Talk:List of Super Mario Sunshine glitches
New to this site but I didn't see a glitch I found by accident due to boredom. It involves the Cheep-Cheep in Ricco Harbor on Episode 8. You have to go down on the water near the Cheep-Cheep near the wall that keeps jumping off the water. Now to do it you have to be in a right position. After you're in the water you just press Y to aim and shoot right at the place the Cheep-Cheep (On the left) comes out. If you did it right he'll spin like crazy in the air. Touching him will damage him and using F.L.U.D.D on him will only make him spaz about as if he was flying from the water you hit him with but he'll stay there. If you jump on the Cheep-Cheep, it'll cancel the glitch.
I found a glitch about five minutes ago. I don't have a video but I doubt I can reproduce it. I also didn't see it on the page. 'In Episode 5 of Pianta Village, if Mario falls into the water at the same time the Chain Chomp is making it's way there before the Shine Sprite appearing and stays there, he will end up inside the Chain Chomp and fall through the village to his death after moving.' Permission to add? --TimTamChimchar 01:04, 29 January 2011 (EST)
- I suppose it is a glitch, and if it really happened then I'd say it should be added. Marioguy1 (talk)
- Thanks! You can try it yourself if your not sure but I can't promise you'll get the same results. Could someone add it for me please because I have no clue how to do that non-official name thing and it could be written better.
I also found another glitch today (twas a very glitchy day) but it's just another BSOD place so I didn't think we needed it. We've got tonnes of info in that.--TimTamChimchar 06:18, 29 January 2011 (EST)
- 1 Videos
- 2 Book
- 3 Impossible Book?
- 4 Life Meter Glitch
- 5 some glitches
- 6 Some New Glitches
- 7 Under Noki Bay
- 8 The secret book finders look.
- 9 I added this glitch
- 10 Goomba in Pinna Island
- 11 Early Petey Piranha
- 12 Mistakes
- 13 Infinite slide?
- 14 New (old) glitches
- 15 This article needs to be improved
- 16 A New Glitch?
- 17 Out of bounds + Instant death?
Hi. Here is a video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRfwy4mURN8 It does not explain, but can be copied. Skip to 1:52 for the successful attempt. -GhasT_Tears
- It's a glitch. Mario4Ever
It's written in the glitch section that the Mysterious Book is impossible to reach. But it has been discovered that the book is, infact, reachable. Shouldn't we add that in the glitch section? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOZtaMhIILE LuigiFan (talk)
It is reachable but you can not pick it up. Well I think so. I saw a You tube video where they did. I thin kthat was just fanmade. but You can still very well get pass the door. Goombob
Life Meter Glitch
I am playing super mario sunshine and I am in Noki Bay. When I went out of the cavern where there is jars and a shine sprite I fell into the water and went underwater. My life meter was different from the underwater life meter. The swirly thing was green and the lines around it were yellow. I was going to take a picture but I died when I got my I touch. I have no idea how I did this. Should we add this?
What swirly thing? The swirl in the center of the sun that represents your life meter? If so, it may be a graphical glitch exposed by an incorrectly loaded transition process. Explain more, if you can, maybe if no one else knows what this is, I may be able to infer. -GhasT_Tears
so my brother is playing Sunshine right now, and Delfino Plaza is flooded. I notice two things: Purple Toad is wearing a blue vest, like Blue Toad. Also, the bell tower with the manhole (the same one with Yoshi)? The manhole cover is missing when the town is flooded! The actual hole is there, but not the cover, so it's basically a dark pit with a yellow ring around the edge. So my question is: can these be considered "glitches", or are they just errors that the developers happened to overlook? J-Yoshi64
Errors that the developers happened to overlook are glitches. You can add two paragraphs to the glitches article with those glitches if you like. (Keep in mind they're listed in alphebetical order.)
The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk).
Some New Glitches
I just found that Invisible Fruit glitch a few days ago. There's also a Glitch where you can get into the Beach Cannon Secret without fighting the Monty Mole can I add it?
