The 'Shroom:Issue 111/Poll Chairperson election
This is the rules page for the election; campaigns and voting take place on this article's discussion page.
On Sunday, 23 May 2010, a proposal concerning several changes in our current Main Page was accepted by the community and passed. This proposal can be viewed here.
One point this proposal addressed was the creation of a Poll Committee, a selected group of users to create and select polls to feature on the Main Page. The members of this committee are meant to be selected by a person in charge of the committee, the Poll Committee Chairperson, who shall be elected by the community. The seventh annual Poll Committee Chairperson Election is taking place here.
- This election starts on Sunday, June 26th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, July 23rd, 2016 at 00:00 GMT.
- Any registered, autoconfirmed Super Mario Wiki user with a Super Mario Boards account may choose to nominate themselves for election on this article's discussion page (linked to in the introduction). The nomination period ends on Saturday, July 16th, 2016 at 23:59 GMT.
- A candidate may choose another member to be their running mate; this individual will become the Vice-Chairperson should the ticket win. The running mate must meet the same qualification listed in Rule 2.
- All candidates must specify what their plans are for the following year.
- No candidate may employ blatantly unethical campaign methods (such as bribing voters, outright copying another member's campaign, etc.).
- Candidates may hold discussions and debates in the election forum topic and in the chat room.
- Any registered, autoconfirmed Super Mario Wiki user may cast a vote for one candidate on this article's discussion page (linked to in the introduction) starting on Saturday, July 2nd, 2016 at 00:00 GMT.
- Voters may change their vote at any time during the course of the election.
- In the case of a tie, a runoff election will be held for another week between the tying candidates. Ties beyond that will be handled if they come up by a process decided by the Poll Committee.
The following is an example of how a campaign should be formatted:
Sample Candidate 1
This is where the candidate will introduce themselves, state their purpose and motivation for running, and what their qualifications are; if the candidate has a running mate, they also provide an introduction for that person and explain why they are fit for being Sub-director.
Then the campaign's goals will be listed here:
- This is the first goal.
- This is the second goal.
- ...And so on.
This is where other members of the wiki place their votes, like this:
Responsibilities of the Chairperson
The Poll Committee Chairperson...
- ...selects at least five additional users who will, together with the Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson, form the Poll Committee. These members must meet the same qualifications listed in Election Rule 2.
- ...manages the internal processes of the Poll Committee in an exclusive sub-forum on the Super Mario Boards. All polls nominated should be appropriate and not be detrimental to the Super Mario Wiki's reputation.
- ...holds the right to suggest the dismissal of a certain committee member if said member does not uphold their responsibilities properly. A vote among all committee members will then commence. If a majority of other members agree with the suggestion, the member in question will be dismissed. The Chairperson then has to select another user to take their place.
- ...will keep their position for one year, provided that nothing out of the ordinary happens. After that period, a new Chairperson will be elected. The old Chairperson holds the right to attend this election as a candidate once again and thus has the chance to be elected for another year.
There are other various tasks that the Chairperson must assume, but these are the most basic duties. If you think you are capable of leading the Poll Committee for a one year term, post your campaign on this article's discussion page. Good luck to all!