The 'Shroom:Issue 104/Fun Stuff
Hello everybody, SMB here. Packy is apparently busy with school and work obligations, so I am here to fill in for him in his absence. I would like to thank all of the Fun Stuff writers for getting their sections done and submitted without having been notified of the circumstances beforehand; it is great that we have a writing staff that is flexible, adjustable to situations, and is prepared to get work done. I would also like to welcome Meta Knight (talk) as the newest addition to the team; he is introducing his very own section, It's aMAZEing, so be sure to check out his piece and have fun! Otherwise, I do not have much else to say here, so please enjoy Fun Stuff and come back next month to see some special Holiday-themed activities!
Section of the Month
|Fun Stuff SECTION OF THE MONTH|
|2nd||Trivia||5||15.15||Marshal Dan Troop|
|3rd||Guess That Game!||2||6.06||Super Mario Bros.|
|3rd||Picross||2||6.06||The Pyro Guy|
Welcome to Quiz, a place where I... quiz you, on Mario stuff of course though.
- Which character is the Mario Doll a doll of?
- What is the parachuting kind of Bob-omb called?
- What does the Black Dragon item in Wario Land 4 breath at bosses?
- What is the final world in Wario World?
- What is the second level of World 5 in Yoshi's Island DS?
- What is the name of the clock character in Diddy Kong Racing?
- What level does the secret exit of Spinning Spirit House lead to?
- What was the job of Yasushi Otake in the Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games series?
- Who won the 1994 Nintendo Powerfest?
Hey guys! Welcome to Guess Who edition twelve! Because of finals and Poll Committee business, I’ve been kind of busy lately, but I’m still getting this edition of Guess Who to you, especially since you’re probably enjoying a nice Thanksgiving break.
I do have a few announcements, though. Next month, Guess Who will be celebrating a whole year of guessing. I would like to thank everyone for supporting this section. Because of you guys, Guess Who has won 9 Fun Stuff Section of the Month awards since January 2015, and even won overall best section for enormous Issue 100! Wow. Seriously, thanks, guys.
As the New Year approaches, I am requesting YOUR HELP on what section I should write! While Guess Who is great, I’m considering writing a brand new section called Fan Fiction, By You! Don’t worry; it’ll still be in Fun Stuff, because it is a game. It goes like this: I’ll be writing a story, then you readers choose how the story continues, which I will continue the next month, and so on. However, I want to make sure you readers support such decisions.
Whether or not this sounds interesting to you, please fill out this form. I want to see if you readers agree this idea before I make such a change. I really appreciate your support!
But for now! This month’s theme is…
Yeah, today we’re focusing solely on the turtles this time. Anything that resembles a turtle counts, so there’s a lot to guess from. Get ready to start guessing!
- You can tell how suicidal it is by the color of its shell.
- In Super Mario Bros. (you know, the original one), they were the weakest enemy before Goomba were invented.
- It has a very hard-to-imitate voice. Something like “guaguagua…?” Maaaaaybe?
Level 1: Easy
- This character can change into multiple forms, one representing a human.
- He used to have siblings, but then Nintendo then decided, “nah.”
- He looks very similar to when his father was young.
Level 2: Normal
- This guy can be a lot of things, ranging from friendly ref to angry attacker.
- According to a Catch Card in Super Paper Mario, it’s angry because someone made fun of his glasses. Oh, c’mon! I’m a glasses-wearer myself. Be proud of the glass! Be proud!!
- In some games, Mario is capable of hijacking its main mode of transportation.
Level 3: Hard
- This Koopa was named after a television show host from the 1980s.
- In New Super Mario Bros. U, he attacks by knocking a Pokey with a hammer. The Pokey doesn’t care.
- Half of his face has a star-shaped mark.
BONUS: What’s the Power-Up?
- Mario gains a move called the “Shell Dash.” He ducks into a shell and experiences being a Koopa that’s been kicked firsthand.
- If Mario ducks while using it, he becomes invincible to many attacks.
- Besides from its main game, it appears in Mario and Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story.
