The 'Shroom:Issue 118/Fun Stuff
2017 is finally here, and it's starting off extremely busy of me! Luckily for you, you somehow have time to be reading Fun Stuff. I hope this month's array of puzzles, quizzes, and activities will be able to do justice your precious free time.
Section of the Month
Thank you all sincerely for voting my articles as Section of the Month for twelve months in a row! It really means a lot. Additionally, congratulations to Mr Squid (talk) on his second time on the SOTM board, and Lord Bowser (talk), whose section Find the Differences was equally as popular. Keep up the good work!
|FUN STUFF SECTION OF THE MONTH|
|2nd||Silly Stories, By You!||6||20.69%||Andymii|
|3rd||Find the Differences||5||17.24%||Lord Bowser|
|3rd||Guess That Game!||5||17.24||Mr Squid|
Hi everybody! Welcome to Word Search. As we are in the middle of winter, the coldest time of year, the theme of this Word Search are the ice creatures that appear in the Mario franchise. Good luck, and have fun!
Hey, it’s Rosalina1999! Happy 2017 everybody! It's the year of the Nintendo Switch. Since I'm excited for both Super Mario Odyssey, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, which are only three months away from release date, I’m going to base this Crossword off of Mario Kart 8 courses. I hope you enjoy it!
|1. That’s a big mountain, Mommy!||2. What’s that in the sky?|
|12. Mommy, is that a real clock?.||3. Mommy, I like this song!|
|13. Can I take a vacation?||4. MOMMY, I WANT CANDY!|
|14. It’s very hot here in the dunes.||5. I want a PRESENT!|
|6. Mommy, gimme a donut.|
|7. It’s so cheesay!|
|8. Mommy, that’s a BIG Dolphin!|
|9. Mommy, do you have tickets, and a swimsuit?|
|10. Dang, that waterfall is bigger than the one in UP!|
|11. Why are they dancing, Mommy?|
Hello everyone, and welcome to this month's maze! I'm sure many of you have watched the recent Nintendo Direct for the Switch and are very excited for what it has to offer. One thing that it will bring is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. To celebrate, here is a humble Green Koopa Shell.
How to play:
- Copy the image into an art program (such as Paint, Photoshop, paint.net, etc.)
- Click the line tool and adjust the size as needed
- Use the line tool to get from arrow to arrow
- Zoom in and out as needed
How to play:
- Any program with a fill tool works for this (even Paint); just copy and paste the pictures onto the program and follow these steps.
- Each number on a row or column (called hints) represents a line of filled in squares on that row or column; for example, a row starting with "6" would have a row of six black squares with no white between them.
- There must be at least one blank square between each line of filled in squares.
- Each square is filled with either black or white; you can fill confirmed white squares with gray to help you keep track.
- It's easier to start with the larger numbers.
|SWITCHING UP THE DIFFICULTY (THAT'S THE BEST PUN I CAN THINK OF SORRY):||
|The Nintendo Switch|
Find the Differences
Greetings, 'Shroom readers. This is Lord Bowser here with a new edition of Find the Differences!
The artwork featured this month comes from Mario Party 8. Keeping in touch with the "8" in the title, there will be eight differences found in the altered picture. Here is the unedited version...
...and here is the edited version.
Good luck finding all of the differences! Answers are located below to check your work, but no cheating!
Thanks for viewing, and hope to see you around for next month's edition. This has been Lord Bowser, signing out! [/spoiler]
hope you enjoy, and thanks for reading!
Hi readers! Welcome to Mystery Images. As always, the goal is to identify a character, place and game by using the following images. Have fun!
Game 1 - The character
Game 2 - The location
Game 3 - The game
|Game 1: Plessie! Koopa's Tycoon Town! Mario Party: Island Tour!|
Thanks for playing! Come again next month for more puzzles.
Guess That Game!
- This is a Super Mario Bros. game.
- It is for the Wii U.
- This game is the first in the series to have names for the levels and worlds that are not like "World 2-6" or "World 4," but rather like "Big Fat Ugly Goombas!" or "Big Fat Ugly Goomba Land."
