The 'Shroom:Issue 122/Fun Stuff
Summer is almost here, and most of us are hanging in for the last month of school. However, nearly all my writers managed to get their sections in on time. I'm mighty impressed. Please enjoy our writers' articles that they surely had to squeeze time out of their day to write.
What about me? Like everyone else, I've really busy, so Guess Who is absent this month (for the first time since December 2014!). Oh well. Rosalina1999 (talk) has also become really busy and will no longer be writing Crossword for us. Besides that, we have a pretty standard issue (although this month's maze is one of my favorites). I hope you enjoy!
Section of the Month
And thus, history was made. For the first time since January 2016, I did not win first Section of the Month. Not one, but two revolutionaries have seemingly penetrated my dictatorship. They will be dealt with accordingly.
All jokes aside, please congratulate Mr Squid (talk) on winning SOTM with Guess That Game! (I'm noticing a pattern in the type of section people tend to enjoy...) People seem to enjoy his, err... absurdness. LudwigVon (talk)'s section Mystery Images was also quite popular this month. Congratulations to everyone who wrote!
|FUN STUFF SECTION OF THE MONTH
|Guess That Game!
Hi! Welcome to Word Search. Lately, I have had to go through rainy days, and all that waters has inspired me to make this Word Search edition. Fun Stuff readers, try to find the aquatic creatures hidden below! Good luck and have fun!
What day is it? WENSDAY! Oh god I’m late gotta think of something quick uh uh uh uh uh did you know?
- That the game Croc for the PS1 origianlly started as a Yoshi game on the N64?
- That Sunsoft still exists?
- That Diddy Kong was originally going to be a redesigned Donkey Kong Jr.?
- That Timber was supposed to star is in own game called Timber 64?
- That Belcha and Squirt don’t appear in Donkey Kong Land?
- That despite appearing on the cover, Glimmer the Anglerfish does not appear in Donkey Kong Land 2?
- That Donkey Kong Jr. is the only game where Mario is the bad guy?
Hello everyone, and welcome to this month's maze! Our first request is from Anton (talk)! He has requested a specific form of Bowser wearing glasses as you can see below. Have a maze you'd like me to do? Next month is 123 so the maze is reserved that month, but I'm still open to hear what you would like for a request! Send me a message on my talk page or message me on the forums and you could be mentioned in Issue 124's edition!
How to play:
- Copy the image into an art program (such as Paint, Photoshop, paint.net, etc.)
- Click the line tool and adjust the size as needed
- Use the line tool to get from arrow to arrow
- Zoom in and out as needed
In an attempt to play every Mario and Luigi game, I looked at some pictures of a Game Boy Advance. I then downloaded an emulator to play the last game on my list, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. That's the inspiration for this month's puzzles: me not buying a GBA.
How to play:
- Any program with a fill tool works for this (even Paint); just copy and paste the pictures onto the program and follow these steps.
- Each number on a row or column (called hints) represents a line of filled in squares on that row or column; for example, a row starting with "6" would have a row of six black squares with no white between them.
- There must be at least one blank square between each line of filled in squares.
- Each square is filled with either black or white; you can fill confirmed white squares with gray to help you keep track.
- It's easier to start with the larger numbers.
- Every now and then, I might throw in a revealing hint to assist your progress, like the Pokémon in Pokémon Picross. These hints are shapes or lines that fill in squares on the grid. I didn't create any extra hints this time; good luck!
|Game Boy Advance
Find the Differences
Greetings, 'Shroom readers. This is Lord Bowser here with a new edition of Find the Differences!
Today's selected artwork comes from Mario Party Advance. It's widely considered a mediocre game, but I must admit, its official artwork is lovely. Anywho, here's the original picture...
...and here is the edited version.
Good luck finding all 12 differences! Look below for answers, but no cheating! Thanks for playing, and be sure to come back here for another round next issue!
Hi readers! Welcome to Mystery Images. As always, the goal is to identify a character, place, and game by using the following images. Have fun!
Game 1 - The character
Game 2 - The location
Game 3 - The game
|Game 1: Princess Shroob! Baby Park! Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest!
Thanks for playing! Come again next month for more puzzles.
Guess That Game!
Welcome back to Guess That Game! Next issue will be the last time I will write this section, so I will try to make it as good as possible.
The game pictured on the right, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, just came out. It is one of the few Mario games that I really want to get! But that means that I will have to get a whole new console, which costs quite a lot of money. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe won't be a game to guess today, though, as it was featured in one round of the last issue.
Round 1 Difficulty level: As easy as looking at a wall
- This is a sports game for the Nintendo 3DS.
- This game was made in 2017.
- This is a sports game.
- This game has special amiibo cards used for this game.
Round 2 As easy as licking a wall
- This is a game in the Yoshi series.
- This game is for the 3DS.
- This game is amiibo compatible.
- This game was released after 2015.
Round 3 As easy as eating a wall
- This game is old. It was made before 1995.
- This game does not have super in its name.
- This game has a guy called Jumpman in it.
- This game is the first in its series.
Round 4 As easy as digesting the wall you just ate in Round 3
- This game will boost your fun on the Wii U!
- This game will make you glow with happiness!
- This game will make you bubble up with excitement!
- Sadly, this game might make you blow up or pop.
Some ugly peacocks eat rabbits. Many angry rabbits itch otters. Big rabbits open sewers.
Guess what that game is.
- This is a game in the Animal Crossing series (note that I don't like Animal Crossing games; it seems more for "little kids" to me)
- This game is somewhat like Mario Party games.
- This game is for the Wii U.
Thanks for reading! Don't cheat. Instead, eat meat, greet a seat, or put heat on your feet (by sticking it in an oven!)
Howdy 'Shroom readers, and welcome to the Quiz! As you may have figured out from the name, this is a section where I quiz your Mario knowledge. Despite Mario Kart 8 Deluxe being released last month, I completely blind-sided it, which is odd because I do like Mario Kart themed sections. So here's a Mario Kart quiz – give it a go, you may learn something. And if you don't, well, stop playing the Mario Kart series for a few years, and come back in a few years when I do another Mario Kart quiz. Maybe you will learn something then.
- Which track is usually the final one?
- What are the names of the four DLC cups?
- On what console was Mario Kart: Super Circuit released on?
- Who was King Boo partnered with in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!?
- How many Wii retro tracks were in Mario Kart 8?
- What are the names of Yoshi's Karts in Mario Kart DS?
- Which character was planned to be playable in Mario Kart 64, but was dropped in favor of Donkey Kong?
- What is the name of the Kart to the right?
- What order do racers finish behind you in Super Mario Kart if you are playing as Koopa Troopa?
|The 'Shroom: Issue 122
|Staff Notes • The 'Shroom Spotlight
|Fake News • Fun Stuff • Palette Swap • Pipe Plaza • Critic Corner • Strategy Wing