Warm-Up: Koopa Troopa! It’s the epitome of Koopas.Bowser Jr.!
BONUS: What’s the Power-Up?: Blue Shell!
Well, how did you score? Regardless, thank you for playing Guess Who, and I hope you learned some things about these Koopas. Again, if you didn’t, please consider filling out this form, and look forward towards the Anniversary Holiday Issue! Yeah! See you then.
Guess That Game!
Think you can solve this month's Guess That Game! puzzle? We have three challenges to solve: the first one is a Mario series video game, the second is a non-Mario Nintendo franchise video game, the third is a non-Nintendo video game. Give it a go!
Challenge 1: Mario Game
- This game has 16 main levels, and 4 levels in a separate mode.
- It has eight playable characters, each divided into certain categories.
- Rubberband AI... Blue shells... Oh goodness!
Challenge 2: Non-Mario, Nintendo Game
- This series is set in the future.
- The last entry in it came out in 2004.
- "Show me your moves!"
Challenge 3: Non-Nintendo Game (credit: Stooben Rooben)
- This game series features content licensed by NASA, Red Bull, and Jay Leno.
- The fourth game in this series is one of only two games on its exclusive console that display in 1080i.
- volvo pls
Non-Mario, Nintendo Game
That's all for this month! Be sure to check your answers and check back next time!
Did you know that...
- ...It's implied in Super Mario Land 2 that the events of Super Mario Land were part of Wario's plan to steal Mario's castle?
- ...Mario was given a hat because it was too difficult to animate hair in Donkey Kong?
- ...In the intro of Donkey Kong Jr., there are two Marios pulling the cage that contains Donkey Kong?
- ...A Magikoopa (possibly Kamek) was supposed to be playable in Mario Kart 64, but was removed and replaced by Donkey Kong?
- ...Snake was originally suggested to be in Super Smash Bros. Melee, but there wasn't enough time to put him in?
- ...Most of the enemies in Donkey Kong Country 2 are just regular Kremlings wearing pirate costumes?
Even though the fall season started in late September, it's that time of the year when more people start to notice it. The leaves are even more of a hassle, and the days start to get colder. With so many leaves scattered across the ground, it can be difficult to see where the ground is. To give the Autumn season a little more time to shine, I present to you my first ever maze! It is in the shape of a Leaf just like the ones that we hate cleaning out of our yards.
How to play:
- Copy the image in an art program (such as Paint, Photoshop, paint.net, etc.)
- Click the line tool and adjust the size as needed
- Use the line tool to get from arrow to arrow
- Zoom in and out as needed
Hey all! The Pyro Guy here, and this issue I'm giving you a set of fun, new, Picrosses!! For an explanation on how to play, see here. This time, the theme is;
That's right, folks, Guy Fawkes Night was the only thing I could think of, and that has nothing to do with Mario...
Hold it! So if Guy Fawkes Night (like Independence Day, but British and in November) is all about fireworks, and these two have been... fireworked, then there must be a solid connection! So I proudly present, this month's theme..
So, enjoy these wonderful picrosses while I think of a new theme for December, hopefully one that involves a tubby red guy with facial hair. Hold on...
How did you do? Hopefully they resembled something firework-y, and if they did, you're on the right track.
|Answers (click show, then click the pictures)|
WALUIGI BEING SHOT OUT OF A CANNON INTO A FIREWORK
A Bullet Bill. They explode, and that's what fireworks do, right?
That's it! I've thought of an 'original' theme for December! "What is it?" I hear nobody saying. *chuckles* Well, you'll have to stay tuned for the next issue to find out! And with that, good-bye!
|The 'Shroom 104|
|Staff sections||Opening Statement|
|Scavenger Hunt • The 'Shroom Spotlight|
|Sub-teams||Fake News • Fun Stuff • Palette Swap • Pipe Plaza • Critic Corner• Strategy Wing|
|Specials||Super Mario Maker Challenge Results • Ultimate Character Tournament|
|Front Page About Archives Comments Subscribe Spotlight Contact us Manual of Style Sign up |