Talk:Super Mario Galaxy/Archive 2
|This is an archive of past discussions. It is kept for historical reference only. If this page is unprotected, do not edit the contents. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
|Super Mario Galaxy Talk
- 1 Real or not so real?
- 2 IGN Review
- 3 Where'd these images come from?
- 4 BRAND NEW VIDEOS!!!!
- 5 More Videos
- 6 Why was my Pokeball Planet thing deleted?
- 7 SubArticles need updating
- 8 I have it!!
- 9 Cataquacks/"F.L.U.D.D. heads"
- 10 Gil Board
- 11 Planets...
- 12 Sabotage!
- 13 There is 242 Power Stars
- 14 Bomb Chicken
- 15 Thwimp
- 16 enemies not on the list
- 17 "F.L.U.D.D Heads"
- 18 Japanese Names
- 19 2 Luigis?
- 20 2 Tyke (white Luma)!!!
- 21 the darker/NPC luigi is the REAL luigi
- 22 another difference for mario and luigi
- 23 Planets
- 24 The name of tyke is now luma?
- 25 Box Art With Rating on it!
- 26 17 bosses?
- 27 There is no Green Pokey in the game
- 28 A giant jellyfish-like creature
- 29 Mario>Luigi
- 30 The Missions
Real or not so real?
I heard about some Super Mario Galaxy DS. I saw some videos on YouTube and it's fake. But then I saw some sites about it, is it really true?
I noticed something. When he is talking about the Star Roll and Mario is in Rolling Green Galaxy, I saw two types of Goombas. A regular one and a darker shorter one. I also saw Mario attack one at 3:16. ~Μαριοθανικαλ
Where'd these images come from?
The pages seem to have some new images of this game's power-ups. What website or whatnot did these originally come from? --Galvanic 04:34, 10 November 2007 (EST)
BRAND NEW VIDEOS!!!!
Actually I discovered that first and spread the news. And that isn't every level. Mariofanical
Well thats great because thats the only one which we didn't have an article for. And I saw it first. TyndelM made an account just a few days ago. It WAS on my user page. But not anymore since he began posting different games.
The preceding unsigned comment was added by Mariofanical (talk).
Yeah I don't care either. None of his videos have Mario anyway. ~Μαριοθανικαλ
Why was my Pokeball Planet thing deleted?
- We agreed to merge every planets into thier respective galaxies.
- Then, shouldn't you have added the info to the article? TheGreatBlockyBoo 18:52, 12 November 2007 (EST)
- Err.... I am not the oen that deleted it (I can't), infac, I didn't know we had na article about a Pokeball planet up until now.
- Then, shouldn't you have added the info to the article? TheGreatBlockyBoo 18:52, 12 November 2007 (EST)
Yes we know. It is right above the base, opening to reveal a watery pool with a Power Star. ~Μαριοθανικαλ 08:13, 13 November 2007 (EST)
SubArticles need updating
I'd like to note that many articles (for example, Bugaboom) still refer to Galaxy as an 'upcoming' game, that certain information still 'has yet to be confirmed' in game play or whatnot. Since the game is out this is no longer needed. --Galvanic 15:04, 13 November 2007 (EST)
I have the game, but I don't have it. ~Μαριοθανικαλ 16:32, 13 November 2007 (EST)
- That sounds reasonable. What do you not have? - Cobold (talk · contribs) 16:47, 13 November 2007 (EST)
I have it!!
