Should we merge Grand Star, Power Star, and Green Star, because they are all Power Stars, and they are different types. We could put Power Star, and list the types, and give the info. But don't we need a proposal?
- Well, first of all, Power Star should definitely not be merged with Grand Star, as they are two completely different types of star and therefore serve distinctly different functions than normal Power Stars, however much they may look like a Power Star. Second, Green Stars (along with Bronze Stars, Silver Stars, and the Red Star) may look like just another Power Star with a different color, but again, each has its own particular function that is very different from Power Stars, which is why there are multiple articles about these different types of stars in the first place.
i see your point. bronze stars serve the same purpose, so we should reference it in the Galaxy section, and say how to get one. if you think this is a good idea, just let me know and i'll do it. Boo Who Plays Games Happy Easter! 20:01, 8 April 2011 (EDT)
- Well, though closer in function to a Power Star than Green, Red, or Silver Stars, Bronze Stars are still not exactly the same as Power Stars; they only take the place of a particular Power Star until the player is able to complete a certain mission themselves, without the help of the Cosmic Spirit...and when you say "reference it in the Galaxy section," what is the "Galaxy section" you're talking about?
- I think we should merge all of them except red and possibly grand.- pants98
im talking about the sub section of SMG in this article. the section that begins with, “Power Stars make a return in... ” . you know, the SMG section in this article? we could then say, A new power star is introduced in SMG called the bronze star.... Boo Who Plays Games Happy Easter! 22:20, 8 April 2011 (EDT)
Well, first of all, Bronze Stars never appeared until Super Mario Galaxy 2, and second of all, it looks like Bronze Stars are already mentioned under the Super Mario Galaxy 2 section of this article...
Power star artwork
There is one for Mario Party 9.
- Yeah, I don't understand what makes the stars in the Super Mario 3D games the same as the stars in Mario Party. KaBoom! 19:48, 27 March 2013 (EDT)
- I think it's because they have the exact same appearance and appeared around the same time (then again I don't know if they actually share the same name) Marshal Dan Troop (talk)
A Stars Proposal
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
SPLIT/CREATE NEW ARTICLE 10-0
Power Star is an article about a collectible in the 3D Mario games that can grant Mario access to more levels if he collects enough of these "artifacts". Meanwhile, we have a random section about those stars in Mario Party, those that can be bought for 20 coins and are crucial for winning the board. The section on the Mario Party series is off compared to the rest of the article.
In Mario Party, these are what stars do:
- Stars are obtained when players buy them for 20 coins.
- Stars determine who wins.
- Stars can be stolen and rewarded.
In the Super Mario 3d games, these are what stars do
- Stars are obtained via completing a mission.
- Stars grant access to more worlds, so they're similar to keys.
- Stars are obtained just once per mission.
See how different these are? Why do we have separate articles from Power Star and Star? Because the two are vastly different from each other in function, not so much appearance. That's the same reason I want the Stars in Mario Party to have its own article.
Besides, Stars in Mario Party aren't even called Power Stars. They're simply Stars.
And so, we should make an article for these Stars called this: Star (Mario Party series).
Split and Create an Article
- LeftyGreenMario (talk) Stars in Mario Party are vastly different than Power Stars in Super Mario 3D games. If we're going to create an article about a powerup and a collectible that grants access to levels of similar names, we might as well create an article on a collectible that is needed to win games.
- King Pikante (talk) Per LGM.
- BowserJunior (talk) Per all.
- YoshiKong (talk) Per proposal.
- ThePremiumYoshi (talk) - Per all.
- newSMBU (talk) Similar appearance, different functions.
- Kamek the magikoopa (talk) Per proposal
- Tails777 (talk) Per all
- Walkazo (talk) - Per LeftyGreenMario.
- Mario4Ever (talk) Per LGM.
Keep Mario Party Series in this Article
- The list is on each individual course page. The Power Moons are separated because of how many there are. 18:49, April 8, 2019 (EDT)
Not the list for the secret course and Toad stars.--18.104.22.168 22:09, April 8, 2019 (EDT)