The 'Shroom:Issue 103/Fun Stuff
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood day everyone! Welcome to the super spooooooooooooooooooooooooky issue of October’s Fun Stuff! I hope you all are having an awesome October, I know I am… I mean, if you count turning 18 being awesome. I dunno, I feel pretty old. I am now joining the ranks of literally all my ‘Shroom staff colleagues now…
BUT OTHER THAN THAT!! I am here to present to you some insanely horrifying chat logs from our very own Fake News director, MrConcreteDonkey (talk), about his own section, that will surely allow Fun Stuff to surpass his… his… hunk…? …Junk of a section! Yeahh!!! Are you ready for this, MCD?! It is time for your downf--*shot*
*camera pans to MCD standing on a rooftop with a sniper rifle*
*Dippy is standing behind MCD slowly nodding her head in approval, pride, and proudness*
Section of the Month
|Fun Stuff SECTION OF THE MONTH|
|First||Guess That Game!||15||41.67%||Super Mario Bros.|
|Third||Trivia||8||22.22%||Marshal Dan Troop|
Boo! Welcome to this Halloween Quiz, now some of you may be tempted to look at last year's and cheat, well the joke's on you, because I'm using different questions this time...kind of like I do every month.
- Who is the leader of the Boos?
- Which member of the Kong family is now a ghost?
- Which spooky course reappeared as a retro track in Mario Kart DS?
- What game did Ghost Houses first appear in?
- Which boss in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island is defeated by being pushed off of a cliff?
- What is Luigi's NEW Mansion if the player only achieved a Rank H in the game?
- What star establishment is Hotel Delfino?
- What is the name of the vampire enemy in Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins?
- As a hidden Easter Egg in Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, what do the first letters of every mansion spell if put together?
I don't want to bore you lot too much, so I'll get straight to the point; here's a bunch of poorly thought-out Halloween-themed riddles, all pertaining to various kinds of horror games to celebrate the season! Can you get them all? If you can, I’ll give you a kangaroo steak with blueberries, which apparently makes Americans uncomfortable. Something about it being cannibalism or something… weirdo yanks. Anyway, enjoy!
- A mansion under the moon, my enemies I shall festoon
- I once again run amok, gave you brothers quite a shock
- You cannot fight me,
- Until twenty ghouls do plea
- An old nemesis’ head,
- Comes back from the dead
- In this wretched postamble, the dead, they don’t shamble
- We are but four immune, how I wish this was a cartoon
- Rush through the streets of our past,
- Each other, we must rely on to last
- There’s noise in the distance! It fills us with fear…
- Get your guns ready; the horde, it draws near…
- From lands far away, in blood I do pray
- Gun in my left hand, blade in my right, I hunt the plague that stalks in the night
- Over and over I perish,
- My blood I relinquish
- Yet by lamp I return,
- These beasts I shall burn
- I exist not in one, but here on from two
- You cannot see me, but I can see you
- The weapon I carry is larger than life
- Replaced by a spear, this one great knife
- Not only by shape, am I defined
- But too by the guilt within your mind
Ultra Mega Extreme:
|Easy||Left 4 Dead|
|Ultra Mega Extreme||Nemesis|
Anyway, while you’re here, welcome to Guess Who! It’s Halloween time, so let’s celebrate a scary month with a super-spooky series. I mean, how can’t the following image creep you out?
ARGH! I’ve been shaken to my core. I’ll now have nightmares for the rest of my life. You probably will, too.
Okay, in case you haven’t figured out yet, this month’s theme is “Scary Stuff.” All characters in today’s selection can be found in ghost houses, haunted levels, and other generally unsettling Mario places.
Simply pick a level, and get ready to start thinking! Of course, feel free to suggest themes for next month on my talk page.
Well, how did you score? Regardless, thank you for playing Guess Who!, and I hope you learned some new trivia. Happy Halloween, and try to avoid Weegee the Clown!
(Nothing to see here)
Guess That Game!
