Split the Level from Donkey Kong from the Smash Bros. Stage
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
I believe we should separate the level from Donkey Kong from the Smash Bros. stage. All the other Smash Bros. stages have their own pages; why not this one? Consistency is key, and to have pages for other courses except this one is sort of strange. While it is quite faithful to the original level, there are enough differences. Saying "they are similar enough" is like saying that the Gold Classics Pack should be merged with Super Mario Bros., which is obviously illogical. This isn't a remake of the original level; its a fully-developed stage referencing a game that is a big part of Nintendo's history. As such, it should be treated that way- the Smash Bros. stage separate, with its own article.
- Andymii (talk) Per myself above.
- LudwigVon (talk) Per Andymii
- SuperYoshiBros (talk) Per proposal.
- Toadbrigade5 (talk) Per LudwigVon and Super Yoshi Bros.
- Green6017 Guy (talk)Per all.
- Mario (talk) We have stuff like Princess Peach's Castle, Kongo Jungle, Mushroom Kingdom, Yoshi's Story, Yoshi's Island which are split off from their respective article as standalone stages. Despite 75m stage's similar layout to it is original level, it features a few quirks that's not in the original game, and it's really a Smash stage that pays homage to it is origin, and so, it deserves to be split off from the level. Same goes for Mario Bros.
- Kart Player 2011 (talk) Per Mario.
- Megadardery (talk) - I'm not very confident with this move, the 75m, both the level and the stage, are basically the same thing, it's a location which the Mario Bros. game took place in, and also the fight in SSBB happens to take place in as well. It's the exact same design, the exact same name. Unlike Mario Circuit, which has a different name than it's origin (Figure-8 Circuit) and also is rather different from the original racetrack. Rainbow Cruise (or Rainbow Ride for PAL users) and Luigi's Mansion stages are more like only a reference, and basically a different stage than their origin (Rainbow Ride, and Luigi's Mansion (place) respectively), so they cannot be merged. Speaking of Luigi's Mansion, a similar decision should be taken there as well.
For some reason, I've never played Brawl, but we should probably do the same for that stage, and put a Main Page: Mario Bros. (stage) on the original page it is currently on. Andymii (talk) 09:57, 1 February 2015 (EST)