Split Wario Land: Shake It! Coin Bag and/or merge Mario Party Coin Bag
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
split Wario Land: Shake It!'s Coin Bag only 7-3-3
A little over a month ago, a proposal resulted in the Coin Bags from the Mario Party series being given their own article instead of being merged here. However, the Wario Land: Shake It! Coin Bags are still merged here with the SML2 ones. This will not do; these bags are quite different. The Super Mario Land 2 ones are called "Moneybags" and are basically just 50-coin pieces. The WLSI ones are called "Coin Bags", are designed quite differently, and while they retain the same general purpose of acquiring coins, it's done by picking the bag up and shaking it, which causes coins to fly out of the bag. In other words, it makes no sense for the Mario Party bags to have their own article but not the Shake It! bags. There are a few ways we can deal with this.
Option 1: Split the Wario Land: Shake It! Coin Bag into its own article. If this option is picked, all three kinds of moneybags (SML2, MP, WLSI) will be separate. In this case, the SML2 bags will be moved to
since there is no source for the two word variant. The enemy will be moved to , and Moneybag will become a disambiguation page.
Option 2: Merge the Mario Party Coin Bag. That other proposal was close, so I can imagine some people still wanting to do this. If this option is picked, all three will be merged together. This option is for those who feel that a bag of coins is a bag of coins. If this happens, the title of the article will be "Coin Bag" per our naming hierarchy, since that is the most recent and only in-game name.
Option 3: Merge the Super Mario Land 2 Moneybag and the Mario Party Coin Bag, but give the Shake It! Coin Bag its own article. The MP Coin Bags are rather similar to the SML2 ones, just with a different design and being worth 5 coins instead of 50. I've already explained what makes the Shake It! Coin Bags distinct, so if you feel that those are split-worthy but not the MP bags, vote for this option.
Option 4: Do nothing, if for whatever reason the current inconsistent setup seems favorable.
1: Split Wario Land: Shake It! Coin Bag
- 7feetunder (talk) My preferred option.
- Mario Kart DS Fan (talk) per 7feet.
- LinkTheLefty (talk) All these bags differ in interaction and amount given, and aren't as identifiable and all-encompassing as your basic yellow coin.
- Alex95 (talk) - All three appear to do something different.
- Owencrazyboy9 (talk) I agree with Alex95 on this one. Wario Land lets you shake it, Mario Party lets you collect them for more coins in most games/minigames and the Super Princess Peach one gets more coins in levels.
- TheFlameChomp (talk) Per all.
- Time Turner (talk) Per all.
2: Merge Mario Party Coin Bag
- 7feetunder (talk) This is my second pick. At the very least this fixes the inconsistency issue.
- Doc von Schmeltwick (talk) Given how all-encompassing the coin article is, I think personally this is the way to go, for consistency's sake.
- Yoshi the SSM (talk) This is my preferred option. They are too similar to each other. Per all.
3: Merge SML2 and MP bags, but split Shake It! bag
- Mario jc (talk) Option 2 was my original preference, but I also think the WLSI money bag is different enough to have its own article. (It's also more of an interactable object, whereas the SML2 and MP ones are collectibles.)
- TheFlameChomp (talk) Per Mario jc.
- Toadette the Achiever (talk) Per Mario jc.