A few ground rules here:
- Be a decent human being (aka don't flame)
- Post things at the BOTTOM of the page
- Give a header (==Rainbows and Unicorns==).
- I reply on YOUR talk page.
- If you like Water Pokemon, you are my new best friend.
And that's about it. Go crazy. :P
That's pretty cool. I hope to see you around some more. :) — Stooben Rooben 02:13, 5 December 2009 (EST)
Hey, wanna friends? I have a userbox
||This user is friends with Wendy O Koopa.
P u f f e r e s Don't tell the government!
Are you new here? It's certainly nice to meet you! I'm Fawful117. But my real name is Michael. What's your name?
Fawful117 I HAVE CHORTLES!
P.S. How do I make a sig and userbox?
oh, i missed the fact that you messaged me. the little "you have new messages" box didnt come up. :(
ive been fine, mostly. how have you been? (if you see this, haha) - 2257(Talk) 18:37, 19 January 2011 (EST)
Hey Toadette 4evur. Wanna be mah friend?--UM3000
- Me Kaptain K. Rool. Pleased to meet you. IS your favorite character Ashley or Toadette? I can't tell. Kaptain K. Rool
Re: Yello thar, stranger
Hey, long time no see! I've been good: school wasn't actually crazy this year so I've been getting lots of editing done (and watching a lot of anime on the side). How about you? - Walkazo 20:03, 17 April 2011 (EDT)
- I'm glad this year's been good to ya: here's hoping it continues this trend! Last year was pretty good for me except for the last couple months, which were horrible; this year had a rocky start, but it got better, so I've got no complains. Who doesn't hate homework? :P I was actually supposed to be studying for a final exam all day, but it's soooo boring and the test is on Wednesday, so it's hard to really kick myself into gear. - Walkazo 20:19, 17 April 2011 (EDT)
- Ouch, depression certainly isn't fun. Making friends is definitely a great way to stave it off, though: it was crazy how much difference finally having a friend in class made for me during the second half of first year University. I'm glad you've found such a great new friend: it's awesome when you can become thick as thieves with someone just like that *snaps fingers* - Walkazo 14:29, 20 April 2011 (EDT)
Re: Hello stranger
Lol, so it has. I've been good. School was a lot more hectic this year (and I still have exams left); I took an introductory Japanese course, which was a lot of work, but also a lot of fun. Other than that, not much to report: just been busy with the wiki, work and the aforementioned education. What about you? - Walkazo 19:08, 12 April 2012 (EDT)
- Glad to hear things are taking a turn for the better for ya. I've seen a few friends led down some dark roads over the years, but like you, they've always come back around =) I'm a big believer that the true you can never be snuffed out or changed forever: it'll always shine through, even if it takes a little while. I'm sure it'll work out with your friend - I struggled with a couple of my closets pals at first, but it was definitely worth it =D - Walkazo 21:32, 12 April 2012 (EDT)
- Sounds a bit like one of my friends. She was raised by very straight-laced parents, so as soon as she got to University she started smoking and partying way too much (among other things), and there was nothing we could do either except wait D: But now that she's got it out of her system, she's become way more level-headed again. She still can't stand staying with her parents when school's out, but I think most young adults are like that anyway :P - Walkazo 21:42, 12 April 2012 (EDT)
- Yeah, it's tough going through the lows, but fortunately for everyone, they don't last forever. If I didn't have patience, I doubt I'd have any friends at all - and if my friends didn't have patience, I doubt they would have stuck with me either ^_^; Walkazo 21:51, 12 April 2012 (EDT)
- Neat - I was worried I wouldn't be seeing you for another year after I had to go offline last night (I love my (unpaid) work, but getting up at 4:30 AM requires early bedtimes - although I still stay up far too late on most days anyway :P ). Having to take breaks from hanging with your friends sucks; I've had to go months without seeing a couple of my good pals, but once we finally catch up, it's always business as usual ;) - Walkazo 20:56, 13 April 2012 (EDT)
- Huh, talk about mixed messages. Of course, when my one friend told me he didn't want to be friends anymore, he didn't follow through very well either. Personally, I couldn't just drop a friendship either: I grow too accustomed to the companionship (especially if it's a close or near-constant connection). - Walkazo 20:53, 14 April 2012 (EDT)
- Are you worried it's becoming a kind of dependence? That happened to me with that friend I mentioned: we used to be really close, and I definitely couldn't handle going cold turkey - fortunately he didn't stay away for long. We talk less now than we did before, but I know I miss hanging out more than he does, so I never bug him - but when he does contact me, I jump on it. Beggars can't be choosers, don't look a gift-horse in the mouth, and whatnot. But I'm weird when it comes to friendships, so perhaps I'm not the best person to be handing out insights and idioms... (Also, lol, it just occurred to me that you'd think one of my girl friends would provide the most dramatic relationship, but nope, it's one of the dudes.) - Walkazo 21:14, 14 April 2012 (EDT)
- That's good - glad one of us is capable of it ;P I'm sure it'll be okay too: true friendships are stronger than perplexing drama. - Walkazo 21:53, 14 April 2012 (EDT)
- It'll be worth the wait =) - Walkazo 20:30, 15 April 2012 (EDT)
Re: Hullo Thar!
