Hello and welcome to the Super Mario Wiki, a collaborative knowledge-base dedicated to the Mario franchise. We're glad to have you as a member. If you have any questions, just post them on the FAQ talk page or ask an experienced member, patroller, or administrator.
The following articles contain guidance and information about reading, authoring, and participating in the Super Mario Wiki community. If this is your first time visiting, please read our introduction.
How do I do that?
You are welcome to browse through the following categories:
Things you can do
Feel free to delete this message when you're done reading it. We hope this information is helpful, and that you'll have a great experience contributing to our knowledge-base and our community. Remember to enjoy your experience here and to also have fun!
- The Assets Library runs on a pre-approved registration membership and I'm afraid I'm not at liberty to divulge Zelda Wiki's credentials, but I believe that it's fairly easy to become approved for membership yourself, as long as you're representing some form of business (Mario Wiki, for instance). That's where I would recommend you should start. However, if there's any particular image from a game or such, I would be happy to look for it myself upon request. Though I must say that the selection is rather mediocre from any point before the Wii era. Pakkun (talk) 03:19, 1 April 2014 (EDT)
I can't do automated text replaces, sorry. You can just ignore the userspace/talk links, though; all that matters is that the mainspace links are updated. I can do that for you and delete the image, if you're fine with that. - Turboo (talk) 21:53, 31 March 2014 (EDT)
- Ah, my apologies then. I'm not aware of what's in the power of Mario Wiki staff, so I was basing my request from my experience on Zelda Wiki. Regardless, it's all settled now, so thanks for your time.
- However, I must also admit my ignorance towards talk page procedure (I couldn't find anything on the subject), so are conversations meant to remain on one page or do they follow some other guideline? I ask because (obviously) you replied on my talk page, so I'm unsure as to where I should reply. Pakkun (talk) 03:19, 1 April 2014 (EDT)
Re: "Rough and Unofficial"
Hi there. Yes, our general guideline is that if an artwork is found with a background, then it should be uploaded that way. Whereas some artwork are already found with transparency when taken from an official source. Normally, applying transparency ourselves can affect the smooth edges of the artwork, causing them to appear rough. And often white artifacts can remain when the image is placed against a black background.
By the way, if you have access to the assets library, could you check whether there is any artwork there that isn't already found at Gallery:Super Mario Odyssey? From memory they seemed to be the most up-to-date and complete Nintendo press site, but I lost access quite a while ago.
- I don't know where to reply to this, since the logical thing would be to just keep the conversation on one page.
- I do not have access to the NAL at the present.
- I would venture that a white background isn't a background at all, though I suppose I'll accept if that's somehow considered to be one. There are demonstrably no "rough" edges and no white artifacts will appear when placing the image that I uploaded, so I'm not sure how those could be problems associated with my work. I can't make sense of it, so I'll just refrain from making any more files transparent. Pakkun (talk) 11:02, 23 September 2017 (EDT)
- Okay, just saw your profile page update. Did you perhaps forget you had an account already? (Also, welcome to the Super Mario Wiki!) 11:29, 23 September 2017 (EDT)
- Yeah, I did. It was only after doing some digging that I was able to find my old account and reclaim it, since I haven't went by "Pakkun" in years. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Pakkun (talk) 12:16, 23 September 2017 (EDT)
Nintendo Assets Library
Hi. Do you still have access to this? If you do have access, do you still want it - or could you give it to me? If you do want it, could I request some assets from it? Thanks. --Hiccup (talk) 14:13, 17 January 2018 (EST)