Hello and welcome to the Super Mario Wiki, a collaborative knowledge-base dedicated to the Mario franchise. We're glad to have you as a member. If you have any questions, just post them on the FAQ talk page or ask an experienced member, patroller, or administrator.
The following articles contain guidance and information about reading, authoring, and participating in the Super Mario Wiki community. If this is your first time visiting, please read our introduction.
How do I do that?
You are welcome to browse through the following categories:
Things you can do
Feel free to delete this message when you're done reading it. We hope this information is helpful, and that you'll have a great experience contributing to our knowledge-base and our community. Remember to enjoy your experience here and to also have fun!
- Yes, I must agree, your contributions have been rather helpful. Keep up the good work!--Yoshario (talk)
- Hello, Shiancoe. I have noticed you have redirected Game Developer's Choice Awards. It does have to do with mario, because Gunpei Yokoi won the award, and mario galaxy got nominated it. I will undo your edits, but feel free to undo mine if you still feel that it is not relevant. In this case, please tell me on my talk page. Thanks, Yoshario (talk)
Hey thanks for all your rewrites. However, keep in mind that you should write out numbers (i.e., "3" as "three") unless they are extremely long or complex. Other than that, you are doing a fantastic job. Keep up the amazing work! =) -- Son of Suns (talk)
- Actually, my bad. I just realized all your number edits were correct - I just noticed the numbers in your recent edits, not the context of the numbers. We've had a user recently switch "three" to "3" to write about, like, the number of enemies in a given area. Using numbers before HP or stats is just fine (although writing them out is not incorrect either). I noticed that you switched, like, "fifty" to "50." I didn't see the "HP" after that. So, you're good. Also, we don't have an established policy about numbers, so do what makes sense and looks professional.
- And yeah...I've been here since April 2006 (I think). I've had to take a couple breaks for personal reasons, but I always seem to come back. Haha. =D -- Son of Suns (talk)
I'd like to apologize for that harsh stereotype I made on the Proposals page. Not all Americans are "asses", as I'm sure a large portion of the country is extremely kind. I've just had a really rough time for the past several years, (most notably the past one) in this country. My family and I have constantly been screwed over by people we became close to or trusted. My dad became unemployed last April because of this, and I lost my job in September for similar reasons. I got yanked out of college as an aftereffect, and now I've been living in an RV for the past month. So, my look at America's population is a little scorched because of all this. Once again, I apologize for that comment. I've met numerous kind people on this site, and you appear to be yet another one of them. — Stooben Rooben And keep up your good edits. 19:09, 16 February 2009 (EST)
- Ah, no, I realize you said that I wasn't stereotypical. But I still felt that my comment could've been deemed as harsh by certain users. Either way, I fully understand what you said. And thanks for your kind comment; it's moments like that that make me have a little more faith in my fellow man. — Stooben Rooben 19:59, 16 February 2009 (EST)
- Yeah, I read that you were an Admin on Wikipedia. Massive kudos for that. I made, like, 10 edits there before I went inactive. It's a shame that you had to leave the site, but it's fantastic that you came here. I'm always happy to see new contributors, especially ones with experience! I'm glad we understand each other as well. =) — Stooben Rooben 20:17, 16 February 2009 (EST)
That makes a lot of sense. You'll have to excuse me - I'm glad you took the time to correct me, and if you haven't already, I'll change the article back to the way you had it. Stumpers! 00:07, 17 February 2009 (EST)
RE: Proposal Extension
Yeah, I am trying to follow policy, and official policy states a tie vote is no quorum and no action is taken on either side. If we were to implement an "tie extension" rule to the proposal process, there should probably be a proposal to change the rules. We try to do things (somewhat) democratically around here. -- Son of Suns (talk)
RE: Name Changes
Oops...I guess it did pass. I put too much faith in Walkazo without checking the results myself...haha. Anyways, thanks for all your help with changing article names. Let me know if there are any other articles to be changed. Oh, and in the Mario Kart Wii vehicle articles, if the profile picture uses the NA name, the NA name should be written under the pic. Both English names are official and interchangeable, so the name in the pic should at least match the name stated underneath. -- Son of Suns (talk)
- I can't seem to find anything...do you want to try having the wiki send your password to your e-mail again? Maybe it will work this time...? -- Son of Suns (talk)
Hey Shiancoe, are you the user Garlic Man (talk) whom contributed here the Mariowiki too? I was just checking the new user Shiancoe2 (talk) in the checkuser page, and I noticed that you, like Garlic Man and Shiancoe2 share the same IP number... It's a coincidence or are you two different persons? -- ¢oincoll€ctor 22:11, 21 February 2009 (EST)