I get started playing a few hours ago. I keep playing to find out more info (I wroted down some facts.) You start at the Good Egg Galaxy in that Galaxy you can find the Rainbow star. In each Galaxy you can collect three power stars or more depending what galaxy you go to. If you want more info let me know and I'll play K!! Princess Butterfly 06:18, 14 November 2007 (EST)
Congratulation. :) ~Μαριοθανικαλ 16:58, 18 November 2007 (EST)
- What? I didn't understand you. You said it were FLUDD heads? Or you made them Cataquacks? Or what? - Cobold (talk · contribs) 16:48, 14 November 2007 (EST)
I was on the byou base galaxy and the robot lady call them water shooted or something like that. (I talking 'bout fludd heads.) Oh and the floating poke ball thing is called the floating fortess. Princess Butterfly 17:05, 15 November 2007 (EST)
If you have any questions, you may ask me for I have the game. ~Μαριοθανικαλ 19:58, 15 November 2007 (EST)
And I do too. FLUDD heads are in the game and they are NOT Cataquacks. Cataquacks are in the game but they are NOT FLUDD heads. They are two totally different creatures. Paper Jorge! I give paper cuts so stand back!
Exactly you understand. ~Μαριοθανικαλ 17:01, 18 November 2007 (EST)
Okay I have the game, and there are many boards. The only ones I can remember are Gil Board, Jill Board, and Phil Board. ~Μαριοθανικαλ 20:00, 15 November 2007 (EST)
Hey Mariofanical what Galaxy your on? Princess Butterfly 21:27, 15 November 2007 (EST)
And don't forget the Bill board. Princess Butterfly 14:52, 17 November 2007 (EST)
I defeated the game twice the day I got it(which was Nov. 13). You have the game. Notice how Star world and Cosmic Toads do not exist. Star world and the following planet was deleted from the game at the Good Egg Galaxy. In the galaxy, you go straight to the origin planet,(which got a huge makeover on both sides when you compare the planet from your game to the one here. Cosmic Toads seem to have been replaced by Lumas and in the American version, Tyke was never mentioned as the name of the apricot (or white) Luma. He (or she or possibly it) was only refered to as Luma. ~Μαριοθανικαλ 16:43, 18 November 2007 (EST)
Bill Board was at the Grand Finale Galaxy. If you didn't do that galaxy already, I won't say what he says. It's quite funny. When I defeated the game and unlocked the Grand Finale Galaxy, I couldn't find it cause it wasn't on the map. I finally found it and the galaxy is just beautiful. The Toad Brigade is also hilarious, if you know who they are. ~Μαριοθανικαλ 17:07, 18 November 2007 (EST)
You...........YOU collect all the ...the power stars *faints* NOOOOOO (now i'll in second place I try to get them all but i fail.... *Cries* AWWWWWWW MAAAANNNNN!!!!!) You get to play as luigi NO FAIR I get I'm not an expert. *sighs* Princess Butterfly 17:16, 18 November 2007 (EST)
I beat on 11/16/07. Now I have 84 power star. Princess Butterfly 17:18, 18 November 2007 (EST)
- I suggest you guys don't turn this into a forum discussing "What level are you on?" and stuff like that. That's why the forum was made. Paper Jorge! I give paper cuts so stand back!
Sorry. Princess Butterfly 17:06, 19 November 2007 (EST)
I'm Sorry as well. ~Μαριοθανικαλ 17:08, 19 November 2007 (EST)
Castle Planet, Tropic Planet, Origin Planet, and Pokey Planet were not merged, so why were they deleted? TheGreatBlockyBoo 11:42, 19 November 2007 (EST)
I don't know what happened to them but the Castle and Origin Planet are the same planet. The Tropic Planet is the planet that precedes King Kalente's "Bowl Planet". I have no idea whats a Pokey Planet and I even have the game. It probably has a Pokey on it. These are (and probably the Pokey Planet), all preside in the Good Egg Galaxy. ~Μαριοθανικαλ 12:21, 19 November 2007 (EST)
- The Castle Planet, with a large castle on it, and the Origin Plant, with light and dark sides, are the same? o_0 Anyhow, if they are in the Good Egg Galaxy, then you should add them! In fact, if you have the game, you should put info on planets into their galaxies! TheGreatBlockyBoo 12:36, 19 November 2007 (EST)
Who added the new "boss" under the bosses category? Why can't people grow up and quit vandalizing?! ND IRISH ROCK! 09:58, 20 November 2007 (EST)
There is 242 Power Stars
I have the game and got all 120 Power Stars as Mario and Luigi and the Grand Final Galaxy.when I played as Mario,it was also open for him to so that is another power star.I beat the Grand Final Galaxy as Mario and Luigi so in total I had 242 Power Stars.
