- There is no source, and she certainly doesn't seem to be enough of a major character to have her own page. BTW, is there any actual evidence that she's female? - Kahran042 14:47, 8 March 2011 (EST)
- "Hootenanny" is the name of an event, but according to the comments above, there seems to be no source for her name (or her gender, apparently, but if it's really her name, I guess we can infer from "nanny" :P)
- KaBoom! 00:45, 9 May 2013 (EDT)
I'll look into this tomorrow (well, technically, later today) and see if I can verify it.I didn't feel like waiting. I just played on the board for a bit, and unless the Wiggler is named in the physical game manual, this Wiggler doesn't have a name (it just says "hootenanny" two or three times in its dialogue, and it's not listed under the "Characters" section of the Operations Guide). Mario4Ever 01:24, 9 May 2013 (EDT)
I found the official name from the Japanese Wikipedia article: ハナチャン which is Wiggler's Japanese name. The gender is left ambiguous though, but we can infer that it's just a regular Wiggler.--Tailikku1 (talk) 18:59, 8 September 2014 (EDT)
- But how is this evidence that the name is ハナチャン? Where did Wikipedia get that information? Anyhow, with the conversation revived somewhat, I kind of think this should just be merged with the Wiggler article. Do other unnamed "enemy" NPCs from Mario Party get their own article? KaBoom! 02:05, 9 September 2014 (EDT)
- I double checked the official site, it is indeed ハナチャン. And speaking of which a few characters on the MP2 and MP3 boards are unlisted like アリジゴクン, the creature that lives in Spiny Desert's sand pit, the giant snowman in Chilly Waters also called とうみんスノーマン (Hibernating Snowman), the Snifit Patrol, the Bob-Omb Aliens, I've already covered the Master Boo in Horror Land, the Blooper Baby in Deep Bloober Sea, the Sushi Sub (ちんぼつサブマリン(Sunken Submarine)), and the Arrow Angler (やじるしアンコウ)
Wouldn't it better to rename the article to something like "Milk Shop owner"? After all, just because she says Hootenanny doesn't mean it's her name.
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
This article pertains to a minor non-playable character that has been assigned a name because of the function of the
Happening Space pass-by area. The name "hootenanny" refers to the event, not the character's name, so it's a wonder how this got assigned as a name. There is no evidence of an official name for this Wiggler, much less, evidence for the gender of the character. This makes me wonder, why aren't there articles for other non-playable generic characters? "Hootenanny" is a Wiggler like any other Wigglers and so should be merged with Wiggler.
- Mario (talk) A Wiggler speaking in a southern accent suddenly gets its own article and is named after its event. Yesh. Also, check the discussion above.
- Baby Luigi (talk) From Dictionary: a social gathering or informal concert featuring folk singing and, sometimes, dancing. When the Wiggler said, "let's start a hootenanny", she's saying, "let's start a party". It's EXACTLY like naming any character "Party" on this wiki because they want to start a party. There's absolutely no reason this article should exist.
- Randombob-omb4761 (talk) Per Baby Luigi. Making a page about someone who said something is stupid as hell.
- Ninelevendo (talk) Per all.
- 'Shroom64 (talk) Per all; the subject seems to be a regular Wiggler with little significance whatsoever.
- Vommack (talk) Per all.
- Stargazing (talk) Per all. It's just a Wiggler in a party game. Big deal.
- Tsunami (talk) Per all, we don't even know the name and we make one conjectural that proves even more that's a Wiggler.
- Ghost Jam (talk) Per all.
- RickTommy (talk) Per all. And just a correction: it's a mid-turn event, not a Happening space event.
- Tailikku (talk) Per all.
- UltraMario3000 (talk)Per Baby Luigi.
- Lumastar (talk)Per all. Let's have us a mergenanny!