The preceding unsigned comment was added by Kayak254 (talk).
There is a toad Nintendo got lazy with, and instead of deleting it, they put it under Delfino Plaza. He is running in circles and he says: Mario! Mario! the princess has been kidnapped! And there is a glitch to ascess it therefore this is a glitch. mario--Marioluigiwario 17:34, 17 July 2012 (EDT)
Of course you can add it. Why wouldn't you be able to? You can also add the toad glitch. (Keep in mind the articles are listed in alphabetical order) By the way, "ascess" is actually spelled "access".
The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk).
Under Noki Bay
There's a well-known glitch in Noki Bay with many variations on how to do it, but it ultimately allows the player to walk underneath the water and end up running at super speed but it's not listed here. Here's one of many videos showcasing it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcYXVElCalo WeegeeWatching (talk) 12:57, 5 April 2013 (EDT)
The secret book finders look.
Here is what the wiki says. "If Mario dives to the bottom of the bottle and explores the sand castle, he may find a mysterious half-opened door on the side of the sand castle that he cannot enter. However, rotating the camera reveals a mysterious book. This book was originally intended to be the sole purpose of a scrapped level. In this unused level, Mario was supposed to retrieve the book for the Noki Elder. It was ultimately removed and replaced with the Red Coin challenge. The door was put there so Mario couldn't retrieve this "beta book". However if the player hacks the game correctly the player can swim over the "beta book" which thus does nothing but sit there."
I added this glitch
This glitch was needed so I added it.
"Yoshi spitting Piantas glitch
When as Yoshi if you talk to a Pianta when you press the R button Yoshi will spit juice. The piantas will act normally if they got sprayed by juice but they will continue talking"
The preceding unsigned comment was added by Goombob (talk).
Goomba in Pinna Island
I have been watching many YouTube videos that feature that there is a possible beta Goomba under Pinna Park. You have to do a moon jump-thingy, around the ferris wheel, land in the large green hill next to it and you go THROUGH the hill. You then are in a blue-world place under Pinna Park (you can still see some of the parts above in the park). Go over near the Clam Cups thing around the gate into the park, and look UNDER the blue wall thing on the ground. There is a paper-like goomba there. If you jump on it, it electrocutes you I guess. I think it is real and a possible beta element, and since it shocks you it was probably meant as a replacement for those shocky-koopas. I am just saying, it is on many videos and looks real. - Kuzey457 (talk) 00:38, 8 July 2013 (EDT) Has anyone confirmed this? Can you send a Youtube link? http://www.mariowiki.com/images/2/2a/100px-mushroom.gif Goombob (talk) 15:38, 11 July 2013 (EDT)
I have a few:
Early Petey Piranha
Please correct several mistakes like wrong spelling, false information, and in the "Land Under Pianta Village" glitch you can also choose "EXIT AREA" to exit the level. Thus, it was a black/blue surface where you fall as you perform the glitch. Also put Cheep-Cheeps instead of Bubbas because they are not Bubbas. They mistake an excess of content, specially blocked users.
The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk).
If you squirt water in front of you and then press A then B, you will keep sliding sometimes. I have a video of it here. I also show an alternative way to use the Backwards FLUDD. Should I add a section to the main? --Kinkzoz (talk) 21:06, 21 November 2014 (EST)
- Do you have to hold B or...? The amount of sliding looks excessive for normal gameplay, but again, it's been a while since I last played this game. KaBoom! 21:52, 21 November 2014 (EST)
No, you don't hold B. The sliding actually controls quite well, and allowed me to get a time of around 21 sec. on the Pianta Village El Piantissimo race. --Kinkzoz (talk) 08:53, 22 November 2014 (EST)
- I'm pretty sure it's an unintentional game mechanic, as there are no tips that you can use this exploit to kick El Piantissimo's ass. Just as long as you source the video, you can add this and the other exploit into the page. :) KaBoom! 15:43, 22 November 2014 (EST)
New (old) glitches
Hi, I suppose new members cannot edit articles, so I'm suggesting these glitches here.
