The 'Shroom:Issue 112/Fun Stuff
You're probably in Hawaii right now. Or SoCal. Or London. Or your couch. The point is that you are most likely having a very relaxing break right now. "So," you may ask, "why should I bother reading Fun Stuff?"
You see, Fun Stuff is the epitome of exquisite design, built straight from the ground up and indisputably world-class. All our readers can't be wrong about us; after all, Fun Stuff is built by fun-seeking pioneers, for fun-seeking pioneers. That Picross right there? Hand-designed square-by-square for the utmost quality. That Quiz? Written based on top standards from the most meticulous of research. That maze? Hand-drawn with quill and papyrus, a result of masterful artistry and cutting-edge philosophical advancements. That story? Triple-checked by Donald J. Trump himself. We do the work so you can have more fun for less by visiting us, your one-stop-shop for all things fun.
Section of the Month
|FUN STUFF SECTION OF THE MONTH|
|3rd||It's aMAZEing!||5||13.51||Meta Knight|
Silly Stories, By You!
Special thanks to our anonymous contributors.Read Chapter 3 here! Read Chapter 2 here!
Read Chapter 1 here!
Sentences in bold are ideas directly taken from you, the readers. Thank you for your continuous support!
Fluffy McKittyKat III
"We have to find a way to enter the bathroom," Mario spoke to Luigi. "I've got the jack-in-the-box here." Mario pointed a large pocket in his overalls. "We gotta deploy the toy in the toilet, lure Trump over, and then run away as fast as possible."
The bathroom was conveniently around the corner, but it was heavily guarded. As the Mario Bros. peered down the wall, they saw for the first time Trump's mythical and mysterious bathroom attendant, FluffyMcKittyKat III.
McKittyKat was trained at the prestigious Trump University Military Academy with a 4.0 GPA; he had learned the values to work hard in life; that his word was his bond, and the only limit to his achievements was the strength of his dreams and his willingness to work for them. He had worked his way up the ladder, from Intern to Servant to Personal Bodyguard, and now the Bathroom Attendant, the second most coveted job of all, as the official collector of "raw angus beef." He was so dedicated to his job that he had never once in his life left his station. The only job more prestigious was the Culinary Department, where the aforementioned beef was collected and carved into glorious Trump Steaks, the most revered "meat" in the country.
The passion for steak was in no way a secret to the Mario Bros; McKittyKat frequently talked about his dreams and hope for the future on television. It was his ultimate passion; it was his ultimate weakness. And so Mario, staring at the final adversary between him and the Golden Throne, developed a plan.
"Mr. McKittyKat," Mario said while approaching the feline officer, "I am an official of the Culinary Committee. You have been assigned to kitchen duty. Obey my orders and go now."
The cat stared.
"Go now," Mario repeated."As you have walked within ten feet of the Bathroom Department, it is my legal right and duty to inspect you," the cat replied.
"Do you want that kitchen duty?"
"Will you let me inspect you?"
"We're on a tight schedule. You gotta come now."
"Sorry, but I am bound by law to inspect all that walk 10 feet ne-"
"Look, I can't wait all day. Do you accept the nomination?"
"Sir," McKittyKat repeated nervously, "it is my legal right and du-"
"You know, we have plenty of boys and girls around the nation waiting to handle Trump's Steaks. If you continue to harass us with your inspections, I'm afraid I'd rather give the nomination to someone more respectable."
Upon these words, McKittyKat, torn between a call to duty and a lifelong dream, broke down. "Why must you make it so difficult?" he cried. "Let me inspect you!"
"Very well. I assume you don't want the job. Quite surprising indeed. I shall move on."
"No, no, I want the job! But if it means breaking the code of honor to achieve my dreams, then I'll-"
"-Turn down the countries most coveted career? The most luxurious, well-paid, well-respected occupation of all time? Have you forgotten how to dream big?"
"Please!! Let me inspect you."
"You have wasted my time enough. I'll be on my way to see Mike Pe-"
"No, sir, I'll go! Please! Wait! Where's the kitchen?! I don't know this place enough myself."
"Just go down the hall, jump through the window on the left, and you should be there," Mario replied. The cat obliged.
"That was too easy," remarked Luigi, as the brothers heard the expected splat of cat hitting pavement. The jack-in-the-box was now safely deployed in the bowl. All they had to do now was to lure Trump into the bathroom, which was easier said than done.
