Merge Gold Credit, Gold Card, and Golden Card
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
do not merge 1-6
Identical Japanese name, serves the same purpose, basically the same item. Even though they're used in different areas, it wouldn't be that different than the Palace Key, Castle Key, Red Key, Blue Key, Cookbook, Autograph, and Package.
- Time Turner (talk) Different key items with different purposes. Yes, the names and appearances are similar, but that does not make the entities themselves similar. For the record, I disagree with the notion that things that share a name should also share an article.
- Ghost Jam (talk) Per Time Turner.
- LudwigVon (talk) The cards may have the same Japanese name, but each of these cards have a different purposes in each game and not the same as mentioned above. Furthermore merge this together could end up making confusion by telling each explanatory phrase that in this game, they had a different name and a different purpose. The keys to open the doors that Niiue mentioned above have the same goal that is to open an object (a door, a cage), it comes all the same results, but not the cards in which it is use diffently.
- Walkazo (talk) - Per Time Turner.
- Baby Luigi (talk) Per all. I don't have anything different to say.
- Tails777 (talk) Per Time Turner
Gold Credit allows Mario to play Smash Attack in the Playroom. It also has a previous incremental item called Silver Credit which allows Mario to play in Jump Attack. Gold Card allows Mario to play a minigame at the Pianta Parlor, and it has other cards in ascending order: Special Card, Silver Card, and Platinum Card which also allow Mario to play some minigames. Finally, Golden Card lets Mario play Hammer Whacker, although it has no other incremental cards as far as I can tell. I understand where you're coming from, that the cards allow access to particular minigames, but I also see where the opposition is coming from, since the functional differences are technically different. Also, if you're going to merge all the goldenish cards, you have to merge the silver ones too. KaBoom! 15:13, 10 November 2015 (EST)
- I won't say that the three items have absolutely nothing in common, but they're different enough that merging them together is just going to create a weird collage, since you'd basically have to redescribe it for every individual item. As is, it's harmless. Hello, I'm Time Turner.
- I actually planned to make another proposal for the silver ones if this one passed, but I didn't want to end up proposal-spamming. Niiue (talk) 21:50, 12 November 2015 (EST)