- Turbo Track without Turbo Nozzle: Mario must use the Rocket Nozzle to break through the doors of the police station at Delfino Plaza, stopping just at the right moment to avoid entering the Turbo Track secret stage. Once the way is open, Mario can go back to the Pianta square to get the Hover Nozzle or Rocket Nozzle, and access Turbo Track with either of them equipped. The level still can be completed using the Squirt/Hover or Rocket nozzles, aided by good timing and/or smart use of the Spin Jump.
- Hidden Palm Tree: In Bianco Hills (Episodes 6 to 8), Mario must go to the grass zone behind the waterwheel, and approach the rock wall that runs between the waterwheel and the lake (as close as possible without slipping), then switch to first-person view looking towards the lake (so that the rock wall is to the left). With a bit of camera work with the C-stick and L-trigger, a hidden palm tree can be seen inside the wall.
- Backwards "Shine!" Cutscene: After beating Wiggler in Episode 3 of Gelato Beach, the Shine Sprite will appear next to a Dune Bud. Mario must stand on the border of the shadow of the Shine Sprite, in direction to the Dune Bud, then switch to first-person view and water the Dune Bud until it produces a dune. It will fling Mario up to the Shine Sprite, and the "Shine!" cutscene will show Mario backwards.
- Wrong Texture: On the back of the tower of the Delfino Police station, there's orange goop and a Blue Coin in a recess. When Mario cleans up the Graffiti and obtains the Blue Coin, the texture of the Delfino Plaza houses can be seen on the inside of the recess.
This article needs to be improved
A quick comparison between this article and the List of Super Mario 64 glitches reveals several differences:
- A few years ago, this article was longer than the other one. Now the other one is nearly twice as long. Not that it's a contest or anything, but it seems unusual. Though, this article, it is still longer than all the other lists of glitches.
- The other article has more citations listed. (101 citations). This one has only 8. 8!
- The other article is better organized. Everything is split into six sections. Here, nothing is split into sections (Cutscenes being the exception). It's a mess. Alphabetical order used alone in organizing works best when things have official names. Since unofficial names vary, it makes it hard to find a particular glitch.
- In defense of this article, Super Mario 64 was Nintendo's first 3D platformer (to my understanding), making it a much buggier game. Super Mario Sunshine was made a little bit later and was naturally more polished than Super Mario 64, so I think that it makes sense that this game would have less glitches.
- As for your other points though, yes, this article is in some desperate need of some more help. More citations, images, organization and better wording perhaps. I see that you've already managed to organize it, but obviously we still need all the other stuff. I can try to get some citations if I can, but I won't be able to get any high or even anything moderately decent quality images, so someone else should probably take care of that. I also have some more glitches to add that I'm pretty sure aren't already on the list. I can try to get those in by the time the weekend swings by. Mr. L 9000 (talk) 16:17, 31 August 2016 (EDT)
A New Glitch?
I happened to come across this a little while ago when I was playing Mario Sunshine. I was in Delfino Airstrip for the second time, try to collect eight red coins, when I somehow came across this. Super Mario Sunshine: New Glitches and Tricks Compliation (skip to 6:31 for the glitch).
I have no idea how it happened. Can anyone help me figure it out?
Out of bounds + Instant death?
There's a spot in the Tunnels underneath Delfino Plaza, where a wall has faulty collision. It is incredibly easy to strafe right through it, however it can be jumped into as well (however requires A lot of precision). It causes the Camera to Wonk out for half a second when in the right spot. Crappy Guide Here is a picture to show the location. I was hoping Someone could confirm that this Out of bounds works on Gamecube hardware (I am running it on a Wii in Wii mode via a backup launcher). As a side note, when mario enters out of bounds here, he dies almost immediately. I'm not sure if this is due to me being an incompetent jumper or not however. --Jasonmbrown (talk) 14:25, 18 April 2017 (EDT)