The 'Shroom:Issue 111/Fun Stuff
This special issue has really made me think.
If there's anything I've realized, it's that you don't have to be best friends with someone to feel the sharp pain of his or her death. The interaction could be rather minimal – maybe the light-hearted baker who provides you fresh bagels for your commute, or maybe the lady who dry-cleans your khakis for work. Hell, they could be people you disliked with a passion – say, a strict officer who catches you doing whatever you think you can get away with. The person could ultimately be as inspiring and determined or unimportant and unlikeable as one wished.
It wouldn't matter if you knew this person greatly or barely, positively or negatively. Death affects all, vandals and admins alike. Nobody smiles after the death of a friend; nobody smiles after the death of an enemy. Love or hate them while they're alive, but once they are dead, the feeling is nearly universal.
If you think about it, Walkazo was the greatest friend to many, the friendly local to some, yet the authoritative officer to others – three different perspectives, but one undeniable and unanimous feeling of sadness. And that is way today I do not write solely for myself, but for every contributor, moderator, and administrator; every spammer, vandalizer, troller, and every good-faith editor; the edit-warrer, the Mafia-player, every 'Shroom writer, the Poll Committee member; every proposal-voter, IRC Director, banned user, and every last one of us of this diverse community. Like it or not, you'll be in everyone's hearts when you go, not just for being an amazing editor, but because you are human and our poor, weak hearts are simply human too.
Section of the Month
|FUN STUFF SECTION OF THE MONTH|
|3rd||It's aMAZEing!||9||15.52||Meta Knight|
Silly Stories, By You
Hey there! Sorry for being behind on these recently. Due to the nature of this issue, I've decided to omit "Silly Stories" for this month (again), considering a story about Mario's quest to defeat Trump would probably not be in the right tone. Sorry about that!
However, you can still vote! It's the same questionnaire as back in May, but more ideas are always welcome.
Thank you all!
Hi readers, and welcome to Word Search! Since this is a special issue about our bureaucrat, Walkazo, who passed away in a traffic accident, the theme of this Word Search is the birds that appear in the Mario franchise. After all, for those that did not know, Walkazo was studying to become an ornithologist. Good luck finding all the words!
Walkazo (talk) was a brilliant woman. She would always go around sharing her insight with others, and it was a joy to see her perspective on the world. She was remarkably talented, making several contributions to the community, and producing some intriguing artwork. Walkazo was more than that, though. She was a friend to many people and had a pleasant attitude. I regret not getting to know her more. Sometimes, being able to deal with something like can feel as if you're trapped. Some of you out there might feel lost, like you don't know what to do. I certainly have felt a great deal of apathy ever since it happened. However, I believe that Walkazo would not want us to be like this. She would want us to push through this struggle; just like the many that she had to overcome. Thank you Walkazo; your legacy will live on. Thank you for everything.
How to play:
- Copy the image in an art program (such as Paint, Photoshop, paint.net, etc.)
- Click the line tool and adjust the size as needed
- Use the line tool to get from arrow to arrow
- Zoom in and out as needed
The big man himself! Currently working as Nintendo's mascot and a carpenter, plumber, golfer, Vietnam soldier (???), racing driver, tennis umpire, tennis proffesional, brewery worker, cement factory worker, NBA player, baseball player, doctor, stunt bike rider, demolition worker, artist, toy manager, theme park owner, boxing referee, chef, rifleman, animal trainer, submarine captain, fighter pilot... should I go on?
How to play:
- Any program with a fill tool works for this; just copy and paste the pictures onto the program and follow these steps.
- Each number on a row or column represents a line of filled in squares on that row or column.
- There must be at least one blank square in-between each line of filled in squares.
- Do it right and you can create a picture!
Basically found everywhere.
Is it Super Mario Bros.? Is it Super Mario Bros. 3? Who knows?
That's all I have for this month, but next time you'll see me with some picrosses focusing on Power Ups, so remember to read this next time, otherwise I'll, um, make the picrosses explode in your face?
Just kidding, picrosses can't explode; see you next month (please?)
Have an idea for a theme? Suggest it here!
Surprisingly enough, there's a lot of birds in the Mario series. The Super Mario Wiki has a whole list of them. So don't worry, the characters featured today will likely not be obscure at all. Unless I choose so. You never know.
Level 1: Easy
- This bird is attracted to shiny objects; as such, he loves to grab Power Stars from Toad and Toadette.
- He is able to create large gusts of wind by simply flapping his wings.
- He wears what appears to be a Cape Feather on his head.
Level 2: Normal
- These birds have never been seen flying and simply stay in one spot.
- When someone walks up to it, it slams its head down to attack. Or it could just be lonely.
- They like to wear hip, purple goggles. Or you could just knock them off.
Level 3: Hard
- This character is a champion of sliding down slides.
- He has integrity and never cheats. If Mario cheats, he will scold Mario for being shallow.
- While Mario is away, it becomes quite plump, which ironically makes it better at the sport of sliding down slides.
Bonus: Random Obscure Bird
- It is extremely rare in the game it appears in.
- An ornithologist has being looking for this "bird of happiness" for over 38 years.
- If Mario interacts with it in a certain way, it will become a Red Coin.
Easy: Wingo! |
How'd you do? Regardless, thanks for playing, and please check back next month for more Guess Who!
Welcome to Quiz, a place where I... quiz you, on Mario stuff. As you may have noticed, this issue is dedicated to the late Walkazo whom we all deeply miss, so in her memory, I have made the sole subject of this Quiz Koopas. Happy guessing!
- Which species of Koopa throws hammers?
- Which Magikoopa is a common antagonist in the Yoshi series?
- Which Koopa is the main antagonist of the Mario series?
- Who is the youngest Koopaling?
- What are the names of the two Koopa bosses in the Airships of Super Mario 3D Land?
- What game did Dry Bones debut in?
- What species of Koopa is the Royal Bus Driver in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars?
- Why does Koopa seek Mario's help in Mario Party DS?
- How are Koopa zombies formed in The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3?