Talk:Donkey Kong 64
This is a featured article!
It represents the best of the best that the Super Mario Wiki has produced. If there are any edits that will improve the article's quality even further, make them.
|Edit the article · add to discussion (new section) · FA page|
|Donkey Kong 64 has won a Mario Award in the first Awards Ceremony!!
|Donkey Kong 64 has won a Mario Award in the second Awards Ceremony!!
|Donkey Kong 64 has won a Mario Award in the third Awards Ceremony!!
Is this page still under contruction? I was thinking about nominating this for FAs. HyperToad
- On a first view, the Crystal Caves and Creepy Castle sections of the table are still empty. - Cobold (talk · contribs) 12:03, 24 January 2008 (EST)\
- Is that even really needed? It's seems too much like a Game Guide. HyperToad
- I worked too hard on the Golden banana Guide to have it deleted -- WarioLoaf (talk) 02:45, 23 February 2008 (EST)
This game doesn't break the Fourth Wall?
I was looking around the Wiki & I found a...list thing that says "Games That Break The Fourth Wall" &, um...this game wasn't on it. I have evidence suggesting it does.
- 1: Cranky says "Silly 3-D Quest"
- 2: In the Wrestling Match at the end of the game, the worm/microphone announcer-thing says, "Welcome to the main event of the game!...Brought to you by Nintendo and Rareware in association with K.Rool Enterprises."
Are those not Fourth Wall breaks? I'd've said this somewhere else, but those list things don't exactly have discussion pages, now do they?
And if you don't believe me, go to Youtube. I'm currently uploading a game of Donkey Kong 64 over there.
Golden Banana Table
Ok, I think we need to remove the table this section. I know some user(s) worked very hard on it, but the Mariowiki is a Mario encyclopedia, and it shouldn't have the walkthrough on a whole entire game. Plus, it looks like it hasn't been touched in what seems like months (besides when I fixed a bunch of grammar errors this morning). And as of now, the table seems horribly cluttered and still has several spelling and grammar errors in it (even though it could be fixed at some point). Basically, though, I think we should either delete the whole table, or at least merge it with Golden Banana. I not sure if I really need to make a whole proposal about this so... What do other people think? Fawfulfury65
- I think that it should be deleted or better merged...--Mateo (Talk · Contributions) 16:57, 14 February 2010 (EST)
Golden Banana Table Proposal
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
Ok, I think its about time I make a proposal about this the table in this terrible section. I propose that we either delete it or put it into its own page called "List of Golden Bananas in Donkey Kong 64". Really, the table is horribly written, hard to understand, and has been incomplete for well over a year, as far as I know. So, yeah. Merge, delete, or keep it the same?
Make its own page
- BabyLuigiOnFire (talk) It may be horribly written, but it also can be greatly improved on. It also provides great details of game mechanics, such as the Star Coins. It's just too complex and detailed to be in the Donkey Kong 64 article, so I say that we make its own article.
- KS3 (talk) per BWOF.
- Bloc Partier (talk) - Table is way too big, but it does contain valid information. It would be best if it had its own page and was rewritten.
- Fawfulfury65 (talk) Per all.
Keep it the same
Yeah, it wasn't getting enough attention so I made it into a proposal. Anyways, Golden Bananas are a lot different than Star Coins. They all found in much more complex locations, and there a a total of 25 in each level, unlike in NSMB, where there are only 3 Star Coins per level. Plus, all 201 Golden Bananas in the same article is pretty hectic. Fawfulfury65 (talk)
Side note: Some cells of this table probably could be shortened down to give a general idea where a banana can be found, without turning the article into a walkthrough. - Gabumon(talk) 06:24, 13 May 2010 (EDT)
That's true but... how would we do that? Some Golden Bananas involve several steps to find. Some also require you to find another Golden Banana first to find it. Also, Catch Card and List of Catch Cards are both separate, so we probably don't have to merge the table with Golden Banana. Fawfulfury65
Proposal to delete article
do you that this article should be delete because it is part of the Donkey Kong universe and nothing to do with the Mario universe? User:McAusten! · talk to me · my edits 17:48, 13 December 2011 (EST)