|This article's title might be represented alternatively as Cloud Mario or Cloud Luigi.
Cloud Mario is a powered-up variation of Mario that appears in Super Mario Galaxy 2. It is the most common power-up in the game. The Fluffy Bluff Galaxy and Cloudy Court Galaxy make prominent use of Cloud Mario. After grabbing a Cloud Flower, Mario can create a cloud by shaking the Wii Remote and use it as a platform for a short time, after which it disappears. However, Mario can only do this three times; otherwise, he can grab another Cloud Flower to refill the number of clouds he has. Every time Mario creates a cloud, one of the clouds behind him disappears, letting the player know how many clouds he has left. Like Bee Mario, when Cloud Mario touches water, he returns to regular Mario. Mario can also jump farther and fall more slowly when the power-up is active. Additionally, in this form, he can step on some clouds that would disappear had he stepped on them in his normal state.
Cloud Mario also appears in the Puzzle Plank Galaxy, and this power-up is used to defeat the boss Bugaboom. In Throwback Galaxy, Cloud Mario is needed to collect five Silver Stars. In the Starshine Beach Galaxy, Cloud Mario is needed to climb to the top of the Cloudy Tower on the main planet. In Bowser Jr.'s Boom Bunker, Cloud Mario is needed to climb high enough to Ground Pound the cockpit of Bowser Jr.'s Boomsday Machine and defeat Bowser Jr. Cloud Mario's final appearance is in the Grandmaster Galaxy, and it is needed to navigate an electric maze.
A Cloud Mario costume for Miis appears as an unlockable element in Mario Tennis Open. In order to get it, the player must turn ten characters into star characters.
 Names in Other Languages
||Nube de Mario
- The faces on Cloud Mario's clouds resembles the one on a Lakitu's.
- If Cloud Mario or Cloud Luigi falls into a black hole, they will leave a white trail.
- Ironically, enemies such as Goombas can walk on Mario's clouds, which he cannot achieve in normal form. Coins can also stand on one of his clouds.
- Unlike the normal clouds which are tangible only above, the clouds created by Cloud Mario are tangible in any part of it except underneath.
- Clouds similar to those Cloud Mario makes also appear in Super Mario 3D Land, appearing in 1-3 and 5-5. Here, Mario can stand on them in any form. Cloud Mario himself doesn't appear in the game.