No those are all the SAME Power Stars. You can just play the story as Mario or Luigi. It is like you start over.~Μαριοθανικαλ 00:30, 23 November 2007 (EST) Oh and it's "There ARE 242 Power Stars" not "There IS 242 Power Stars".
They are the same! Just say Mario collects 121 and then this happens again and the 121 Mario collected are lost. This time Luigi gets back those 121 that Mario collected (then lost). ~Μαριοθανικαλ 20:30, 26 November 2007 (EST)
- In this video, minute 3:49. Has this twisters with eyes an official name?.--Caith Sith 10:08, 23 November 2007 (EST)
Maybe they're related to the Goo Chickens (or whatever they're called) from Super Mario Sunshine. Bendario 21:49, 24 November 2007 (EST)
- The creature you refer in SMS is called a "Coo Coo." ND IRISH ROCK! 16:28, 4 December 2007 (EST)
I played the game and I saw no Thwimp. Has anyrone seen one if not then I'll remove it on the returning enemies list. Princess Butterfly 18:21, 23 November 2007 (EST) And I saw no Womps.
Also I think the Cosmic Box Tox shold be in the returnig enemies section because I think they not Cosmic because they maybe in space but it dosen't mean they're Cosmic, they could of been zap to space like Mario.Or could be they're new disign. (The Thwomp are in space but there are called Cosmic Thwomps. And the thwomps happen to had an old design but it changed.) So those are my reasons. Princess Butterfly 18:35, 23 November 2007 (EST)
I saw no thimps nor whomps. ~Μαριοθανικαλ 18:54, 23 November 2007 (EST)
Yup, I was just thinking the same thing. No thwimps, no whomps, and why are "Cosmic Tox Boxes" different from Tox Boxes? ("Tox Boxese"? Maybe it's "Tox Boxii"?) --Bendario 21:43, 24 November 2007 (EST)
enemies not on the list
here are some enemies that are not on your list of enemies(I have the game and I have seen them)but I may not know there real name and also, # = now on list
1.star bit bag(like a money bag but when hit,it in bursts into star bits)
3.small chomp head
4.smaller chomp head
5.ladybug(it is scared of mario and trys to fly away from him but it won't do that to bee mario,it will attack bee mario)
6.purple spring bot(attacks by creating shock waves and when you jump on it,you will bounce up high up into the air)
7.tiny topman(a small yellow topman which can be defeated by star spinning into it)
8.green topman(like red top man but has no spikes and when jumped on,you will be bounced high up into the air)
9.green spring bot(will summon alot of small topman and well jumped on,you will bounce high up into the air)
10.yellow spike bot(does the same thing as the purple spring bot but you can't jump on it)
11.sliding spiked red platform(has spikes on sides and moves around)
12.helmet goomba #(wears a helmet so jumping on it does nothing but if you star spin it,it will fall on it's head,then you can jump on it to kill it)
13.hanging cosmic scuttle bugs(hangs on a tread and swings around)
15.shock wave bolts(creats shock waves and some can be killed by star spinning on it)
16.Monty Moles(wears a yellow helmet with spikes on the helmet's sides so if you touch him,you will get hurt and jumping on him does nothing but if you ground pound near him,he will flip over stunned,then you star spin it to kill it.it will dig around the area so it will be hard to ground pound near it.The Monty Moles and the Rocky Wrenches might be Major Burrows's minions)
17.golden chomp head(if killed,a power star appears)
20.ice bubbles[icy bit](when you touch it,you will freeze and take damage but when you star spin near it,it will loss it's coldness then you can just run into it to kill it)
21.lava bubbles[fire bit](same things as ice bubbles but when you touch it,you will be set on fire and start running around)
22.bubble[bit](when you star spin near a ice or fire bubble,it will turn in to this but it will start hopping to freezeing water or lava to turn back into a ice/lava bubble)
23.ice swoopers(if you touch it in any way,you will get frozen and take damage and the only way to kill it is to be fire mario and toss a fireball at it or be run over by a boulder)
26.laser bot(can't be killed and fires laser at you)
