Okay, I have been disputing this with people since I got here. Now, for the last time, the Co-Star Mode Star Cursors in Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 are the exact same color (just like the normal Star Cursors are the exact same color). If you don't believe me, please take a look at this picture comparing the two. Granted, the one from Super Mario Galaxy appears to be a little lighter in color than the one from Super Mario Galaxy 2, but orange is orange.
Merge to Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
merge to SMG and SMG2 13-3-2
This article is clearly a mode of Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 and I see no reason to allow it to stay as a separate article. This can easily be covered in a small subsection on each respective article.
Merge to SMG and SMG2
- Knife (talk) – My reasons are covered above.
- Yoshiwaker (talk) - Per proposal.
- Reddragon19k (talk) Per both! Thanks!
- UltraMario3000 (talk) Per Knife.
- Phoenix (talk) Let's do it.
- Mario4Ever (talk) Per proposal.
- Yoshidude99 (talk) It will expand the articles.
- Bop1996 (talk) Per proposal.
- Tails777 (talk) Per all.
- Zero777 (talk) It's not too big and notable to have its own article.
- Kaptain K. Rool (talk) - Sure Wynaut?
- Walkazo (talk) - Per Knife, although I think leaving this as a dismbig page would be better than deleting it: people might very well search for "Co-Star Mode", and since it's an official name (afaik), it deserves something.
- Holyromanemperortatan (talk)- Per Knife
Merge to Co-Star Luma
- SWFlash (talk) I think merging to Co-Star Luma is more right, since it's the main part of the mode.
- Pokémon Trainer Mario (talk) Per SWFlash.
- Nicke8 (talk) Per SWFlash.
- DK and Diddy Kong vs Bowser and Bowser Jr. (talk) It has lots of info. Also, how can we merge it into both Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2? What happens if somebody types "Co-Star Mode"?
- Bowser's luma (talk) Per DK&DDKVSB&BJ.
@Phoenix: What gave you the impression that I am chastising you? I am simply suggesting a merge simply based on the fact that this is a mode of SMG and SMG2. We have an (unwritten) rule that modes belong on the respective game articles. Just because it is extremely detailed does not make it immune to our policies.--Knife (talk) 23:56, 13 April 2011 (EDT)
@Knife - No, I didn't mean you personally, I was just trying to avoid people saying that I was only opposing this article being merged because I was the one who created it (that's not the reason, as I stated above). That being said, I wasn't aware that articles about modes infringed on the rules (I was actually going to ask about that, as UltraMario3000 had said something similar to that when he marked it for deletion a while ago), truthfully, I didn't believe there really were that many modes in the Mario franchise at all (needless to say, I thought this was the only one), just judging from my previous Mario gameplay experience, so I apologize. As long as all of the information will be retained, I see no viable problem with it being merged. Phoenix (talk) 00:42, 14 April 2011 (EDT)
Okay are you allowed to change your vote?--Yoshidude99 11:46, 14 April 2011 (EDT)
@DKandDKvs.BandBJ - (Sorry, I'm way too lazy to type the whole thing). Well, it can be done, and if we do end up leaving the name of the article as a redirect, it will most likely have to lead to a disambig page or something... Phoenix (talk) 15:24, 14 April 2011 (EDT)
A disambiguation page seems superfluous, but I see what you mean. I think we can just delete the article after merging it, since not many people will actually search for this article.--Knife (talk) 17:25, 15 April 2011 (EDT)
@Opposers: How does it make sense to merge a mode with a character? Co-Star Luma is a part of Co-Star Mode, not the other way around. Of course Co-Star Mode can be mentioned in Co-Star Luma, but the mode itself belongs on the game articles. Not to mention Co-Star Luma is strictly a SMG 2 thing, where would info from SMG go?--Knife (talk) 10:57, 16 April 2011 (EDT)
Yeah, Knife's right...if I recall, I already made sure that Co-Star Mode was mentioned in the Co-Star Luma article, but to merge the entire thing to Co-Star Luma would not be the best idea... Phoenix (talk) 12:33, 16 April 2011 (EDT)