Does the article need this many images? -- Sir Grodus
Well, they are different forms, o yea, I hit a jellyfish with a green shell and it started to glow green. This was in Super Mario Galaxy. Can this be added? I will though need some clarification that jellyfish glow the same color of the shell that hit them. Learner 11:05, 8 March 2008 (EST)
- The problem isn't that there are two many images, it's that there is too little text to support the images. Thus why it is marked to be rewritten and expanded. Myles
if they are named jammyfish the prima guide, that's what this article should be called right? Lu-igi board
"Jammyfish" is the English name given to the little ones which for some reason are lumped in with Preying Mantas on here. The big jellyfish in SMG and SMG2 are named ビリデカユラリ (Biridekayurari) in Japan, so I'm pretty sure they're a unique enemy. Vent (talk) 15:34, 10 August 2012 (EDT)
Super Mario Galaxy
If the unique Japanese name is anything to go by, the ones in the Galaxy games are derived from Jammyfish, and not the other way around, and ergo, may need split. Doc von Schmeltwick (talk) 03:15, 22 March 2018 (EDT)
- I agree. This idea is further matched by the filenames, where Jammyfish is Jellyfish and Jellyfish is JellyfishElectric, so it's most definitely the intent here. LinkTheLefty (talk) 03:42, 22 March 2018 (EDT)
Split YS and SMG/SMG2 Jellyfishes from this
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
split both 6-0-0-0
Ok. During the occuring bee proposal, i'd like to start this. This page is essentially just a list of Jellyfishes. They don't have any relation with the real world Jellyfishes. But neither Jelectros, Jellybeam, Jammyfish, and some other Jellyfish articles, and we have those split. Admittedly, Preying Mantas have a generic Japanese name.
- FanOfYoshi (talk) Per proposal.
- LinkTheLefty (talk) If the (big) Yoshi's Story bees get split, then it only makes sense to do the same with jellyfish. As for Super Mario Galaxy, see the above discussion (additionally, Jammyfish shouldn't be the derived species of a generic, real world subject).
- Doomhiker (talk) The SMG series Jellyfish's Japanese name calls them Big Electric Jammyfish, clearly intending them to be a parent species of Jammyfish, a non-generic enemy. As for the YS Jellyfish, they also have a non-generic Japanese name and in this case they look quite different from other generic Jellyfish (It should also be noted that Jellyfish (Donkey Kong Jungle Beat) are split from regular Jellyfish, and that they also have a unique look and Japanese name even if their English name comes from a internal file that was most likely called "Jellyfish" for convenience).
- Doc von Schmeltwick (talk) Per my thoughts in the above section and on similar proposals.
- Toadette the Achiever (talk) Per all.
- Sdman213 (talk) Per all.
Just split SMG/SMG2 Jellyfishes
Just split YS Jellyfishes
Don't split anything
I honestly don't see this proposal as necessary, at least in regard to the YS jellyfish; the bee proposal is on the verge of passing, and the frog one already passed. I would have just waited for the bee proposal to pass; the precedent that would be set by those two proposals would justify splitting the YS jellyfish and clams without having to wait two whole weeks, since the reasons for splitting them are exactly the same. 21:43, 28 January 2019 (EST)
- @7feetunder there might be a disagreement if that happens (case in point: Bazooka Mario). -- FanOfYoshi 05:19, 29 January 2019 (EST)