Talk:Nintendo Power 20th Anniversary Comic
I was thinking of making an article for the original Howard & Nester/Nester's Adventures, which covered Mario twice. I think maybe that article should be made and this should be moved there; it's probably related enough as a tribute to the old comics and a part of their canon. YELLOWYOSHI398
Doesn't this belong to Publication references (where the two older Howard & Nester comics are mentioned)? Mario characters don't appear in this comic, Nester just mentions a few Mario media and plays Mario Kart Wii with his son. --Grandy02 13:35, 3 March 2009 (EST)
Shouldn't this the merged with Publication references? I know the article extremely detailed, but a lot of the information should be cut out. Why is there a separate section for the characters? This comic may have many references to the Mario series, but this article is still hinging only on references.--Knife (talk) 22:19, 21 January 2010 (EST)
- I believe Son of Suns said yes to merging a while back, although it never was(see the first section on this talk page). So yes, it should be. --Garlic Man (talk)
Is this article needed?
As big a fan of Nintendo Power as I am, I don't feel like this page is exactly needed for this wiki. It'd probably fare better merged with Nintendo Power or List of Mario references in publications, as Son of Suns (talk) said above. I don't feel like there's any reason for this page to have it's own article. If we need to have a page related to Nintendo Power, Nester, the original NP mascot, redirects here so he seems like a likely candidate. 14:19, 19 January 2017 (EST)
Do something about this page
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
So, since my previous question above has gone unanswered for a while, I thought I'd try a proposal.
This page sucks. Badly. For one thing, it is a rather large (and poorly written, if the rewrite template is of any indication) synopsis of a two page unnamed comic that appeared in only one issue of Nintendo Power. Son of Suns (talk), Knife (talk), and Garlic Man (talk) above all agreed that this page should be merged to List of Mario references in publications, but it appears that that was never done. So, since nothing has been done yet, there's a few options for how this could go through:
Option #1: Delete this page:
Just remove this. I see no reason why this comic out of all of the comics published in Nintendo Power deserves a recognition. It may be the 20th anniversary comic, but there were also comics for the final 285th issue, and the 100th issue iirc. Where are they? Consequently, Nester would redirect to Nintendo Power.
Option #2: Revise this page
That rewrite template is glaring, isn't it? If you don't think this page should be deleted, then how about we get to work on it. Currently, there are three subjects here: The comic itself, Nester the mascot, and his unnamed son (which may eventually have been named Maxwell or "Max" in the final comic, but that's probably speculation). If anything, this page should be moved to the currently redirected Nester and cover his appearances in Nintendo Power. Not my preferred choice since Nester himself has no real relation with the Mario universe.
Option 3: Merge this page
Merge this information with Nintendo Power. To be more specific, have Nintendo Power cover the comics on its page, but only the comics that make some reference to the Mario franchise. Like with option one, there is little reason to give this comic its own page. But this option is to merge this information, along with adding the other comics, to the Nintendo Power page rather than outright delete it.
Option 4: Do nothing
Despite the information above, the conjectural name, and the rewrite template, you for some reason or another wish to keep this article as it is.
Option #1: Delete this page
- Alex95 (talk) - My preferred option is #3, but I wouldn't mind outright deleting this page.
- Time Turner (talk) I think covering these comics in detail would extend too much into coverage creep. Nintendo Power is given an article because of its relevance to the Mario franchise, but each and every individual comic is not relevant at all on its own merits. If a comic references the franchise, make note of it it in List of Mario references in publications and perhaps the Nintendo Power page, and if a comic outright depicts numerous characters and other elements from the franchise, I'm fine with giving separate pages for it, but otherwise, there's no reason for us to go into detail about the comics.
Option #2: Revise this page
Option #3: Merge this page
- Alex95 (talk) - My preferred option, since Nintendo Power could use an expansion as well.
- Owencrazyboy9 (talk) - I might also add that the current image used for this comic is of ridiculously low-quality. Per Alex95.
- TheFlameChomp (talk) Per proposal. I don't feel this deserves its own page, because the name is conjectural, and the only Mario related parts are when Mario Kart Wii is played and the references to other Mario media.
- LuigiMaster123 (talk) Per all.
- Yoshi the SSM (talk) Per all.
- Wildgoosespeeder (talk) This page has very little to do with Mario. Better merged with Nintendo Power.
Option #4: Do nothing
- How much detail would be given to each comic, assuming they are merged per option #3? Would it include a summary of the comics, or would they only make note of the Mario-related reference (and the relevant context, if needed)? Hello, I'm Time Turner. 22:39, 5 September 2017 (EDT)
I agree something should be done about this page, but wouldn't it be better to merge it with List of Mario references in publications instead of Nintendo Power, seeing as we're just covering the Mario references in each comic? MrConcreteDonkey 20:10, 6 September 2017 (EDT)