The 'Shroom:Issue LXXXIV/The 'Shroom Spotlight
Yo-Yo-Yoshi! Welcome to this eggs-traordinary March edition of The 'Shroom Spotlight! For those of you readers out there who don't know what this section is, The 'Shroom Spotlight is a wiki project that aims to improve a selection of bad
eggs articles and images on the wiki each month by eggs-posing them in this section and reaching out to the eggs-tended community for help. If you need further eggs-planation, please eggs-plore this page for our mission goals and past goals, there's dozens of 'em!
Anyway, if you'll egg-scuse me, I'm going to drop the egg puns for just a moment while I eggs-hibit my duties as a Spotlight co-manager and review our article focuses from last month. Crack a pity laugh why don't you, it’s eggs-hausting forcing these horrible puns on such a hard-boiled audience.
Last month, we focused on articles relating to Donkey Kong to celebrate the release of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. Unfortunately, this was somewhat met with frigid reception
(kill me), aside from two cases. Our rewrite focus, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D received some cool alterations in the Differences and Additions section courtesy of SKmarioman (talk), and towards the very end of the month, the rest of the article was rewritten thanks to Icemario (talk)! Also at the end of the month, our Wanted pages article, Mt. Dynamite Remix was created by our other Spotlight co-manager Yoshi876 (talk), and it follows the standard of the other course articles very nicely! Lead by eggs-ample, I guess? (That was the only one, I swear). Our rewrite-expand dong focus, Banana also received some minor input, but the rest of our focuses weren't so fortunate.
On the bright side, two of our untouched January focuses have received contributions worth mentioning! It seems Mr. Kiyotake has received a somewhat better quality outfit thanks to Icemario (talk), and Jarvis is finally at peace, as Dashbot (talk) has uploaded a suitable image for his infobox. Egg-ceptional! Once again, even if the deadline for an article or image we've focused on has passed, it's still worth going back and improving the article or image even further, because noteworthy contributions certainly won't go unnoticed!
Now, let's egg-samine our article focuses for this month. As eggs-pected, in light of the egg-citing release of Yoshi's New Island, we've decided to focus this month's 'Shroom Spotlight eggs-clusively on everyone's favourite green dinosaur, Yoshi! Now to hand it over to my fellow Yoshi co-mananger, the all-important 876th one, for this month's eggs-travagant focuses:
- Magma Castle (stub) – Magma Castle is the final level of Yoshi's Story. Unfortunately the magma has burned away much of the information and so it's a stub. Brave the magma and bring it to an acceptable length.
- Yoshi (rewrite) – Here at 'Shroom Spotlight we don't like focusing on obscure articles. However, we're willing to make an exception to this one so the heavy bias and flowery writing can be removed.
- Yoshi's Island (location) (rewrite-expand) – The home island of the Yoshis is lacking a lot of information, most notably in the Itadaki Street section.
- Yoshi's Cookie (trivia) – I'd love a cookie, unfortunately the trivia section on this one makes it hard to digest. Trim parts off to make it more edible, and whilst you're at it see if you can make it bigger with more crunchy info.
- File:Yoshi'sSafariBox.png (quality requested) – The boxart for this first-person shooter game looks like the dull barren landscapes you'd find in one. Help brighten it up a bit.
- Ball Yoshi (Wanted pages) – A Yoshi form in Yoshi Topsy-Turvy. Give it a good article that isn't just a load of old balls.
And that's all, yolks! I better scramble before I'm eggs-ecuted for crimes against the English language. Be sure to white either of us a message or post in our egg-ceedingly empty forum thread if you have any questions, comments, Yoshi Eggs or Bandit troubles (those darn poachers). Happy
editing egg throwing!
|Previous Section Next Section|