Welcome to the Super Mario Wiki!, a collaborative knowledge-base dedicated to the Mario franchise. I'm UltraMario3000, and I, along with the other users of this wiki, are glad to have you as a member/editor. If you have any questions, just post it on the FAQ talk page or ask an experienced member and/or sysop.
The following articles contain guidance and information about reading, authoring, and participating in the Super Mario Wiki community. If this is your first time visiting, please read our Introduction.
How do I do that?
- Article – Help creating, expanding, improving an article
- Babel – Help for users who speak foreign languages.
- Chat – Information on using the MarioWiki Chatroom
- Color codes – Help translating colors to hexadecimal
- Communication – How to handle and use talk pages
- CSS – Help creating an unique monobook.css file for each user
- DPL – Help creating dynamic page lists.
- Format – Help formatting text
- Gallery – Help creating a picture gallery
- Glossary – Help understanding terms used on the wiki
- Icon – Help adding an icon
- Image – Help putting an image on a page
- License – Help selecting the license for uploaded media
- Link – Help creating a link
- List – Help creating a list
- Redirect – Help creating a redirect
- Media – Image, audio, and video information
- Signature – Help creating a signature
- Table – Help creating a table
- Template – Help creating and using a template
- User preferences – Help with your preferences
- Userbox – Help creating a userbox
- Vandalism – Help stopping a vandal
- YouTube – Help embedding YouTube videos for your userpage only
You are welcome to browse through the following categories:
Things you can do
Here's Some Editing Tips!
- When editing an article, make sure you use your best possible grammar. We are very serious about grammar, and your edit can be undone if it is poorly written. If you are not sure your edit may turn out the way you want it, trying using the preview button!
- Need more edits? Try joining a PipeProject, or better, make a project of your own! There are many articles to improve on the Super Mario Wiki, and your hard work will always pay off!
- When you edit a mainspace article, do not use the word "you". Instead, use words like "the player" or "Mario". For more information, check out MarioWiki: Manual of Style.
- Avoid excessively editing your userpage or user talkpages. Though it may be fun to chat with the community, you should try to lend a hand in fixing the Wiki's articles. Also, if you intend to upload personal images, please only upload a total of four, as uploading any more is just a waste of space, and they will get deleted if you are over the limit.
- Make sure you Italicize names of games, TV shows, and movies when editing a mainspace article. You do not have to do this when editing userpages or user talkpages.
Feel free to delete this message when you're done reading it. I hope this information is helpful, and that you'll have a great experience contributing to our knowledge-base and our community. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask me and/or a sysop. Remember to enjoy your experience here and also have fun!
Just a reminder
Please remember to select the Video game screenshot license before uploading the image, and add the game title category to the image. [["insert game title" Images]]
That's Walkazo's job!
Passed proposals on removing logos in infoboxes is Walkazo's job! She spent it all week!
- “I forgot this game, thanks Goomblob (Ultra Fuzzy)”
- —User:Baconator, Bungii!
You're welcome! Hey do you wanna be my friend?
PS.: I've changed my name to "Ultra Fuzzy". Mechanical Dirge (Talk • Cont) 09:43, 28 September 2011 (EDT)
Hi, i'm YoshiKong. I just want to thankyou for making those slight changes with the Wario Land 4 article and some related articles. Like correcting some speeling mistakes that I made and stuff.
Shokora (talk · edits)
HI i would like to be friends with you I like your name anyway please accept my friend request if you do my login is meeper (talk)
You stole the code from Meeper's userpage! You too, Baconator?
MEGAMUSHROOM82 Again vandalization
I've noticed your uploads are rather poor. I just replaced the image. File:Skull crate.png I have a guide to help you contribute better quality images: User:Wildgoosespeeder/sandbox Give it a read some time. It's a work in progress but its aim is to make screenshots easy to take and discourage certain kind of uploads. --Wildgoosespeeder (talk) (Stats - Contribs) 04:30, 5 July 2016 (EDT)