The 'Shroom:Issue LXXXII/The 'Shroom Spotlight
Hello, everyone. This is YoshiKong, and I have a special announcement to make. In the coming weeks I intend to retire from the community, and regretfully this means I must give up my 'Shroom positions, as well as my wiki sysop duties. But more than anything, I wish that the Spotlight project will continue to be a regular section in the newspaper. Ever since the section was resurrected and revamped last April, it has attracted a surprisingly large amount of community input, and it has been a great experience to co-ordinate it. I'm turning over the manager position to two users who have both strongly contributed throughout the duration of the project, and have expressed their interest in becoming co-managers together: Yoshi876 (talk) and GBAToad (talk). I have confidence that you will both continue the Spotlight project to a very high standard. Thank you everyone, and all the best for the new year!
Thank you, YoshiKong. A new year brings new beginnings, and with this being the first year since The 'Shroom Spotlight has returned, we'd like to congratulate you for reviving this project, dedicating months of your time to keep it running and managing it to such a high standard. Cheers mate; we both wish you the best for your future.
We'd also like to formally introduce ourselves to the editors who help make this project a success. As new co-directors, we will strive to maintain YoshiKong's standard and keep the project alive and full of opportunities to help out. There aren't going to be many changes, but there are some big ones we’d like to address which will hopefully benefit everyone.
For starters, the Trivia tag is empty at the time of writing, so we won't be including it in the Spotlight for some time. Thanks to everyone who contributed to reducing those long trivia sections! In its place, we’ll be tackling three other tags, starting with rewrite-expand, the sister tag to rewrite. Obviously, articles and sections with this tag need a good rewrite, but also need additional information to bring them up to standard.
To those image-savvy users, we’re also introducing quality requested, where we advertise an inadequate image present on the wiki and ask for it to be improved, be it removing borders or just improving the quality overall. Lastly, we'll also be addressing wanted pages where you’ll be creating new articles to meet our standards given in the Manual of Style. Of course, only one user can create the page, but anyone can help contribute to it afterwards so that we produce a higher-quality article.
Like YoshiKong before us, every month we'll be reviewing the progress made on these articles. By expanding the amount of tags and articles we focus on, we aim to get more contributions across a broader range and have a lot more to report on.
In last month's edition, YoshiKong focused on three articles with a holiday theme. Unfortunately, we only received notable input on one of them, which was our Trivia focus Koopa Klaus. Thanks to Icemario (talk), all four trivia points were successfully incorporated into the main article! Our other two focuses, Slip Slidin' Away (which needed to be rewritten) and Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (which needed more images), have had little to no input at the time of writing. We suspect that this was the work of that eerie Mario stocking. Thankfully, we've packed it away in a shipping container and sent it to an undisclosed government warehouse for eternity. Hopefully this month we'll have a lot more contributions because of that.
Without further ado, let's start the New Year with a fresh set of articles that need fixing. Together, we've decided after plenty of
cat fights deliberation that we'll be focusing on these articles for the month of January.
- Densetsu no Starfy 3 (stub) - Despite the name, there's nothing legendary about this article at the moment! Densetsu no Starfy 3 features a major guest appearance by Wario, and needs a full article of coverage to detail his role in the game.
- Wish (rewrite) - We wish that the article followed MarioWiki:Generic subjects, maybe you can make our wish come true.
- Dreadnought Galaxy (rewrite-expand) - Dread not, this article has plenty of images, but the planet descriptions they illustrate need more detail and the level summaries need rewriting. Help save the galaxy by contributing!
- Jarvis (needs more images) - Jarvis is a ghost, but he's plagued in the afterlife by an image tag. All he needs is a screenshot of him placed in the infobox and he can have a peaceful afterlife.
- File:Hiroji Kiyotake Mii.png (quality requested) - A screencap of Wario's original designer in designer Wario overalls. Help Mr. Hiyotake with his bad
outfitimage by reuploading a suitable replacement.
- Chet (Mario Tennis: Power Tour) (Wanted pages) - Chet is a character in Mario Tennis: Power Tour who currently lacks an article. One ace article needs to be served up pretty soon.
Be sure to check back here next month, where we'll review the progress made on each of these articles. Please contact either one of us if you have any questions, comments or feedback, or post a message in the dedicated forum thread and we'll reply as soon as possible. Thanks for reading!
|Previous Section Next Section|