Talk:Mario Kart: Super Circuit
This is a featured article!
It represents the best of the best that the Super Mario Wiki has produced. If there are any edits that will improve the article's quality even further, make them.
|Edit the article · add to discussion (new section) · FA page|
Can anybody figure out how to get rid of that string at the top? Evan
- String? -- Ghost Jam
This article is basically a list. I don't think it's FA material. -- Son of Suns
- Yeah, I guess I should've read it more before jumping to conclusions. (Has someone already nominated it?) I was just amazed at all the content... I never really liked this game. --YellowYoshi398 00:25, 1 April 2007 (EDT)
Not "COMPLETELY" similar
Although this game is awfully similar to the original Super Mario Kart, I don't think the courses are exactly the same. If anyone objects to this, please speak up. MisterJaffffey G0 Mario Kart: Super Circuit
- Which sentence states the courses were exactly the same? They can be unlocked by getting a Gold Trophy from your first race in a cup, and then collecting atleast 100 coins in your 2nd time on that cup, ie Beat Mushroom Cup with a Gold Trophy the first time, and after that play it again, but this time collect 100 Coins, and then you'll unlock retro tracks from the Mushroom Cup in SMK. Sure the courses had diffrent graphics, but their design was based off the original tracks from the first Mario Kart. uper-Yoshi
Umm, no. You don't have to get gold on the first time, otherwise if you don't you can't unlock it. I had a bronze in a cup in 100cc and I've unlocked the Extra Cups in everything... but I haven't beaten the 150cc Extra Star or Extra Special cups :P. User:Dry Paratroopa/sig
- Oh ok. And thanks for fixing my horrible grammar. uper-Yoshi
Pretty sure he's a playable character so why is there nothing on him? If I'm wrong please tell me butt I belive I'm right.--Luigibros2 15:42, 20 December 2008 (EST)
- Waluigi isn't in this game, the playable characters are the same as in Mario Kart 64. Waluigi wasn't created when MK64 was released. --Grandy02 16:46, 20 December 2008 (EST)
- I agree with you, Grandy02. I know that Waluigi in Mario Kart: Super Circuit is a complete hoax, in which he didn't make his way until Mario Kart: Double Dash!! which expanded the cast close to the quantity of Mario Tennis. Why would some gamers make up such hoaxes? There were no secret characters until Double Dash!! in the Mario Kart series. But this is not the place for talking about the game, just some changes in the article. Just remove this Waluigi headline here and put in some "EDITORS!" warning so that users discussing this article should not mention anything about Waluigi and other hoaxes. --PrincessDaisyFanatic3883 03:55, 20 March 2012 (EDT)
I read this from a fellow website: Once getting gold on every single cup even the extra cups you get Waluigi. Then complete every circuit with Waluigi and get gold then you get space cup. I do NOT know if this is true, however >_<... Sorry if this does not work!
- It's not true. If if was true, we'd know about it years ago. Bazooka Mario BadaBoom! 21:11, 18 March 2013 (EDT)
Banana Bunch and Golden Mushroom?
Wait, disregard this. I learned that they aren't by ACTUALLY READING THE INSTRUCTION BOOKLET. Mr.C
- Nah. There's a category of items already (I can't show you because then it'll just appear at the bottom. Search 'Category:Mario Kart Items'). Mario JC
3DS Release on eShop
...only for those who buy a 3DS before the price cut on August 12. Click here
The ranking criteria is not 100% accurate, I do not know the exact requirements, but you can certainly get Single Star without getting all 36 points.
Yeah, the ranking is very finicky. For triple star rank, you can do a lot of mistakes in the normal cups and still get it, but it's insanely hard to get in the extra cups. Also, I know you don't need at least 130 coins (and 150 coins for the extra cups) for a triple star rank, because I have gotten it with less. A faster time is much more important than the total amount of coins for the ranks. ~ShadowMario3
- Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's not at all how it works... I thought I'd start getting the triple star ranks, so I did the first cup in 50cc. I always finished first, and even got like 160 coins, but I didn't break any of the records, and I only got an A rank (when I should've gotten double stars). Weird. Krisi 15:29, 1 October 2012 (EDT)
- There's this to piece together but there is no sunset unfortunately Ray Trace(T|C) 22:49, 29 October 2013 (EDT)
The yellow texts are difficult to read.
I'm not sure but I think the recent edit (http://www.mariowiki.com/index.php?title=Mario_Kart:_Super_Circuit&diff=prev&oldid=1780930) does not make any sense. Hippopo (talk)
- SC on it's own could mean a few things. Safe Cracker, Sailor Cape, Sample Course, etc. Just MKSC will do. 13:05, 24 March 2018 (EDT)
I'm wondering if we should re-consider how the characters stats are described, as the article lists their traits based on the generic stats given in the game (Speed and Weight), however those who have decompiled and tested the game extensively know that these traits more accurately reflect acceleration and speed respectively, thus the article is actually inaccurate, claiming that the heavyweights have lower top speed than lightweights and vice versa, etc. This inaccuracy can prove difficult for those who are approaching the game as newcomers, as the stats given in game do not reflect the accurate traits of each weight class and it's concerning that these inaccuracies are also present here on the Wiki where they should be accurately described. I don't want to act without consent of the community though, as this is a very well written featured article, despite the inaccuracies. I'm also happy to link the appropriate articles and data respectively if there is any concern with the abovementioned claims.