Talk:Yoshi's Island DS
This is a featured article!
It represents the best of the best that the Super Mario Wiki has produced. If there are any edits that will improve the article's quality even further, make them.
|Edit the article · add to discussion (new section) · FA page|
- 1 Yoshi's Island 2 renamed?!?
- 2 Commercial
- 3 Baby Bowser kicked out in World 4?
- 4 My Boss Pages
- 5 I'm not sure if this fits here, but…
- 6 Screenshots?
- 7 All Yoshi Island Levels
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Technically Super Mario World 3?
- 10 Plot Confusion
- 11 Enemy Section
- 12 Final Boss Music
- 13 Enemy Names
- 14 Additional images
- 15 Should this information be added to the official Yoshi's Island DS mariowiki page?
- 16 Baby Wario?
- 17 File:Virtual console.jpg
- 18 A Tutorial Level
- 19 Wind flower's Japanese name
Yoshi's Island 2 renamed?!?
Hey, I heard on www.themushroomkingdom.net that Yoshi's Island 2 has been renamed Yoshi's Island DS! I'm currently trying to investigate these rumors, althogh I doubt them.
- Actually, they are true, as from Nintendo's official website. Wayoshi ( T·C·@ ) 15:37, 5 October 2006 (EDT)
I saw the Yoshi's Island DS commercial today. Is it released? If not then why would they put the commercial arleady? And the commercial showed Boos in the game, and 3D Baby Peach and 3D Baby DK! Paper Jorge ( Need to tell me something? Go to my talk page.·Contributions·) 15:19, 10 November 2006 (EST)
- Hmmm... Perhaps they're "Coming Soon" advertising it. But I don't know. Has it released? --King Piranha Plant 00:16, 11 November 2006 (EST)
Baby Bowser kicked out in World 4?
What's your source for this information, Parayoshi?
- In a recent issue of Nintendo Power it says Baby Bowser was thrown out of the castle around the middle of the game and is playable in one world. How I got World four was here. POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNING. Look for Yoshiman15's comment. Para Yoshi Wahoo! 14:02, 12 November 2006 (EST)
My Boss Pages
- In your contributions, I only see Burt Bros. as a boss. What do you mean? Wa TC@ 19:34, 21 November 2006 (EST)
I'm not sure if this fits here, but…
…does anybody know the official name for those Flower thingies that rock back and forth and then explodes, leaving the petals flying everywhere? I looked on the enemy page for everything under "Yoshi's Island" and I still can't find it! Para Yoshi Wahoo! 10:03, 25 November 2006 (EST)
Er, is the Screenshots section on this page really needed? It all appears to be childish sentences, and pictures that should not be on this article, but rather the actual subjects article. My Bloody Valentine
- What are you talking about? All game articles have a gallery - why do you think the images shouldn't be there? The only things I'd agree with you are the statements under those images. They're written in a way of what that writer thinks, like 'beautiful crystals'. Does anyone suggest rewriting those statements? M JC
All Yoshi Island Levels
Can someone edit all of the Yoshi Island DS levels on this page?(Super F22 Pilot 23:43, 20 November 2007 (EST))
- Why don't YOU do it. =3 My Bloody Valentine
I wish I have Yoshi's Island DS User:Yoshirulesbrides
In the movie before starting a new game, a Toady can also be seen holding a baby that looks very similar to Captain Olimar. This baby is also in other scenes.
In the movie before starting the game, a Toady can be seen holding a blonde-haired and pointy-eared baby. This could be Link from Legend of Zelda series.
- It's false. Hello, I'm Time Turner.
- It's not false..I have played Yoshi's Island DS before.(After reading that in the trivia) I looked at the babies in the opening movie and two of them did look like Olimar and Link.Y0SHI3gg 00:38, 22 August 2010 (UTC)
Technically Super Mario World 3?
Since Yoshi's Island DS is the sequel to Yoshi's Island and I know it's not in the title or offical sources, wouldn't that make YIDS technically Super Mario World 3?
The preceding unsigned comment was added by Iggy07 (talk).
- If Nintendo does not refer this game as a follow-up of the Super Mario World games , or it never used an alternate name for this, then it should never be called Super Mario World 3 cuz is not official at all.
