This is a featured article!
It represents the best of the best that the Super Mario Wiki has produced. If there are any edits that will improve the article's quality even further, make them.
|Edit the article · add to discussion (new section) · FA page|
In my books, and Wikipedia's (man I love that page :p) for that matter, the genitive for ally is "ally's" and not "allies", "allies'", "alliess" or anything similar. - Cobold (talk · contribs) 15:41, 17 June 2007 (EDT)
The Geno doll is last seen with the other protagonists on Vista Hill after the final battle. You may have to look closely, but he is there. Boo Dudley 11:03, 08 Feburary 2008
Geno in Brawl?
- Of course not, the reason of delay is to make lotsa CDs
I just wanna know why him??? He had like a 0% chance of being in brawl, seriously! If another character from the Mario series were to be playable it most definitely would have been Daisy. Just think about it. She is very popular and has appeared more than Waluigi and Bowser Jr. Sorry to all of you really wanting Geno,Waluigi,and Bowser Jr. to be playable but this is the truth. And I'm not just saying this because I love Daisy.
- This is no message board for personal opinions. The talk pages are only to be used for discussions concerning the article. For everything else, there is the forum. - Gabumon(talk) 00:45, 2 December 2009 (EST)
Ummmmmm,Edofenrir, that was your personal opinion.--Smileymiley5001 07:05, 23 February 2011 (EST)
- No, that's the rules. Don't talk to him like that, he's a sysop. This is also no place for unrelated comments like that one. MrConcreteDonkey 07:21, 23 February 2011 (EST)
Geno's ♥♪!? name
It says that in the Jap. version that it shows his ♥♪!? name. If this is true then can someone find it out!!??--Yoshi104 22:12, 21 May 2010 (EDT)
It is true.Plus, I dont think its unprounacable.You pronounce it like this: heartmusicnoteexclamationmarkquestionmark.(Hey, say that three times really fast!)--Smileymiley5001 07:03, 23 February 2011 (EST)
I really don't think you pronounce it heartmusicnoteexclamationmarkquestionmark. I think that whatever language Geno's kind (which would be star people?) It actually means something, but to us it appears like random symbols.
Editing the edit
Somebody added a little to something I put on the page. It's not bad, in fact, it works, but if you see this could you tell me?- Prince Materia
Hard to pronounce
- When Mario first meets Geno, he says something like: "I'm ♥♪!?, but it's hard to pronounce... so call me 'Geno'". --- ThePremiumYoshi 17:25, 25 September 2013 (EDT)
- During the game. See . Another gossip-loving Toad (talk) 23:47, 25 November 2014 (EST)
The SMW has no meaning.
Geno (slang)- meaning of this word is sexual related. Replaced by ♥ is acceptable
Geno should be categorized under "3rd Party characters" because Square Enix has ownership to the character and not Nintendo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk3h7DSu90w Juju1995 (talk) 09:44, 15 October 2017 (EDT)
- Geno's a weird case. He's legally held by a third-party company, but he's also a Nintendo character. 12:32, 15 October 2017 (EDT)
Intellectual Property Laws
It's said he belongs to Square-Enix, but from what I've found, the IP laws of most first-world countries state that any character or element created for a specific setting or franchise belongs to the owner of said setting or franchise. That's why Nintendo' uneasiness about including Diddy Kong in Mario Tennis for the 64 that led to him being replaced with DK Jr. was unfounded, as he's a Donkey Kong character. All those "original" characters you see on DeviantArt? They all belong to Nintendo as well due to that law. This law seems to be often overlooked, which caused the American Sonic the Hedgehog comics to be irrevocably damaged before being cancelled. Anyways, since Geno, Mallow, and all the other SMRPG characters (I'll discount Culex and the Crystals as they are a complete style-breaking allusion to FF) were created for the Mario setting, wouldn't they truly belong to Nintendo? Doc von Schmeltwick (talk) 17:33, 1 December 2017 (EST)
- I don't know how the law functions Japan regarding copyright ownership, but considering that the credits mention that Geno is the property of Square Enix and that they included Geno's costume in Sm4sh only AFTER Cloud's reveal, I think it's better to be safe than sorry and assume that these characters indeed are SQ's property. (T|C) 17:38, 1 December 2017 (EST)
- Given that Nintendo (a Japanese company) kept ownership of the DK characters from RareWare (a British company) after Rare moved to Microsoft, I'd say they should apply to both of those countries. But as I said, they are often overlooked, as SEGA apparently didn't notice them until they decided to cameo the infamous "Sanic Hedgehog" in Sonic Forces. Anyways, I think the laws about that for those countries need investigated by someone. Doc von Schmeltwick (talk) 17:47, 1 December 2017 (EST)
Geno's offical render
Geno's official render from Square Enix is on the Smashwiki page (the one you are using is a fan made recreation), i'd add it myself but i do not have an account here --22.214.171.124 01:26, 9 December 2018 (EST)
-  This? I doubt it's a "fan-made recreation," it's too perfect, and the only difference I see is the shoe shine. this new one is probably a touch-up, or they could both be from back then. Doc von Schmeltwick (talk) 01:43, 9 December 2018 (EST)
still i suggest using the higher quality one given by Square Enix --126.96.36.199 21:01, 12 December 2018 (EST)
|This talk page or section has a conflict or a question that needs to be answered. Please try to help and resolve the issue by leaving a comment.|
Ok so should we put
- Geno A doll (who has been taken over by ❤️🎵!?)
- Geno (whose real name is ❤️🎵!?)
- NOTE: I might have got the real name wrong... [-]€40 vv@(talk · edits) 14:10, May 5, 2019 (EDT)