Is this name official? With the "k". -- Son of Suns
Yes, I checked the DKC2 manual, its with the "K". -- Sir Grodus
Gangplank Galleon 64
Merge to cannonball
Manuals, when talking about subjects relating to Kremlings, like to swap out hard c for k ("kommander," "kommonplace," "Barrel Kannon," etc) and these are functionally normal cannonballs, so they really ought to be merged (same goes for kannon (cannon), which is a stupid page title anyway but I digress). It would also solve where to put the DKC1 final boss projectile. Doc von Schmeltwick (talk) 21:46, May 11, 2022 (EDT)
- Completely agreed. We even have sources that use proper spelling. LinkTheLefty (talk) 13:13, May 12, 2022 (EDT)
Merge Kannonball to Cannonball and Kannon (cannon) to Cannon
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
merge articles 10-0
See above. The (inconsistent!) rendering with a "k" is merely a stylistic choice and not an actual indicator that these are a distinct subject.
- Doc von Schmeltwick (talk) - Blast this split! Also that's way too many instances of the word "cannon" in the section title...
- Super Game Gear (talk) - I felt this ever since the first time I saw these articles. Per proposer.
- Somethingone (talk) - Per stylistic choices just being stylistic choices, like the hyphen in this vote.
- Camwoodstock (talk) Per all, though we do have to wonder--how the hey did these articles even end up split like this?
- PrincessPeachFan (talk) Obvious choice.
- Arend (talk) Per all; the stylized spelling also appears to be exclusive to the English version of the DKC games, given that in the Japanese version of said games, Kannon and Kannonball simply use the Japanese words of "Cannon" and "Ball" respectively. I feel like it's only split for so long because the DKC games were made in the UK, so the English version would get priority... but c'mon, it's just a regular cartoon cannon and cannonball with nothing distinctly Kremling-ish.
- Hewer (talk) Per all.
- LinkTheLefty (talk) Not to mention the awkwardness with the identically-named "Kannon" Kremling.
- DrippingYellow (talk) Per all.
- Pseudo (talk) It's just a cannonball with no real distinctive traits. Per all.
@Camwoodstock: Checking the edit history, it appears to be one of those things from the early days of the wiki like when the Reverse Mushroom used to be merged with the ? Mushroom from the Super Mario All-Stars version of Super Mario Bros. 3 PrincessPeachFan (talk) 09:02, November 8, 2023 (EST)