Move to all-caps names
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
The names of the duel boards in Mario Party 3 are written in all-caps in-game (and even in the manual). Per MarioWiki:Naming, this effectively makes them their official names. If we refer to TOAD in the Box, BOB-OMB Barrage, TOAD Bandstand, and BOWSER's Big Blast by their stylised names, I think we should have the same courtesy for the MP3 duel boards. (Affected articles: Gate Guy, Arrowhead, Pipesqueak, Blowhard, Mr. Mover, Backtrack.)
- RickTommy (talk)
- Bazooka Mario (talk) Makes sense. Both in-game text and manuals make that stylization, and since we do have name changes to reflect those, then we should do these here too.
- Baby Luigi (talk) Per proposal
- 3D Player 2010 (talk) Per proposal
- AfternoonLight (talk) I agree with all of you! We can also do that for Battle Royale boards like Chilly Waters and Waluigi's Island.
- Roy Koopa (talk) Per all.
- TabuuandPeach (talk) it will be a great idea to move it.
- Wildgoosespeeder (talk) These seem better as redirect pages.
- Tucayo (talk) - In the examples mentioned on the proposal, it's clear part of the name is in all-caps as opposed to lowercase, because the name has both; but for these boards, I feel it's just because of the font they chose to display the name and it doesn't necessarily mean the name is all-caps-.
- According to the rules of proposing, one week is allowed for regular proposals while two weeks are allowed for talk page proposals. I find that rule kind of ridiculous as all proposals should have the same amount of time. I think RickTommy (talk) wants two weeks worth of discussion. --Wildgoosespeeder (talk) (Stats - Contribs) 16:21, 2 May 2016 (EDT)
This shouldn't have been in this talk page. Otherwise, it might be difficult to find this talk page proposal if anyone tries to refer to it in the future. On this proposal itself I suppose you have a point. KaBoom! 20:22, 2 May 2016 (EDT)