27.eye bot(can't be killed and fires a spotlight that zaps you)
28.bombing Coo Coo(to kill it,you have to jump up to it,star spin it,it will fall to the ground stunned then you can jump or star spin it)
all of these enemies are not on list for new or returning enemies User:Luigi-Tron 3000
Dude,I'm talking about enemies that you find in the missons "The Dirty Tricks Of Major Burrows" and "Cataquack To The Sky".They will dig around the area so that it would be hard to ground pound near it but it could be a new version of the Rocky Wrench but I really don't believe that it could be a Rocky Wrench because they don't toss Wrenches. User:Luigi-Tron 3000
Wait. Sorry getting really confused here.~Μαριοθανικαλ 18:28, 28 November 2007 (EST)
They are not call Red and Blue F.L.U.D.D head. They're called Water Shooters and Fire Shooters. And they're are also not related to F.L.U.D.D (Some one redircted them.) Princess Butterfly 14:39, 24 November 2007 (EST) :(
Well, they look almost exactly like the head of the F.L.U.D.D. so I guess people just assumed that was their name. Simple mistake. ;) Bendario 21:47, 24 November 2007 (EST)
Do you know when you ASSUME, you make an *SS out of U and ME. Excuse the phrase~Μαριοθανικαλ 21:50, 24 November 2007 (EST) And I don't mean to offend anyone.
- But, but, but... I DIDN'T DO IT!!! :( :( :( :( :( *cries in a corner* Okay, I'm good. --Bendario 22:02, 24 November 2007 (EST)
I know you didn't, I think.~Μαριοθανικαλ 20:33, 26 November 2007 (EST)
Does anyone else think that we should also list the Japanese names of places, characters, and things on Super Mario Wiki? I was shocked that they weren't on any of the articles (ex: Bullet Bill = Killer). I would also be interested personally in knowing more about the "original" text of Mario. If more authoritative figures on the site agree, we could start inputting the names in as we come across articles and names. Oh, and could anyone that understands the "proposals" page put this on there? I can give a few valid reasons for it, I just don't get how to use this crazy editing system. --Bendario 21:13, 24 November 2007 (EST)
- The proposals page is more for disputed stuff or things that require more than one person. Your idea here would be something to do individually, and then sit back and watch as people catch on and immitate your example. Here's a good site for that kind of thing: The Mushroom Kingdom.net. That page is for Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, but I'm pretty sure there's more pages like it. I'll try to post Japanese names in my future rewrites if I can remember and find them, okay? Stumpers! 01:11, 30 November 2007 (EST)
Is this worth mentioning as part of the plot? It seems to me that the "other world" Rosalina keeps mentioning could be another dimension, and there are 2 Luigis because the Mainstream Luigi replaces the Alternate Dimension Mario, but the Alternate Dimension Luigi is still around. This is complete speculation, but the NPC Luigi acknowledges several times that the player Luigi looks exactly like him. Irishladdie727
2 Tyke (white Luma)!!!
When you go to the Gate and pick the Grand Star rescus. Oddly Tyke turn into a Cosmic bunny but then when you star spin Tyke is in Mario's hat isn't that odd!!!! So there two Tyke this might be an mistake!!! Princess Butterfly 16:40, 25 November 2007 (EST)
Hello? you can't star spin untill you catch Tyke. ~Μαριοθανικαλ 20:27, 26 November 2007 (EST)
Hello? I said when you go back to the Gateway Galaxy not when you start.If when you are able to go back there catch Tyke and when you next to him star spin then see that Tyke is also in his (Mario/Luigi) hat!! Princess Butterfly
That is because you are playing as if it is the first time your doing that level. But when Mario goes into the gate, he brings Tyke with him (under his hat). So he's just replaying the level with tyke.~Μαριοθανικαλ 18:27, 28 November 2007 (EST)
Yeah that's what I mean. Princess Butterfly 15:11, 29 November 2007 (EST)
The Luma's name is not Tyke, it's Luma. And you need to get Luma before you can spin. (I beat the game already. As both characters.)
