Talk:Johnson (Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door)
I know he haves a name and all... but don't 'ya thinks he's perhap a bit too minor to have an article? All he do is get mentioned by Lord Crump at the beggining of PM: TTYD. He doesn't have any characteristic that separate him from the average X-Naut , no plot involvement and you don't fight him in battle. All the above also applies to Johnson (Koopa). --Blitzwing 18:10, 14 February 2008 (EST)
- I agree. He doesn't even say ANYTHING. My Bloody Valentine
- While he's one of the genric X-Nauts, we don't really get to see him. Red is much more important, distinct and revalant to the game he appeared in. But he doesn't have his own article. --Blitzwing 20:14, 14 February 2008 (EST)
- For both Johnsons? Grapes
- The Koopa Johnson is not implied, since we can directly tell who he is. The X-Naut Johnson is implied because even though we know he looks like an ordinary X-Naut, we can never really tell which X-Naut he is. He is never separated from the other enemy X-Nauts. The only implied characters that stay as articles are ones that have high story/sub-story significance, like King Croacus (sp?) or the Chestnut King. Knife (talk) 18:50, 25 October 2008 (EDT)
Well the true. Ambidextria
- The majority here supported a merge though. Isn't this the way talk page discussions are solved? Just like proposals are? — Stooben Rooben 00:12, 20 January 2009 (EST)
- Per St00by. Nobody even commented right now, so we should have a thorough discussion about why or why not we should merge. uper-Yoshi
If no one objects to the action, it can be done. But I obviously object. You can however call a vote and after a week, depending on the results, actions can be taken. But there has to be an actual vote, not just discussion points. -- Son of Suns (talk)
This is supossed to be the Ultimite Mario Database so we need all Mario Information Minor or not and that includes Johnson. User:Mario freak
Merge to Implied Characters
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
Sure he has a name, but that could have been any X-Naut there. I don't think this Johnson should have his own article. The reason the Koopa Johnson should have an article is because he was ACTUALLY seen as opposed to this Johnson who looked identical to the tons of other X-Nauts there.
- Tails777 (talk) Per my proposal
- Knife (talk) Per my reasons given above.
- Walkazo (talk) - Per all, including the pro-merge comments above the TPP.
- Lindsay151 (talk) Per all!
- YoshiGo99 (talk) Per all.
- Bop1996 (talk) Per all the reasons given above for merging.
- Bowser's luma (talk) Per the comment below by whoever wrote it - sorry for not remembering right after I read it.
- BabyLuigiOnFire (talk) Per all
- Baconator (talk) Per all.
- Nintendo64Fan (talk) Per all. This needs to get done!
- Goomba's Shoe15 (talk) according to the articles he was given a name and appeared when lord crump called for johnson therefore he should stay
- Zero777 (talk) Using the logic as 9-Volt's mom, he wasn't actually implied, he made an appearance.
- FourPaperHeroes (talk) Per all.
- Toad85 (talk) I can't think of anything better to say, so just per Zero and GS15.
- Mario Bros.! (talk) Per all.
- Magikrazy51 (talk) Per Mr. Shoe the Fifteenth.
- Mario4Ever (talk) Though Johnson does not differ in appearance from the other X-Nauts, the fact that he has a name and is addressed indicates that he is present in the crowd, even if we can't recognize him. Therefore, he does not fit the definition of an implied character. That said, I don't think his article should have a picture of him present because nothing physically distinguishes him from other X-Nauts, as has been noted.
Again, he could have called any X-Naut there Johnson. Plus "Johnson" never stepped up to Lord Crump. And on top of that, a couple question marks appeared over the crowd of X-Nauts, not just one. Tails777 (talk)
@Mario4Ever: I don't mean to be rude in anyway when I say this (just proving a point) But which of the X-Nauts there was Johnson. Sure he has a name but we don't know which one of the tons of X-Nauts was Johnson. I understand your point of how he doesn't differ from the other X-Nauts but my point is since we don't know which in particular X-Naut is Johnson, therefore I don't think he should have his own article. Tails777 (talk)
- The List of Implied Characters is a list of characters that have not physically appeared in any form of media up to this point in time. There's a difference between not being distinguishable from other X-Nauts and not physically appearing. As long as he physically appears (and he does, since Crump's not talking to himself), he's not implied. Mario4Ever