Think you can solve this month's Guess That Game! puzzle? This month, we have five challenges to solve: the first one is a spooky Mario series video game, the second is a scary non-Mario Nintendo franchise video game, the third is a horrifying non-Nintendo video game, and then we have two special Super Mario Wiki Anniversary-related challenges. Give it a go!
Challenge 1: Mario Game
- This 2001 adventure is a particular hero's second time in the spotlight.
- Unknowingly winning a haunted mansion in a contest, the protagonist is tasked with ghost-busting to save their brother!
- A long-awaited sequel to this game was delivered — 12 years later!
Challenge 2: Non-Mario, Nintendo Game
- This 2002 psychological horror game was initially in development for Nintendo 64, but was moved to Nintendo GameCube.
- The protagonist investigates the murder of their grandfather in his mansion, when a mysterious book causes an adventure to unfold.
- The game is unique for having twelve characters who are playable at different points, and for employing "sanity effects" as a main mechanic.
Challenge 3: Non-Nintendo Game
- This 2001 survival horror game, successor to its 1999 prequel, was released for PlayStation 2, Xbox, and Microsoft Windows.
- The hero must make it through a monster-ridden, rural town in order to find his deceased wife from whom he received a letter.
- This game is considered by many to be both one of the best horror video games and one of the best video games in general.
Challenge 4: Super Mario Wiki Anniversary Game 1
- An attempt at running this contest was made in 2008, but it was formally established in 2009.
- It has been hosted annually by the Awards Directing staff.
- This game is one of the oldest recurring Awards events.
Challenge 5: Super Mario Wiki Anniversary Game 2
- Different renditions of this game have been hosted annually since 2011.
- It has been hosted by: MrConcreteDonkey (talk), Ralphfan (talk), Smasher (talk), Stooben Rooben (talk), and Superchao (talk).
- The game has grown to be one of the largest Awards events and spans a few months.
Non-Mario, Nintendo Game
Super Mario Wiki Anniversary Game 1
Super Mario Wiki Anniversary Game 2
That's all for this month! Be sure to check your answers and check back next time!
Did you know:
- ...That Wario inherits his greedy nature from his mother?
- ...That originally New Super Mario Bros. Wii was supposed to have a chicken suit?
- ...That Toad houses were originally supposed to be in Super Mario World?
- ...That Ice Climbers is the only series to lose all its playable characters in Smash Bros.?
- ...That Kiddy Kong is the first playable Kong to not have the initials DK?
- ...That Wii Sports was originally going to have Mario characters in it?
- ...That Diddy Kong was originally supposed to be a redesigned Donkey Kong Jr.?
Guess who's back with another crossword? Wait, no, this isn't Guess Who?...
I am back, though, for this month at least! October's the month of Halloween and everybody seems to like scary stuff for Halloween, so I decided I would make a scary crossword to treat you all. Too bad that Mario games don't have too much scary in them. Still, I think this crossword will totally fit the Halloween theme. I amped up the difficulty on this one a bit in comparison to my last crossword, but thorough wiki scouring should get you the more obscure answers you're not able to think of off the top of your head.
Have fun, and no egging or TP-ing my section!
Howdy, everyone! Welcome to this month’s word search! I would like to sincerely apologize in advance – I know I had originally stated this month would be a Super Mario World-themed word search, but I tried to mix it in with the Halloween setting but I just… could not make it work. So instead, the SMW-themed word search will come November, and here I will present to you the SUPER SPOOKY LUIGI’S MANSION BOOLATASTIC OCTOBER WORD SEARCH WOOOWOAOOAOAOOAOAOOAAAAHAHAHHHH!!
Hi all! The Pyro Guy here, and welcome to Picross, the section where I see if you can solve my picture puzzles. For an explanation of the game, see here for more details on how to play. Good luck!
|Answers (click show, then click the pictures)|
|Front Page About Archives Comments Subscribe Spotlight Contact us Manual of Style Sign up |