Does Bowser travel back in time to kidnap the babies, or does Kamek transport the babies to the future? I think it makes more sense if Bowser went back in time, but another article says that Bowser brought the babies to the future. The article could be wrong, as this is a wiki, but I don't know if it needs to be changed. This detail should be added as part of the story for the game.
- Bowser travels back in time. The Baby Bowser article should be corrected if there is a mistake. Culex 14:37, 5 April 2010 (EDT)
I think this needs an enemy section, but I'm not sure I can't remember all the enemies in the game...
Final Boss Music
Shouldn't it be added that the final boss music was changedfrom the original Japanese version in the other releases? Proof: The international version has its french horns an octave lower, and simply loops the intro of the song. Thisguy 13:31, 4 April 2012 (EDT)
Done. Thisguy 14:12, 4 April 2012 (EDT)
Question: Where did the names for the enemies in the enemy section come from? Vent 13:48, 30 May 2012 (EDT)
- They're probably verified earlier, but I'm not quite sure what the source is. KaBoom! 19:27, 22 March 2013 (EDT)
Although I think this article is great, I think it could do with some more images, such as in the Moves section there could be some images of Yoshi doing those moves and I also think that the Forms and Vehicles sections should have images as Yoshi in that form, or in that vehicle. I'm not entirely sure how to upload images. Yoshi876 (talk)
- You can upload images via here. To get the images, we can probably find some sprites to illustrate these moves from here: . KaBoom! 19:25, 22 March 2013 (EDT)
- Unfortunately the only one there I was looking for was the Kangaroo, and that was an unanimated gif format one Yoshi876 (talk) 07:58 23 March 2013
Should this information be added to the official Yoshi's Island DS mariowiki page?
My first post on mariowiki but I just found something interesting or not, depending on how you read it but anyways if you go to this link: http://www.ign.com/articles/2006/11/14/yoshis-island-ds-review
Once the page loads up, scroll down to nearly the bottom and read the last small written paragraph before going to the next page via page 2. I went ahead and copied/pasted the written statement that I found interesting. I am hoping some mariowiki experts here can see if this is true or false but I will let you be the judge of that folks!
"Baby Wario feels like he's a last minute addition that wasn't tested properly. His ability is in his magnet he carries around, attracting metallic objects like coins and metal platforms and ledges. Problem is, his magnet is incredibly wonky, sometimes missing items that are right next to him. Sure, you have to let Wario face the object you want to attract, but it doesn't work some of the time, and clunks up what should be seamless gameplay."
Is this true? If so, does this warrant more investigation or is this something that should not bother being added in the Yoshi's Island DS mariowiki page?
Anyways, that is about it and I figured I would sign up on mariowiki to make this post since this seems to be the right place to bring up this type of question because I noticed that there is a "babies" section if you go here: http://www.mariowiki.com/Yoshi%27s_Island_DS#Babies
and I just had no clue if the babies section/content is the right place to edit more info about the Baby Wario info I mentioned above in this post. I am sure the expert mariowiki members will know the best place to edit/add something about the Baby Wario stuff that I mentioned but then again this whole post could just be a waste of time.
- It looks like someone's opinion rather than fact. I'll look into it, but don't expect anything. Yoshi876 (talk)
It says that, while he appears on Light Blue Yoshi in artwork, he can never ride this color Yoshi except in the final battle. But, in the final battle, if you have Baby Wario when you enter, he will be on Purple Yoshi, not Light Blue, and as far as I know there's no way to change this. Which means he never rides Light Blue Yoshi. ...Right? Peanutjon (talk) 11:54, 26 June 2014 (EDT)
This game has File:Virtual console.jpg on the Wii U.
Can i add this info to the article?
A Tutorial Level
... named Welcome Back to Yoshi's Island! is in this game. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udPzT1wlUj8 04:35) The purpose of this level seems same as Welcome To Yoshi's Island. But 'tis ommited in this article. -odo2718 (對話) 02:20, 6 August 2015 (EDT)
Wind flower's Japanese name
The wind flower that appears in a few levels is given a specific name here. Seemingly くるくるフラワー, Google Translate seems to romanize it below the Japanese writting. It is said to be romanized as Kurukuru furawā, which would give Kuru Kuru Flower, Google Translate isn't a good source for the translations. Does someone who understand Japanese would tell me what does くるくる (Kurukuru) means? --FanOfYoshi 12:23, 23 September 2018 (EDT)