- I agree. It should be Dream Event. Fawfulfury65
- It is much easier if you contact a patroller, sysop, or bureaucrat to block the wandal. You can find who is who in the recent changes (which is also located at the left column, under "navigation".) KaBoom! 22:05, 12 July 2015 (EDT)
Split Plus and/or Duel Events from this page
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
split both 5-0-0-0
At the moment, the main coverage of Dream and Plus Events is on this article, with the only other stuff being very brief mentions on their respective games' pages. While they do share some similarities with Dream Events, they are very different types of events and I don't think that they should all be bundled to together on the same page. I'm proposing that we split them off, onto Duel Event and Plus Event, with mentions and links to the other types of event in the openings of each page. The pages will consist of a list of the events immediately after the split, but in the future I plan to expand it into a table which briefly details some changes from the original events and includes images and links to the original events, but I'd like to have made all of the relevant event articles first. I've basically summarised the main differences between Dream and Plus/Duel events below.
- Plus Events take place in the exact same place as their respective Olympic events, rather than a Mario, Sonic or new location.
- The gameplay is almost identical to the regular version, with minor changes to incorporate the new elements. However, controls for movement, shooting, etc. are identical, with a few new controls in one or two events.
- Most events have the same scoring/objective (with a few exceptions), rather than an all new system. Even the ones with a changed system are still very similar.
- The game itself treats them as an extended version of the regular events rather than something separate, using the same set of characters, accessing them by pressing a switch button on the menu and adding "Plus" after the event name as opposed to before with dream events.
- Duel Events don't take place in Mario, Sonic, new or the regular event's location, but in a different real-world locations, which aren't Olympic venues.
- The Duel Events use the same controls as the regular version of the events (With the addition of item/attack usage ones), and follow many of the same rules.
- The Duel Events instead use a completely different scoring system, in which points are built up and can only be won if a point is scored in the regular way (e.g. scoring a goal), which also awards five bonus points and halves the opponent's built-up points.
- Duel Football adds no extra Mario or Sonic to the event whatsoever, but introduces Charge Attacks to attack the players, points for tackling and slide attacks.
- Items are the only added Mario and Sonic content in Duel Volleyball and Rugby Sevens, everything else is altered gameplay mechanics.
- BBQ Turtle (talk) Per proposal.
- Kolafloro (talk) This needed to be done before.
- Owencrazyboy9 (talk) Definitely.
- Alex95 (talk) - Sure, per all.
- TheFlameChomp (talk) Per proposal.