おひさしぶりですね。 (It's been a long time!) Great to hear from ya! I'm good; 'been really busy with work, school and volunteering lately, but not overwhelmed or anything, and I'm taking some really interesting courses this year. How are you? Checking the timestamps of the section above this one, I guess we haven't spoken since... April 2012?! Man, it doesn't seem like it's been that long. Amazing how time flies... - Walkazo 13:26, 2 November 2013 (EDT)
- Cool - coincidentally, I'm actually in my last year of university. I'm glad you're enjoying yourself; my first year was hellish, but then again, I was in a competitive science program where the (unofficial) point of first year is to make half the students fail and drop out :X - Walkazo 14:34, 2 November 2013 (EDT)
- Yeah, by third year, school was awesome. That sucks: my friends had some annoying neighbours back when they were in res (I stayed living at home and avoided the whole issue). The quality of the prof can make a huge difference: I ended up having to use the textbook to teach myself first year calculus because my profs were so inept. All my profs right now are great, tho, and I'm glad the rest of your classes are going well too =) - Walkazo 18:03, 2 November 2013 (EDT)
- Nice. In second year, I changed my major and was able to drop Organic Chemistry as a result: what a relief that was! Lol, yeah, sometimes when I go through old Proposals and see my old posts, I just have to shake my head... - Walkazo 18:37, 3 November 2013 (EST)
re:Well Hi There!
Pretty good. Got myself a job, enterred university and discovered a passion for cheesy old 80's cartoon, heh heh eh. --Glowsquid (talk) 20:09, 2 November 2013 (EDT)
- If you're trying to find stuff to do, [this thing may be useful. I think. --Glowsquid (talk) 20:15, 2 November 2013 (EDT)
Well howdy, long time no see! :) How have you been? --Palkia47 (talk) 21:55, 2 November 2013 (EDT)
Why hello there Toadette 4evur, nice to meetcha! Sounds like a productive way to spend the night. I think my record for internet insomnia is 36 hours :P
- Four hours is better than none, trust me. You might feel like shit when you get up, but it's better than not giving your brain any chance to rest. The trend on my end is usually after an all-nighter, I feel great for the first few hours of the next day, but then urghhh. Right now for me it's 11:30 in the evening, so I should still get at least seven hours sleep if I hit the hay soon, but I'm not really sleepy so meh.
- Can I sing you a lullabye?
- Lol, funny story. Here's your lullabye to go with it.