"Ooh, a Trump Steak!" said Mario, centering the jack-in-the-box to the center of the toilet and bumping the Steak to the side of the bowl, making a mighty splash.
It's July, but chances are that it's been insanely hot. Unless you're in Australia or something, this weather has been brutal. I have to keep a fan on me constantly. Hopefully you all have more efficient ways to beat the heat than I do. For this month, we have a pretty hot enemy. A Lava Bubble has volunteered to be this month's maze. He doesn't seem too happy that I've drawn on it, though. Oh well. There are multiple different pathways this time, and your goal is to make it to the star. Huh, kinda like Super Mario 64, now that I think of it. No matter what path you take, though, there's sure to be a blazing heat.
How to play:
- Copy the image into an art program (such as Paint, Photoshop, paint.net, etc.)
- Click the line tool and adjust the size as needed
- Use the line tool to get from arrow to arrow
- Zoom in and out as needed
Power-ups have appeared in pretty much every Mario game, and the number of them keeps on growing with each installment! Today, I've created some puzzles based on these gameplay mechanics, and I hope you enjoy.
How to play:
- Any program with a fill tool works for this; just copy and paste the pictures onto the program and follow these steps.
- Each number on a row or column represents a line of filled in squares on that row or column.
- There must be at least one blank square in-between each line of filled in squares.
- Do it right, and you can create a picture!
Hi! Welcome to the Mystery Images section. This month, I provided you three Mystery Images puzzles and you must find out a character, a game and a location. Good luck!
Game 1 - The character
Game 2 - The location
Game 3 - The game
|Game 1: Donkey Kong! Dinosaur Land! Mario Party 5!|
Have an idea for a theme? Suggest it here!
It's time to get original! That's why instead of testing of testing your trivia knowledge, this month's Guess Who will test your inference skills by only giving you quotes. Using logic and any knowledge you may have, figure out which character I'm referring to.
Yes, it's harder than usual. But everyone's loves a good challenge, right?
Theme: Special Quotes-Only Edition
- "Let's-a go!"
- "You know what they say: all toasters toast toast."
Level 1: Easy
- "Jr., I've got something...difficult...to tell you about Princess Peach..."
- "Tough luck, Mario! Princess Toadstool isn't here..."
- "Go ahead--just try to grab me by the tail! You'll never be able to swing ME around!"
Level 2: Medium
- "Pick a box. Its contents will help you on your way."
- "I'm the best!"
- "Thanks! Here's a gift for you. Just head through the door!"
Level 3: Hard
- "Welcome to [name of character]'s Magical Circus, Mario!!! Would you like to have some fun with these magical balls? See if you can balance yourself on top of them like I can. Ha Ha Ha!"
- "Lying is an excellent trait!"
- "How far can Mario go? I hope he doesn't make it this far. [Bowser] has many complicated tricks waiting for him in the Dark Land."
Bonus: Good Luck
- "If Toad doesn't get us outta here soon, I'm gonna eat this mattress!"
- "Watch it, gang! His toes are loaded!"
- "I never saw so many tonsils in all my life!"
- "Luigi, are you a man or a Mouser?"
Warm-up: Mario! Bowser! |
How'd you do? Thanks for playing, and please check back August for more Guess Who!
There's too many Marios loose in this section
Welcome to Quiz, a place where I... quiz you, on Mario stuff. After my trip to the Silverstone racing circuit, I'm feeling in quite a racey mood, so this quiz will be about the Mario Kart series. Happy guessing!
- What is the only Mario Kart game to have DLC?
- Which characters have been playable in every main series game?
- What four engine classes have been available in every main series game?
- What item only appears in Mario Kart Wii?
- How many arcade titles are there?
- What two characters from Mario Kart: Double Dash!! weren't playable again in future titles?
- What game series does Don-chan originate from?
- What is the name for the Mario Kart tech demo designed for the Game Boy Advance?
- What is the objective of Mission 6-1 in Mario Kart DS?
|The 'Shroom: Issue 112|
|Staff sections||Staff Notes • The 'Shroom Spotlight • Poll Chairperson Address|
|Features||Fake News • Fun Stuff • Palette Swap • Pipe Plaza • Critic Corner• Strategy Wing|
|Front Page About Archives Comments Subscribe Spotlight Contact us Manual of Style Sign up |