought I'd let you know i might not be able to get my Shroom section in this month. Sorry. D: .
- I'm sorry. I feel really bad. I should be able to get it in next month, though... I sure hope so... .
did you recieve my sections? -- 14:38, 4 July 2008 (EDT)
- 'K. Just to warn you, though, the amount of games I can play on my computer is rather low, so the game I'm doing may not be the best kind, 'K? SJ derp :P
- OMG, sorry about my obscene lateness D: I'll PM it to you on the forums immediately. I'm just not making these deadlines very well, so I may have to give up the position to someone else *coughXzelioncough* soon :( I'm not sure though, so don't fire me yet XP Glitchman (talk · contribs)
Hey, Blitz. I was wondering if I could start a section in the Shroom, whereas when a Smash website is giving out the updates (much like Smashbros.com was), I can reveal 'em over here, and if there isn't any updates (like now), I can do a trivia thing on the Smash series. Can I? Palkia47
- The "update" thing seems kind of pointless, and if yo want to write Trivias about the Smahs series... I guess you can take over the Trivia for one issue.... Fly Guy 2 is slacking off. --Blitzwing 10:03, 6 July 2008 (EDT)
- 'K. I'll take the one issue, if that's fine? Palkia47
How to join the shroom
- Why don,t you click "edit" and check where other users put their names? --Blitzwing 14:09, 7 July 2008 (EDT)
Hello, hey help me with my sig
Blitz, I'm sorry. I don't think I'll be able to get my 'Shroom section in until Monday. I was gone all day today, and I'm gonna be gone for a good portion of tomorrow. I'm really sorry, I was meaning to get it in today. SJ derp :P
I Check Recent Changes Too Much
Yeah, but when he wrote that, I checked Toadette 4evur's comment and he (Toadette) said he was confused about the Proposal...so how can you support confusion? Don't you think he should've written something in Comments about him agreeing with Toadette?
Hey, you didn't reply to that message above...you do realise my comment was referring to the Wiki in general, not your talk page? I hope you didn't get the wrong idea.
Anyway, I just realized my Proposal is past the Deadline - as you can see, there are no Opposals and many Supports (and Comments) - so can my Proposal now go ahead with the comments taken into consideration?
Oh, and what happens to the Proposal now that it's...dead?
Blitz, just so you know my shroom section might arrive a day or two later than I thought. I was working on it yesterday just so I could get it to you as soon as I could, but then I didn't feel very well and I haven't been on the computer much since I got sick. I just want you to know, please don't get really mad. I'm sorry. SJ derp :P
hi can i join the shroom an make the video game reviews? user:yoshiman411
- thanx for lettin me join uh just one thing to private message u i need to go to the forums right? if thats true do i need an acount over there?--Yoshiman411 14:48, 14 July 2008 (EDT)
I Am Vague... Yep
Thanks for doing that major change to the Final Smash page based on my vague Proposal. It was too late at night for me to do it...you beat me. Actually, your idea of changing it to a simple list of links is better than what I was thinking.
I'm still thinking abut whether to sign up for the 'Shroom or not - could I make a new section called Dimentio's Inbox? (until I think of a better name...) The idea is to have me pretending to be Dimentio, and a certain limited number of users can write questions to me (in the Shroom section, not my talk page), as in questions about life problems or as if they want me to be their counsellor, then I reply to them all, Dimentio-style. For example, people as asking for help would receive replies telling them to send people annoying them to Dimension D, or something like that.
Do you think this Shroom section would work? If so, I'd be glad to sign up.
Jen didn't voice her in the first strikers, but that was the last MArio game for the gamecube you know. She did voice her all the way until then. SM64 is an exception as well. All other N64 games and NGC games are done by Jen. FD09
Thanks for removing my proposal. Btw, I thought of a section I can do for The Shroom. Can I do "What's That Game?", and the reader has to guess what the game is, and hints are provided... can I do that for The Shroom? Palkia47 I wanna get back in The Shroom, and which the empty positions for it involve uploading... which I can't do.
- 'K. Do I start next issue? Palkia47
- No, but I can use checkuser. --Blitzwing 10:44, 19 July 2008 (EDT)
- You can? Can you check Blue Koop's IP and see if it was the same as all the Goomba's, please? --MegaMario9910 10:47, 19 July 2008 (EDT)
- Nay. His IP doesn't match with any of the recent sockpuppets. --Blitzwing 10:49, 19 July 2008 (EDT)
Hey, Blitzwing! I remember a while back you were talking about wanting to bring a type of source citing to the Wiki where you would do something like this: "Mario defeated Bowser and Bowser Jr. by overturning the tub. (SMS)" I forget what it was called, but you showed me an example (a much better one with templates and such) from the Transformers Wiki. Are you still interested in getting these on this Wiki, too? I was thinking about minor subjects that show up across many, many games, such as the Banana -- I really think it would help those articles, where you can't just create a new section for every game they appear in. Stumpers! 15:54, 21 July 2008 (EDT)
- Sounds great. I really like the separation by game we have in the articles, so we're thinking on the same page here. I think the only time I'd use storylinks to put multiple games together would be in the character discription sections (personality, etc.), and in an article like Mario or Donkey Kong, where there are four games that come together to make a very brief story: Donkey Kong was in Mario's circus (Donkey Kong Circus), wentand kidnapped Pauline (Donkey Kong) in Big Ape City (Donkey Kong Country), was captured by Mario (Donkey Kong), but then freed by DK Jr. (DK Jr., DK II). I suppose this technique could even be used to bring in bits from "questionable canon" (ugh) sources so that people who believe those sources are canon can read them and those who don't can pass over them. I'm thinking like in the above example, I deliberately stopped myself from writing, "Donkey Kong escaped from the circus. (Saturday Supercade)". Anyway, that would be the kind of thing I mean for when I'd use citations from multiple games. Is that how storylink is usually used? Anyway, what are we gonna have to do to bring storylink to the Super Mario Wiki? I know the Dr. Who Wiki "Tardis Info Files" just does this: "Dr. Who was created by a teenage human male called Jason who used to be the Master of the Land of Fiction. ([[NA]]: ''[[Conundrum]]'')" It doesn't require a template, so I suppose we could do something like that to make it easier. Stumpers! 18:53, 21 July 2008 (EDT)
It's Not my Eyes...