- Sleep well, my SJ
Roommate, don't say a word
Good night, sleep skin tight and pretend you never heard
With a flame, catch alight
There's a nightlight tonight
Put the box of matches away
And save those questions for another day
Shokora (talk · edits) 07:23, 3 November 2013 (EST)
Hey, great to see ya! I forgot you changed your name too, lol - I was like, "who is this random pers- oh, it's Toadette 4Evur, schweet!" I've been good: still in university, but working on a Master's project now, which is a lot more enjoyable than undergrad. Still researching birds, and of course, I'm still active around here in my free time form all that. It'd be cool to see you around, be it editing here or chillin' on the forums or whatever. Sorry about your university stuff, I guess? But work and a relationship are good! - Walkazo 14:23, 26 May 2015 (EDT)
- Yeah, all last fall I was worried my boss was unhappy with me, but this year has been much better so far. Glad things turned out okay for you too. - Walkazo 17:06, 27 May 2015 (EDT)
- Yeah, I get foot-in-mouth syndrome often too, less so around here because I have time to proofread and temper my words. I work with birds: we catch 'em, measure them, put rings with unique numbers on their legs, and let them go. It's fun. What's your job? - Walkazo 18:18, 27 May 2015 (EDT)
- Ouch: that is a big drop down; hopefully you'll get your service desk hours soon. I also have a part-time job at a store, but it's small so it's usually just me by myself doing everything. - Walkazo 18:42, 27 May 2015 (EDT)
- Awesome. And yeah, pre-trained employees are always nice to have! - Walkazo 19:49, 27 May 2015 (EDT)
- That's rough, buddy. I go crazy when I have to work in retail a mere three days in a row. That's cool to feature her out of respect and inspiration, rather than looks-based crush reasons or whatever. - Walkazo 20:11, 27 May 2015 (EDT)
- Nice. Yeah, my work schedule interferes with talking to my pals, so looking forward to being a night owl again once the field season ends in a couple weeks (at which point, schoolwork starts in earnest). Cool; meself, I can't sing at all, lol. - Walkazo 21:35, 27 May 2015 (EDT)
- Ouch. I just narrowly dodged a 12-days-in-a-row stretch of fieldwork thanks to tomorrow being a rain day, but I still have my retail job in the afternoon, so it's not really a day off - just a day off from waking up at 4:00 AM, which is good enough! Sympathetic ears are always nice to have around. And no worries: swear away as much as you like, haha. - Walkazo 20:44, 30 May 2015 (EDT)
- Nice. And haha, yeah, there's only so much you can complain before your friends/lovers are like "please stop". But with only 3 work days a week, he doesn't know the moneyyyy either, right? There's at least one upside to working like dogs. - Walkazo 21:46, 30 May 2015 (EDT)
- Mutual complaining is an important part of any relationship, really. Good luck with the raise; mu mom got one a couple months back - after getting no raises for the past three years. - Walkazo 17:52, 2 June 2015 (EDT)
Hello, um is this the first time you chat to me? I remember your username but I don't remember talking to you. Either that or I'm forgetful like always. (T|C) 17:06, 27 May 2015 (EDT)
- Well not to be rude but I'm very fine. It's summer break and...I'm fine. (T|C) 17:40, 27 May 2015 (EDT)
- Here's it's always sunny. We need rain pret-ty badly. Now it's supposed to be the dry season. So... (T|C) 18:54, 27 May 2015 (EDT)
- Ha lol, the temperature has been the same as always, like it is in South California. Just sunshine. Nothing else. Maybe except cloudy days but precipitation is rare. And considering that summer is South California's dry month, the most I'll see of rain is just in the form of gigantic cumulonimbus clouds far away. It sounds crazy, it's STILL snowing there? (T|C) 19:57, 27 May 2015 (EDT)
- South California (near the coast) technically does have a consistent temperature year around. It never dips below 60 degrees and rarely above 90 (only during heat waves). The only problem is the water shortage, it's a huge issue here. And lol, that is a pretty funny coincidence. I wouldn't be surprised if one of you lives in a mountain shadow and the other lives in the other side, they tend to have opposite climates (rain shadows are dry, the other side is wet because the mountain eats up the rain cloud). (T|C) 20:04, 27 May 2015 (EDT)
- -70 F sounds ungodly cold. Like I know 0 degrees Celsius is very cold, but dipping below negative degrees in Farenheit? Ugh. Also, 107 F is stupidly hot too. Regions with temperature extremes like that baffle me. (T|C) 20:21, 27 May 2015 (EDT)