- This game has a mode called Boost Rush.
- This is a Mario Tennis game.
- This game uses QR codes to unlock characters.
- This game is a Nintendo Selects game.
- There are eight different colored Yoshis in this game.
- This game involves wrecking things.
- You can make your own levels in this game.
- Foreman Spike is in this game (don’t click on the link – that’s cheating!).
- This game was made in the 1980s.
- In this game you can play as either Mario or Pincess Toadstool (Princess Peach).
- The tune Twinkle Twinkle Little Star is in this game.
- This game is said to "not require fast hand-eye co-ordination."
- You will probably NOT like this game (seriously).
- This is not a Mario game.
- This is a game for the Wii.
- This game will give you a big brain.
- This game can be played with 8 players.
Thanks for reading! Here are the answers, but please note that playing this game is never fun if you cheat. Cheaters should probably play Gold Digger instead. ;)
Have an idea for a theme? Suggest it here!
The biggest Mario related announcement the month is undoubtedly Super Mario Odyssey, coming soon to the Nintendo Switch. Sandbox 3D Mario games are among my favorite titles, so I am very excited to play it once it is released.
In today’s Guess Who, we’ll look at Super Mario Odyssey’s older brothers, Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine – both games that I have beaten 100%, I might add. Let’s get started!
Theme: Sunshine 64
- This character surrounds his platform with bombs, which coincidentally are the only way to defeat him. Because he’s dumb.
- After stealing the Power Stars from Peach’s Castle, he hides the Stars in the castle’s paintings.
- If he falls in an abyss, he has the heavenly power to jump back up.
Level 1: Easy
- This character is one of two mustachioed characters in Super Mario 64.
- Despite literally being a massive walking combustible object, the only way he can damage Mario is… with his crown.
- He hates cheaters.
Level 2: Medium
- This character is secretly related to Bowser.
- He wields a magic paintbrush and draws graffiti everything. But the graffiti’s not even the “cool” kind – it just looks like a blobby mess.
- You can find “Wanted” posters with his face on it.
Level 3: Hard
- This character calls Tiny-Huge Island his home.
- He too hates cheaters, even though he himself cheats.
- He wears “Mach 1” sneakers, which is funny because I don’t recall him running at 767 miles per hour.
Challenge: Random Obscure Character
- Ride his service at your own risk – he’s waived all liability for accidents.
- You can find him in a crowded harbor.
- He has a palm tree on his head.
Easy: King Bob-omb!
Medium: Shadow Mario!
Hard: Koopa the Quick!
Challenge: Random Obscure Character: Big Daddy!
How did you do? Regardless, thanks for playing this month's Guess Who. Please join me again in Febuary!
Welcome to Quiz, a place where I... quiz you, on Mario stuff. Video game wise, 2017 started with a big bang, with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Super Mario Odyssey being unveiled. Super Mario Odyssey is what we'll be looking at in this Quiz, as this month it will be themed on 3D Mario games. Now use your 3D brain and solve these nine 3D questions.
- How many Power Stars are in Super Mario 64?
- Who are the main inhabitants of Isle Delfino?
- What item turns the player into a cat in Super Mario 3D World?
- What world in Super Mario 64 and Super Mario 64 DS is accessed through a wall, not a painting?
- How many separate bosses are in Super Mario Galaxy?
- What color does Yoshi turn after eating a Blimp Fruit?
- What level in Super Mario 3D Land is played similarly to a dungeon in The Legend of Zelda series?
- What made Hotel Delfino disappear?
- What do the coconuts in Super Mario Galaxy turn into after the player collects 9,999 Star Bits?
|The 'Shroom: Issue 118|
|Staff sections||Staff Notes • The 'Shroom Spotlight • Directorial Address|
|Features||Fake News • Fun Stuff • Palette Swap • Pipe Plaza • Critic Corner• Strategy Wing|
|Front Page About Archives Comments Subscribe Spotlight Contact us Manual of Style Sign up |