Talk:New Super Mario Bros.
|New Super Mario Bros. has won a Mario Award in the third Awards Ceremony!!
Currently we show all four box arts of the game in the infobox. I actually only intended two being there, showing the two different motifs of the box. I would suggest putting only one of the American/Australian box arts and one of the European/Japanese box arts in the infobox and the other two in the gallery.
What's our policy on box arts anyway? Are different versions of box arts being uploaded allowed when all what has changed is the age rating? I know different box arts are important and quite different from each other for Wario Land: Shake It!, but I can't make out much differences between the American and the Australian box of NSMB. Is it allowed to have both? Should box arts of all regions be uploaded to the wiki? - Cobold (talk · contribs) 16:30, 11 December 2008 (EST)
I would suggest that we either get images that are all approximately the same size, or we don't put images in the enemies table. It looks really awkward to have the official artwork for some of the enemies, and screenshots for others. - Cobold (talk · contribs) 08:03, 2 June 2009 (EDT)
Bosses and Enemies
How many versions of NEW Super Mario Brothers is there for the DS??
I have watched several online videos even some showing the person's DS where it is not the same version that I have noticeably from W3-GH's background and the whole level its self.
The preceding unsigned comment was added by Weasel (talk).
Should we add icons like this one to articles?
You're right, SuperFireBowserJr.; if you hit a red ! Switch in the game, you'll see those red blocks, which create a path for Mario to follow. --Mario X-Fan 45
What gives you proof it's a 2007 & 2009 game?
- It was released in South Korea in 2007 and in China in 2009, therefore it is also a 2007 and 2009 game. ! 08:40, 27 June 2011 (EDT)
If it's not trivia, what is it?
Hi, I'm a very new member Whenever I post the line "The code to unlock Luigi (L+R while loading a file) can be seen at the end of the credits as a background on the bottom screen after Bowser Junior drags his father away." inside the trivia section of New Super Mario Bros DS ( which is actually true), it is deleted. If its not trivia, what is it? BB01Pegasis105F (talk)
- Ah, so you're a new user? Then let me help you. The information is probably in the article somewhere. If it's not, add it somewhere besides the trivia, as that section is meant for stuff that can't fit anywhere else on the page. If it is still getting deleted, tell a patroller, because all information should be added and continuingly deleting somebody's edits for no reason is not allowed. That will stop it from happening again.M&L Beware my fury! 21:20, 30 January 2012 (EST)
A screenshot of 1-A has got a different end-castle, why, is this a beta image?SuperMarioThree,talk with me! 09:18, 21 November 2012 (EST)
- Which screenshot do you mean? World10 (talk) 10:25, 21 November 2012 (EST)
- Could be beta, could be a regional difference. The lower screen background doesn't exist in the American version, but the text isn't English either.--Guest
super Mario 3d world mega mushroom
This is getting ridiculous. It has been almost 8 years since the release of this game, and our system for its levels is STILL a disorganized mess. The first few worlds give very level their own articles. The last few don't. The template for levels is absolutely covered in red links. Time to settle this: Does each level in this game get its own article or not?--Vommack (talk) 13:01, 20 April 2014 (EDT)
- They do. The reason they don't all have a page is simply a lack of interest. --Glowsquid (talk) 22:20, 20 April 2014 (EDT)
- When I did the 3D Land Special levels I had both templates, the other levels in the fame do as well. I believe the New Super Mario Bros. U levels have both, so I say put both of them on the level. Yoshi876 (talk)
Add "Rocket Engine" to enemies section
If even Ball 'n' Chain is there, I think Rocket Engine should also be added, as well as the huge spiked pillars that move back and forth (not sure about their name). Xeoxer (talk) 04:25, 1 February 2015 (EST)
The game hé is released in DS and Wii ! --Captain Yoshi 10:37, 17 August 2015 (EDT)
i played this game and noticed bowser's emblem that covers the screen from super mario 64 returns in this game, when losing one of the lives, similar to too bad! screen. --220.127.116.11 11:11, 25 December 2015 (EST)
Has anybody saved that old official flash game "New Super Mario Bros. - 1-Up Hunt"?
Should we add a media page?
There is many media on this page already. Wynn_Liaw 15:30, 30 October 2019
- If there's enough media files for a page, you can create one; no need to ask. Mario JC 05:34, October 30, 2019 (EDT)
There are two musical nods in this game that aren't mentioned in the page. 1. The World 1 map theme is based on SMW's Donut Plains map theme. 2. The World 8 map theme is based on the harmony of Bowser's theme from SMB3. 18.104.22.168 23:31, January 19, 2023 (EST)
- They only sound slightly similar; I wouldn't say they were intentional nods. Mario JC 09:01, January 20, 2023 (EST)
Differences from other New Super Mario Bros. games
Can you please make a section that talks about differences between this game and the other New Super Mario Bros. games? Because there are lots of differences between this game and the others. For instance, no second phase of the final battle, music is different, checkpoints pop up automatically, no koopalings, etc. Can you please make a section about that? Please.
The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk).
- These sort of sections are usually done for later installments in a series, and since this is the first one I don't think we should hear. I wouldn't be entirely opposed to a similar section in the New Super Mario Bros. Wii article as that is the later one and set these things as a standard for the later NSMB games. Swallow 11:25, May 16, 2023 (EDT)