Talk:Donkey Kong Country Returns
|Donkey Kong Country Returns has won a Mario Award in the Seventh Awards Ceremony!!
A small question: This is the official name, right? ¢oincoll€ctor
- Oh, OK. Looks like I didn't hear the name from the blogs I visited...
- 1 What the heck...
- 2 Animal Buddies?
- 3 What about the Pig?
- 4 Possible Enemies
- 5 Nintendo.com
- 6 Kremlings
- 7 The first piece of trivia
- 8 Source
- 9 Tikis
- 10 Cameos
- 11 Tiki Taki Tribe!!
- 12 Golden Temple
- 13 References
- 14 Pre-ordering at GamePlanet (Mexico)
- 15 Enemies section
- 16 Different versions
- 17 Beta section
- 18 3D
- 19 how to organize articles
- 20 Trilogy issues
- 21 Enemy names
What the heck...
Does anyone else think the animal buddies will return? User:DK Fan
- And how does this help the article? ' BluePikminKong497 23:21, 7 July 2010 (UTC)
- The newest trailer shows Rambi in action!!! Just watch it. User:DK Fan
What about the Pig?
The Pig who marks the checkpoint, he's a character. Why isn't he mentioned? you can see him in the walkthrough on youtube, please someone edit that part --Sergiomonty 19:41, 22 June 2010 (UTC)
I know this sounds like I'm speculating, but during the sunset stage, DK is seen bashing some birds. Do you think those are Neckies? And also, I'm wondering about Jungle Hijinx, as the level not only contained Neckies, but also Kritters. Do you think they'll be replaced? Supermariofan14
- The Jungle Hijinx in DKCR is completely different than the Jungle Hijinx in DKC, so yeah, the enemies will be different. I'm not too sure about Neckies though. Fawfulfury65
On Nintendo.com it said you can play with 2 players and have one be dk and one be diddy. Is this true? New Super Mario
I know it's been said that they won't appear, but Nintendo is full of surprises. For example, they said that some kind of aliens took Peach in SMG1, but when it was released, it turned out to be Bowser. I think K. Rool and possibly the Kremlings will have a part DKC Returns/4. User:DK Fan
- Please only use this talkpage to discuss matters with the article. Something like that should be discussed on the forums. Fawfulfury65
The first piece of trivia
"The first DKC game without a DKL follow up"
...source? HavocReaper48 00:19, 18 October 2010 (UTC)
- Do we really need it? Supermariofan14
- I guess you'll just ignore that HUGE GREEN NOTICE on the top of the page then? Really? If DKC is to return, so is DKL in my opinion, if not I expect an official source . HavocReaper48 23:13, 18 October 2010 (UTC)
I made an article for the Tiki Tak Tribe but it got deleted! What the Green Shell happened? --You got Stung! By the Scorpion! 03:33, 15 November 2010 (UTC)
- First of all, it had some speculation in it, which is not allowed. Plus, it was a stub (there's a no new stub rule in effect). Wait until the game is released. Fawfulfury65
- I noticed that before, but I wasn't positively sure if that was Mr. Game and Watch or just some random person in the background. But if it is him, a references section should be made when the game is released. Fawfulfury65
Tiki Taki Tribe!!
I will put some words and might edit grammar if anybody makes a New Tiki Taki Tribe article. I will do the same thing for Golden Temple. I can't wait for the game! JUST 2 DAYS AWAY!! YEAH!
The preceding unsigned comment was added by MarioMaster2011 (talk).
Each of the eight areas contains one secret level that has the Rare Orb at the end. Perhaps adding "Rare Orb" page would be in order for DKCR.
The preceding unsigned comment was added by NightShadow (talk).
Pre-ordering at GamePlanet (Mexico)
Those who pre-ordered (me included) at GamePlanet stores in Mexico received a backpack gift with the logo on it.
Is it worth adding it to the Trivia? Also, I don't know if it's a promotion exclusive to Mexico... Kiddy14 02:40, 14 January 2011 (EST)
I don't like how the enemies section is organized. It is kind of misleading... Like, they enemies are listed under the world that they first appear in, but they aren't listed under any other sections. This could make someone think that an enemy, such as a Screaming Pillar, only appears in the Jungle world, and not the Ruins world too, because it is only listed under the Jungle Enemies section. It's also messed up because all the Tiki enemies are in a whole different section than the others. I think the enemies should just be put into alphabetical order, so it's easier to find the enemy you are looking for. Fawfulfury65
Here's something that should be added to the Trivia or have it's own section.
Some Game Discs are different in these aspects:
1. 6-K Perilous Passage:
Version 1: The electric enemies turn into yellow smoke after you get to a certain point.
Version 2: The electric enemies fly away after you get to a certain point of the game.
2. 1-B Mugly's Mound (Time Attack)
Version 1: You have to get under 37 seconds to get Shiny Gold
Version 2: You have to get under 38 seconds to get Shiny Gold
3. 8-3 Roasting Rails
Version 1: You go normally.
Version 2: You fall through the second-to-last rail segment before the first grassy surface (after getting into the cart)
--Upgrader1 19:59, 26 April 2011 (EDT)
A 3D remake of the game was announced literally about 10 or 15 minutes ago. Someone who has more time and isn't seriously in school like a certain someone writing in the discussions right now should add on to the article with relevant information. Platitudinous (talk) 09:46, 14 February 2013 (EST)
how to organize articles
Depends on the differences. For example, since Super Mario 64 DS was very different from the N64 version, it has its own page, but Super Mario Advance 2 is integrated within Super Mario World's page. If I were to guess for this one, it would be integrate, but we don't know yet. Mahboi (talk) 16:34, 14 February 2013 (EST)
Shouldn't we make the level, Animal Buddy, Item, Barrels, and Enemies sections like we do in DKC 1, 2, and 3? It makes the article worse than the original trilogy's. --SuperLuigiBros. (talk) 20:30, 30 June 2013 (EDT)
- Worry no more ! I've already placed the levels and their corresponding data in a table, and now I'm waiting to see if people approve with my change. If yes, I shall continue doing so with Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. Anyone in for help or review? Eh...? -- -- 05:53, 24 July 2015 (EDT)
Some enemies from this game have names which I presume are conjectural, since they are not cited on the wiki and their source is currently mysterious. Where did "Giant Pillar", "Flaming Tiki Zing", "Big Zing", "Spore Chomp", "Mega Squeekly" etc. come from? The Prima guide does not offer these names. Does anybody know a reliable source of official info on DKCR, aside from the Prima guide and the game itself? -- --