From the Super Mario Wiki
Giga Lakitu is a boss appearing in the game Super Mario Galaxy 2. He is a Lakitu (possibly a Lakitu King) that is fought in the Yoshi Star Galaxy in the mission "Spiny Control".
Screenshot of Giga Lakitu.
Giga Lakitu is an overweight Lakitu that has a purple shell and rides on a purple cloud with yellow eyes (same color scheme as Dark Boo). He has a gold crown (which may indicate he's a king) and wears a pair of glasses along with a red and white ruff around his neck.
Giga Lakitu, Mario, and Yoshi.
Giga Lakitu mainly attacks by throwing Spinies at Mario. Mario will need to use Yoshi for the battle. Luckily, there is a Yoshi Egg in the area. After Giga Lakitu throws a Spiny, Mario will need to use Yoshi to eat it. After the Spiny has been eaten, Yoshi will need to spit out the enemy at Giga Lakitu. After he is hit, Giga Lakitu will throw even more Spinies and move at a faster pace. After Giga Lakitu is hit again, he will unleash a new attack. He will grow bigger and move around the stage, releasing lightning from underneath his cloud. This attack will instantly defeat Yoshi. After he is done with the attack, Giga Lakitu will continue throwing even more Spinies. After he is hit once more, he will be knocked back and fall through his cloud. Mario is granted the Power Star after this. Giga Lakitu can be stunned by shooting a star bit at him. He will also sometimes stop and laugh at the player, leaving him open to be attacked by the player.
Names in other languages
- Giga Lakitu attacks in a very similar way to Lakithunder, a boss character from New Super Mario Bros..
- Giga Lakitu is the only boss whose name is not mentioned anywhere (dialogue or mission title) in the game.
- Giga Lakitu's fight theme is the same as the Mandibug stack and Boulder Bowl Galaxy's "Rolling Crabber Romp" mission's theme. At the same time, Giga Lakitu's fight theme is a remix of Baron Brrr's and the Deep Dark Galaxy Undergrunt Gunner's theme from Super Mario Galaxy.
- If the player leaves the area while battling Giga Lakitu and waits for a few seconds, Giga Lakitu will take a nap until the player reenters the arena. This can also be used as another strategy, leaving him immobile and an easier target if Yoshi has a Spiny in his mouth.
- Within the game's code, there is an unused texture of Giga Lakitu without his glasses.
- ^ Super Mario Galaxy 2: Prima Official Game Guide