I'm having trouble uploading new versions of Brawl trophy images I uploaded - they looked really bad so since then I've edited them to make them brighter and sharper - they're clearly better, but when I tried to upload the new versions with the same filename - it said it was successful but they haven't changed at all - although the file size has got bigger! I need help - do I upload my better ones to new file names and ask someone to delete the old crap versions?
WTF - Half of the time it does work...
Those images I showed you just above are the good versions, after being fixed. However, my original Dialga one which was crap, seems to have changed successfully, so can you please delete 50px? Also, my first version of Cresselia's trophy here: 50px is low quality - please delete it, I uploaded a new version: 50px. The Palkia one worked though.
BTW, please archive to save my dial-up connection! Yes, I don't even have broadband ...
PREASE DON'T BAN ME I AM NOT RUDNICKI! HE COURD WRITE AN L!!!! Yoshita Moto 15:33, 24 July 2008 (EDT)
- Thanks. I thought Xze would take care of it, but he left...again; 3D's gone, so I guess I'm in charge again. o_o Man, the Fake News team isn't going to know WHO to send their sections to! XD ...Oh, crap. DX — Stooben Rooben 15:37, 25 July 2008 (EDT)
how can u make ur own wiki? user:yoshiman411
Wow I can't believe I just did that! Anyways... thanks for letting me know. Talk to ya later boss.
- No community stuff allowed on the main Page, uh. --Blitzwing 12:31, 28 July 2008 (EDT)
That's Scary *gasp*
Wow...I uh, didn't sign up because I wasn't ready to! And I won't be ready to sign up until the next issue starts production. I've never been on the forums - so I'll have to venture into that foreign realm for the first time. But, did you really like my idea so much that you offered me to be in the Shroom? Cool!
I'll start as Dimentio, then be Count Bleck, then keep doing evil characters. I like teh evilness.
Oh, and...August the 2th...tooth?!
That's only one day after I get back from Hell, assuming I'm still alive (read my status...)
YAY BOOBIES (lulzj/k)
YOU BLASTED FOOLS!
YOU BLASTED FOOL!
MMG GGGBBLL BGGAANNN!
Hee hee hee.
IT DOESNT LOOK LIKE MUCH DOES IT
Darth Vader Wannabee: You will get to test my serum-whatever!
Random Nazi-Type Guy: *blank stare*
Darth Vader Wannabee: It doesn't look like much, does it?
Random Guy Clothed In Khaki: *blank stare*
Darth Vader Wannabee: But with this, I will conquer the WOOOOORRRLLLLLD!
Random Bald Guy: *blank stare*
Darth Vader Wannabee: DRINK IT NAO LOL
Random Shaky-Looking Minion: Sir? Might I comment upon the dangers of drinking previously untested serum that might have slightly undersirable side effects and...
Darth Vader Wannabee: SHUT THE HELL UP AND DRINK IT
Random Etc. Guy: *gulp gulp gulp* Ahhhh! Delicious! Lemon-Lime Kool-Aid!
Darth Vader Wannabee: WHAT?! THEN WHAT WAS THE GREEN STUFF IN THE PITCHER I JUST DRANK?! AAAAAGH! *turns into odd monster-type thang*
Random Guy: Yay! It worked! Sir? Sir?!
Lulz. Funny. Why do the freaks always wanna take over TEH WORLD? I mean, the responsibility! The headaches! The hot babes! Hmmmmm...
Someone really oughta make a Youtube Poop of Iron Claw singing "WE WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS." That... would be comedic genius. 3D, THE ODDS ARE A MILLION TO OH MY GOD I WAS JUST SHOT THE MISSION HAS FAILED LYK NUUUUU!
YOU WOULDNT BE PLANNING SOMETHING WOULD YOU
Darth Vader Wannabee: It's time to... CHAT.
Mr. Pres.: *sweat* *squirm*
Iron for a Brain: YOU WOULDNT BE PLANNING SOMETHING WOULD YOU
Mr. Pres.: Uh... no... of course not... ooh, nice beret.
Doofus McDoofushead: DONT TRY CHANGING THE SUBJECT
Yeah, for its time and for a kid's cartoon the thing was pretty good. A lot better than Power Rangers was at the time... and it's still horribly sucky nao.
I WILL FIGHT YOU WIT MAH ALSOEM NINJAH SKILLORZ
- Cool. --Blitzwing 16:29, 31 July 2008 (EDT)