The 'Shroom:Issue 154/Pipe Plaza
I survived after last month, thank goodness. And now, we arrive at a new era, a time of which we can start anew. The future knows no bounds! This is the vision! It's 2020, at long last! Welcome, my dear readers, to the first Pipe Plaza of a new decade. We have the debut of NIWA News from Alex95 (talk)! And unfortunately, 'Shroom Recap is missing this time around, but will be back next month!
For me, 2020 holds a lot of things. For one, I graduate high school and start college later this year so that's gonna be really scary. But like the year itself, it's the start of a new chapter. Though that still doesn't make it any less terrifying but, ah, I think I should be fine.
Now, before we continue, remember that we're always open for new writers, sections, and ideas! Go to the sign up page if you're interested! And without further ado, enjoy not only Pipe Plaza, but the rest of the month as well~
Section of the Month
|Pipe Plaza SECTION OF THE MONTH|
|1st||Poll Committee Discussion||6||54.55%||LudwigVon|
Hello, everyone, good to be back! Welcome to NIWA News, a section where I, Alex95, talk about the going ons with the wikis in our NIWA group within the last month!
- BBQ Turtle was promoted to the rank of administrator on the Super Mario Wiki.
- Prod was promoted to the rank of administrator on Icaruspedia, to coincide with the site acquisition to ABXY.
- Mario has returned to the administrator rank on Nookipedia.
- Sunmarsh was promoted to the rank of bureaucrat on Nookipedia.
- The F-Zero Wiki is still locked to account creation.
- Spring Man is nominated to be a featured article on ARMS Institute.
- Marth is nominated to be a featured article on Fire Emblem Wiki.
- King K. Rool is nominated to be a featured article on Smash Wiki.
- The Donkey Kong Wiki has been removed from NIWA after its integration with the Super Mario Wiki in November 2019, having been around since 2010.
Poll Committee Discussion
Hey all, PF here with the first Poll Committee Discussion of the year, and by extension, the decade. Let’s check in on the latest polls for this month, shall we?
Poll Committee News
The committee decided a few weeks back to switch to a biweekly schedule for new polls since there really isn’t much Mario-related news these days – at least until the next Nintendo Direct rolls in. Other than that, we are currently reviewing applications to fill the vacant position in the Poll Committee. Check back soon to see who the new member will be!
|Would you like to receive a Mario game for the holidays?|
|If I receive a newer Mario game I would like it. 52.6% (616 votes)|
|I prefer receiving older Mario game than new ones. 8.2% (96 votes)|
|I prefer receiving another gift pertaining to the Mario franchise (plush, clothes, action figures, etc) 8.63% (101 votes)|
|I would be happy to receive a Mario game as a gift, however I would prefer a game from another franchise. 9.14% (107 votes)|
|I would be happy to receive a Mario game as a gift, however I would prefer a gift unassociated with video games. 1.71% (20 votes)|
|I would dislike receiving a Mario game as a gift. 0.68% (8 votes)|
|I do not care which gift I get. 13.15% (154 votes)|
|I do not celebrate Christmas. 5.89% (69 votes)|
|Total Votes: 1,171|
What are your thoughts on the content of Luigi's Mansion 3's upcoming Multiplayer Pack DLC? (Power Flotzo (talk), December 22, 2019)
|What are your thoughts on the content of Luigi's Mansion 3's upcoming Multiplayer Pack DLC?|
|I love the content offered by this Multiplayer Pack DLC, and I'm definitely looking forward to it. 19.27% (170 votes)|
|I like the new content proposed for the multiplayer mode, but I would have preferred new content for the story/single-player mode. 24.15% (213 votes)|
|I don't think Luigi's Mansion 3 needs DLC, and I'd rather see a different game receive DLC. 8.5% (75 votes)|
|I don't really like the content offered by this future DLC, and don't think about buying it. 3.17% (28 votes)|
|I didn't like Luigi's Mansion 3, so I don't plan on acquiring more content for this game. 0.45% (4 votes)|
|I don't like DLC in all its forms, and I don't intend to pay for more content than the base game. 2.49% (22 votes)|
|I prefer waiting for more information or gameplay regarding this DLC before having an opinion on it. 6.58% (58 votes)|
|I haven't played Luigi's Mansion 3, or otherwise have no opinion. 35.37% (312 votes)|
|Total Votes: 882|
- Would you like to receive a Mario game for the holidays? It seems over half of our voters definitely wanted to have a Mario game as a Christmas present, while around 19% would prefer another kind of gift. And I can understand this, given the many great games that came out in 2019. Hope you all had great holidays and got all the presents you wanted!
- What are your thoughts on the content of Luigi’s Mansion 3’s upcoming Multiplayer Pack DLC? The voters were split on this one, with at least 43% saying that they enjoy the content. Of this, approximately 24% would have preferred some form of add-on content for the main story or single-player mode. This could probably be because some people choose to play through the main game as opposed to multiplayer, much like me.
Well, that’s all the time I have for this month. Before I fade into the wind, make sure to check out the next edition of ‘’Poll Committee Discussion’’ and stay warm.
|The 'Shroom: Issue 154|
|Staff sections||Staff Notes • The 'Shroom Spotlight • Directorial Address|
|Features||Fake News • Fun Stuff • Palette Swap • Pipe Plaza • Critic Corner• Strategy Wing|