the darker/NPC luigi is the REAL luigi
how do I know this?When played as Mario,the luigi Mario finds,is the darker/NPC luigi. User:Luigi-Tron 3000
duh~Μαριοθανικαλ 20:34, 26 November 2007 (EST)
Then who is the Playable Luigi?!?! Princess Butterfly
another difference for mario and luigi
if star spin in water,as mario,it does nothing to his air bar but as luigi,it takes some of his air from his air bar. Luigi-Tron 3000
Are the planets even officially named? I don't remember them being named in Super Mario Galaxy; Only the Galaxies were named. However, if they are officially named in a strategy guide, disregard this. My Bloody Valentine
- This issue came up before. I think their just the names of the conjecturally titled articles that ended up merged with the Galaxy articles. Then again, someone may have taken them from a strategy guide. I wouldn't know though, as I lack a strategy guide. Some planets however seem to have official in-game names, like Cyclone Stone. ~Uniju(T-C-E)
- Personally, I think we should delete all the planets that were conjecturally named, even before we passed the rule against conjecturally-named articles (which has served us well). I think I'll put this in the proposals. ND IRISH ROCK! 16:33, 4 December 2007 (EST)
The name of tyke is now luma?
In the English version, Tyke was never used as a name. It just used the name of it's species; Luma. ~Μαριοθανικαλ 18:58, 5 December 2007 (EST)
- Hold up. Could this be like the Americanization of Magikoopa to Kamek? Remember that there is no Kamek in Japan, but rather a special Magikoopa, sort of like how there is a special Yoshi. I don't know about either version of this game, but if he is called Tyke in the Japanese version, then at least we should have an article for him under Luma (character) just as we would have for Kamek (Magikoopa (character)) if we were a Japanese wiki. This might already exist here, I don't know (trying to avoid spoilers). In my opinion if a name is given in any version of the game it trumps the concept of "Species Name (character)", and so I would think that the name Tyke should still at least be associated with him. Hope that makes sense. Stumpers! 19:27, 5 December 2007 (EST)
So if he can't be called Tyke in American, and that's his name in Japan so can we start a page that said White Luma? and states that he name Tyke is from Japan (If his needs a page. Oh and you told them Stumpers!)Princess Butterfly 15:23, 8 December 2007 (EST)
Box Art With Rating on it!
Could someone please replace the NA Super Mario Galaxy box art with a "RP" sign with one that has the "E" rating on it? Because I can't find it anywhere online!
Only 15 are actually listed, yet above the list it says there are 17 bosses. Did the person forget to add two other boss characters, did they get deleted, or did someone incorrectly put 17 instead of 15?
There is no Green Pokey in the game
That Green Pokey is just the red pokey in the early images.I saw no green pokey in the game and the area that you saw the green pokey is at,that is where the red pokey is. Luigi-Tron 3000
I removed it. It might be from the beta version of the game. Princess Butterfly 17:26, 18 December 2007 (EST)
There is, at the begin of the level here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=u4ans57VPL4&feature=PlayList&p=10DA6B2E7FF04070&index=1&playnext=2&playnext_from=PL Freekhenstra
A giant jellyfish-like creature
- Oh sorry, it's a Preying Manta... --PaperStriker 14:10, 27 December 2007 (EST)
- Yes. It does. --Luigifan14 02:00, 2 January 2008 (EST)
On every galaxy's page the missions are written FAQ style, using words like You instead of Mario or he. I propose that they should be written in a sort of third person journal, describing the situation and outlining the path. --Luigifan14 02:08, 2 January 2008 (EST)