Talk:Super Mario All-Stars
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
No merge 10-15
Merge with Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World, and Possibly the WiiMake. REASON: Both of the Latter pages are short, nearly stubs, and are simililar. Heck, the WiiMake is like Virtual Console, and the SMW version is just bulking up the package. The don't need seperate pages.
Proposer: LucariosAura (talk)
Deadline: 20 January 2011 23:59 GMT
- LucariosAura (talk)
- SWFlash (talk) I agree (SMAS+SMASSMW+SMASW)
- DK Fan (talk) Hm, makes sense.
- Mariofanatic64 (talk) SMAS and the 25th Anniversary Edition are exactly the same game. The only difference is the package and the extra gifts. All that would need to be done is put another two paragraphs for +SMW and 25th Anniversary respectively, and detail the (very mere) differences between them.
- Liamroche (talk) SMAS + SMW are the same, except with an extra game....
- Mpeng (talk) A detailed wiki is good, but excess pages on topics nearly the same are not.
- KirbyMario64 (talk) Yeah, I'd think it would be a smart idea too, since those are just mario-collection packs games.
- The Cosmic Vin (talk) Per everything but the opposes and negative comments
- Austinkshum (talk) It's all the same stuff but with extras.
- Magikrazy51 (talk) They're technically the same game, so a remake section is needed for Super Mario All-Stars.
- Zero777 (talk) I am Zero! Though the latter is different by a bit, the content is different, and there are slight changes made between each game. Also the 25th Anniversary deserves its own article. Zero signing out.
- SuperYoshiBros (talk) I agree with Zero. The 25th Anniversary deserves it's own article, especially with all the "extra" stuff. (CD, booklet etc.)
- Tucayo (talk) - Per all
- Ultramariologan (talk) Per all.
- MrConcreteDonkey (talk) Per all.
- Bowser's luma (talk) Per all.
- Arend (talk) Per all: the Anniversary edition deserves his own article. The SMW-included version also kinda deserves his own article, in some way: it has changes from the original SMW (ex: Luigi's height).
- MarioManiac (talk) Per all.
- WigglerWhoopin'Warrior135 (talk) Per all.
- Koopalmier (talk) While the World version could be merged with the original article, the 25th anniversary edition deserves its own.
- Mario&Kirby180 (talk) I agree with Koopalmier, the 25th anniversary edition does deserve its own because it has the soundtrack and history booklet.
- Steverocks27 (talk) Per all: It is much easier getting around the internet when someone does not merge pages.
- New Super Mario (talk) Per all. Zero especially.
- Nerfman2227 (talk) Per all. They are all different games, like Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World has, well, you know. Then the 25th Anniversary version has the History book and the wonderful CD.
- AnimalCrossingCool (talk)Per all.
- Done. Thought it was obvious, obviously wasn't, aploligies. LucariosAura (used to be specialk) 13:28, 6 January 2011 (EST)
With the articles being kept split, should we split all the Super Mario Advance games from the respective original games? Examples: Super Mario Advance (game) split from Super Mario Bros. 2 and Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 from Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. These remakes are more different from the originals than the Anniversary edition of All-Stars is to the original game. Though I disagree in merging them (see my vote) Arend (talk)
- It was split before, until a proposal like this one suddenly appeared on main page. SWFlash
- No, we are not splitting those articles again, regardless of what happens here: we already know that would be a mistake and that the wiki is better off with them merged. Also, just out of curiosity, how are the votes going to be tallied? There's a lot of Opposers who want the SNES games merged but the Wii port left separate, and there's a couple supporters who only want the Wii game merged... It would have made more sense to have multiple voting categories, imho. - Walkazo 11:41, 12 January 2011 (EST)